Loved our 4-night stay (M-F) at the Royal Sonesta! Being our first trip to New Orleans it was great to be located right on Bourbon St. Everything we wanted to do/see in the French Quarter was within walking distance. And taking advantage of the night scene on Bourbon couldn't have been easier. We happened to have a room right across from a bar with live music that started early in the afternoon and went until the wee hours of the morning. At first I thought it was going to be a problem for my bf, the light sleeper, but turned out not to prevent either of us from getting a good night's sleep even though it was relatively loud.
Overall the hotel is beautiful and while we did not take advantage of the jazz club or oyster bar on site, they definitely looked like fun places to be. The room was comfortable and, more importantly, clean. I wish we had been there for warmer weather to take advantage of the pool and gardens.
The staff was great. We didn't have any major issues or requests for them to sort out. But when the battery to our room lock died, they sent up a friendly security man to fix the job quickly. We also had an early flight arriving at the hotel at 9:30am and the hotel was happy to accommodate an early check-in. After dropping our bags off to explore the French Quarter, the hotel had called us 20 minutes later to say our room as ready.
Getting five stars but should be 4.5 because of the noise from Bourbon St. (although it wasn't an issue and we never asked to be moved, but not what I would have expected from this kind of hotel). But we would definitely stay there again considering how convenient the location is. Also worth noting that there was a drug store only two blocks away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sonesta New Orleans is the most Authentic French Quarter Experience located on world famous Bourbon Street, within steps of world-famous restaurants, antique shops, and premier tourist attractions. A landmark in New Orleans since 1969, its atmosphere reflects a strong European influence and Southern charm, with its elegant marbled lobby, tranquil fountains and sparkling chandeliers. The 483 room hotel including 36 suites features a secluded tropical courtyard, a beautifully landscaped outdoor pool, fitness center and five unique restaurants and lounges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Royal Sonesta New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonesta Hotel New Orleans
- New Orleans Royal Sonesta
- New Orleans Sonesta Hotel
- Sonesta New Orleans
- Royal Sonesta Hotel