Royal Sonesta New Orleans
Hotel Indigo New Orleans Garden District(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$243
US$212
US$518
US$468
  • Pool
Le Pavillon Hotel(New Orleans)
US$297
Hotel Mazarin(New Orleans)
US$332
US$388
US$344
  • Restaurant
Staybridge Suites New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$746
US$331
Staybridge.com
US$431
US$343
  • Restaurant
Windsor Court Hotel(New Orleans)
US$905
US$435
US$398
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Downtown Superdome(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$178
Agoda.com
4,588 results
All reviewsr clubjazz clubbourbon streetdesire oyster bardesire restaurantfrench quarterbalcony roompj's coffeebeautiful hoteloysterspeople watchingclub levelthird floormardi grasstreet noisethe location is perfectjackson square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The Royal Sonesta was a delight! We took our 2 grandchildren (16 and 10). The rooms were clean and I am OCD. I was impressed at our service and the professionalism of the staff.The conceirge helped us plan our 3 day visit by booking our Bus tours for all 3 days. MALCOLM IN THE MIDDLE OF BOURBON was an experience in inself. My grandson (10 yr old) has not stopped talking about Malcolm since we came back This year he wants us to go back to NOLA just to see Malcolm. Royal Sonesta and Malcolm go together like peas and carrots! Thanks to both for making our vacation our favorite ever.

Room Tip: Rooms were great. We had a balcony on a side street the first night. It wasn't worth the extra money because there wasn't any traffic on it. I will recommend it highly (and I am OCD) so that is saying alot. A balcony on Bourbon would have been amazing! Loved it!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Kathleen C
Colleen M, Manager at Royal Sonesta New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Kathleen, we are overjoyed to read this review of your most memorable family vacation ever! Thank you for bringing your grandchildren to the Royal Sonesta hotel and to meet the famous Malcolm. We appreciate your review and hope you come back for years and years to visit!

Reviewed 1 March 2014

We recently stayed at Royal Sonesta for 2 nights during Mardi Gras season… Although it's been a few years since we stayed at Royal Sonesta, the front desk was quick to say "welcome back, we're glad you selected us once again"! When making the reservation we requested a high floor not facing Bourbon Street due to the noise. The staff was awesome in that we never once heard Bourbon Street during our stay… If you're not a late night person…3:00 - 4:00 AM… Request a high floor not facing Bourbon! We enjoyed the time so much, we're going back in August for a 4 day weekend.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Anthony H
Colleen M, Manager at Royal Sonesta New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Anthony, thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at the Royal Sonesta Hotel and for taking the time to share this feedback of your experience. We can’t wait to welcome you back in August!

Reviewed 27 February 2014

This hotel really does have it all. It is in the heart of the French quarter so everything you want to see and go to is walkable. Also, it has A couple of the best restaurants and jazz clubs in New Orleans housed in the same building. We asked for a quiet room and got it at no extra charge and were very pleased when our room was completely peaceful, even in the middle of the night on a weekend when the streets were hopping. Malcolm, the doorman, made us feel like we were in the heart of old New Orleans with his cape and top hat and treated us like royalty every time we came and went. He made our experience very special. We would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay there again ourselves the next time we go to New Orleans.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank annie5208

Annie, we greatly appreciate your kind comments to our central location in the heart of the city and our very attentive team. Please come back again soon!

Reviewed 26 February 2014

We stayed at Royal Sonesta at the end of January for 4 nights/5 days.

It is an excellent location on Bourbon Street. We walked everywhere. Very nice restaurant for breakfast and bar for drinks in the evening. Hundreds of restaurants/bars down Bourbon Street. You won't go hungry! Awesome bars with live music all up and down the Street.

The staff is very attentive and friendly.

There was an issue when I checked in for my room (there were 10 of us checking in with seperate rooms - all that were booked at the same time) They said my reservation had changed and had me coming in on the following day. (I had booked an interior patio/pool room). There was nothing available until the following day. The put me on an exterior patio room on a sidestreet (which still had restaurants/bars) and it was very loud. And in the morning very loud. The room was outdated and very small. I was very disappointed in the room. (they told me price was the same for both rooms which I found it hard to believe) I was able to move the next day into the room I had paid for. I was extremely happy with that room. It was very quiet, remodeled, clean and much larger than the prior room. They were very apologetic at the front desk and handled the frustrating situation very well. (I knew the mishap wasn't a result of an error on their part)

Overall it was a nice hotel and would stay there again.

Room Tip: I highly recommend spending the extra money on an interior room. We were out until the "wee hours of the morning" and it was still loud in the exterior rooms. If you want good rest when you finally are in the room - spend the extra money!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Wendy G

We are so sorry that the room choice you initially requested was not available at the time of check-in and you were inconveniently moved around. But we are glad that our hospitable service team helped you through it and overall you had a fun stay in New Orleans. We’re excited to hopefully welcome you back again in the future!

Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

This wonderful gem in the heart of the French Quarter is one amazing hotel! I did extensive research before our trip to NOLA to pick a romantic hotel....this is the one! We had a covered 3rd floor balcony room just on the corner of Conti and Bourbon. There was so much entertainment in the evening to watch and hear! We lef t our french doors wide open all day and night while in the room to take in all the great food scents and amazing music off Bourbon! The Famous Door just across the street had a amazing band play in the evenings with great music! Every night after dinner we would come back to our room with a turndown service with lit candles, rose petals on our bed, and chocolates! They even brought us two bottles of champagne! We were there celebrating our anniversary, and the Royal Sonesta made it memorable! Unfortunately due to weather we were unable to experience the swimming pool, but I will be back to try that! If your looking for the perfect hotel in the French Quarter....THIS IS THE ONE!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank runawayroyalprincess

Reviews like this are exactly what we strive for! We are honored that you chose the Royal Sonesta Hotel for your romantic getaway and pleased to learn how our special our team managed to make your stay. Please come back soon to experience the pool and for another remarkable escape in the heart of the French Quarter!