We purchased a LivingSocial deal which included 4 nights at the hotel and credit to Desire Oyster Bar, Irvin Mayfield's Jazz Playhouse and PJ's Coffee House- all part of the hotel. If you're looking to purchase a similar deal, know that we DID NOT have issues with them honoring the vouchers/credits as they said they would on the phone prior to our purchase. In our case, this meant we were allowed to combine 2 vouchers and associated credits, no restrictions on using the credits for alcohol, etc. The only issue we had was being able to get questions answered about the restaurants and Playhouse prior to our arrival. For example, we didn't know if we needed reservations to any of these until we got to the hotel (turns out reservations were advised for the Playhouse but not for Desire). They seem to operate as separate businesses. One suggestion I have is to make the experience more seamless for the guest by making sure the front desk and concierge understands the operation of these areas and can answer questions.
Be advised that the Royal Sonesta is right in the middle of the madness on Bourbon Street- which could be a good or bad thing, depending on what you are looking for. You have the option to stay on the Bourbon St side of the hotel, which the front desk was upfront about saying would be noisy, or on the other side of the hotel, which is quieter. We chose to go with the quieter side of the hotel and had no street noise issues. It was great to be able to walk to most anything we wanted to see in NOLA!
The Desire Oyster bar had good food and the Jazz Playhouse was fun! PJ's coffee house had average food- adequate for a quick bite but somewhat sub-par when surrounded by such great restaurants in NOLA!
All in all, I great stay for the French Quarter experience!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sonesta New Orleans is the most Authentic French Quarter Experience located on world famous Bourbon Street, within steps of world-famous restaurants, antique shops, and premier tourist attractions. A landmark in New Orleans since 1969, its atmosphere reflects a strong European influence and Southern charm, with its elegant marbled lobby, tranquil fountains and sparkling chandeliers. The 483 room hotel including 36 suites features a secluded tropical courtyard, a beautifully landscaped outdoor pool, fitness center and five unique restaurants and lounges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Royal Sonesta New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonesta Hotel New Orleans
- New Orleans Royal Sonesta
- New Orleans Sonesta Hotel
- Sonesta New Orleans
- Royal Sonesta Hotel