4,863 results
All reviewsr clubjazz clubbourbon streetdesire oyster bardesire restaurantfrench quarterbalcony roompj's coffeebeautiful hoteloysterspeople watchingfrench doorsclub levelperfect locationthird floormardi grasstreet noise
Reviewed 2 July 2014

We got a really good deal on Priceline for our weekend getaway with our kids. We had just a basic 2 doubles room with a view of the pool. Beds were very comfy and you can't beat the location. The only negatives I have is that for the normal price of their rooms the carpet in our room was very dirty. Within 5 min of my kids taking their shoes off their white socks were black on the bottom which means the carpet hasn't been cleaned good at all. The other negative is that you can't use the luggage cart to bring your own luggage up. It can only be handled by the bell men which are super friendly but then you feel forced to tip them. I'd much rather carry my own luggage. For the $100 a night deal I got I really can't complain but if had paid their normal rate I wouldn't have been so enthused. The hotel lobby I must say is pretty amazing. Well renovated!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jimmyandregina
Colleen M, Manager at Royal Sonesta New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Jimmy and Regina, thank you for taking the time to bring these observations to our attention. Please know that an exciting hotel-wide renovation is planned for next year and will touch each room from top to bottom, including new carpet. We hope you that you will give us another try after the renovations.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Dining experience second to none. Chefs Folse and Tramonto prepared an outstanding dinner in the Grand Ballroom for 300 people. The service was spectacular from front of house to back of the house. I would recommend the Royal Sonesta Hotel for any major event.

RPC

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Rufus, reviews like yours are exactly what we strive for! We greatly appreciate your taking the time to share this delightful feedback of the dinner event you attended in our Grand Ballroom, and we are so pleased that the Royal Sonesta New Orleans was able to meet your expectations. Please revisit us next time you’re in the Crescent City!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Royal Sonesta Hotel New Orleans. I had the pleasure of meeting a very professional, articulate, courteous and caring Hotel Manager, Mr. Nathan Postell. Mr. Postell ensured that my Family and Son with special needs was accommodated. His staff was equally professional, courteous, polite, and kind. Your staff is only a reflection of your Management. Mr. Postell represents the Royal Sonesta professionally and well. Please continue to hire Managers of this caliber. I have referred my entire Family, Friends, Co-workers and posted an excellent review on my Facebook page. Keep up the great work!! Smile

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The hotel was VERY nice and the staff were all EXTREMELY friendly. Check in was VERY smooth. They asked if we wanted a quiet room, which we took. The room was maybe a little smaller than most hotel rooms, but we had a King Bed. The bed was comfortable. Our hotel package included breakfast. we ate at Desires for each of our breakfasts. The wait staff was very efficient and the food was great. Doormen would run to open the door for you; that's just an example of how friendly and courteous the staff was. I really enjoyed the location right on Bourbon Street. Once it gets dark you need to show your hotel room key to enter the hotel so security was not a problem. We would stay here again and recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Colleen M, Manager at Royal Sonesta New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Royal Sonesta New Orleans and taking the time to share this valuable feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

This is a beautiful hotel, it is very well maintained and has may nice areas to get away from the craziness if the French Quarter.

The rooms are clean and comfortable. My only issue is the noise coming from the hallways in the early morning hours, but that isn't entirely the hotels fault. We have an entire room racing the pool which is very lovely.

The service is great, no issues with anyone. The front desk staff was especially helpful.

• Stayed: June 2014