5,074 results
All reviews r club jazz club bourbon street desire oyster bar desire restaurant french quarter balcony room beautiful hotel oysters people watching club level mardi gras third floor street noise the location is perfect jackson square malcolm
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We celebrated my 50th birthday there and I have to say the hotel was the best! There were six of us The location was perfect, we could walk anywhere and the canal street car line was a few blocks away, a great way to see all of NOLA!. I have stayed at other hotels in NOLA and will always return to the Sonesta for sure! The hotel staff were exceptional and the hotel was just a little "piece of heaven" You cannot go wrong with the R club and the pool area was an added bonus! Thank you to the hotel staff again for a great birthday!! I am planning another trip soon!

1  Thank Theresa0622
Colleen M, Manager at Royal Sonesta New Orleans, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Theresa, we are honored that you chose to celebrate your birthday with us and took the time to share this delightful feedback. The Royal Sonesta New Orleans is pleased to have met your expectations for such a special occasion. We can’t wait to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

In Nola for business and was very surprised that this was a selection under corporate travel board French quarter walking distance to everything and yet easy access to Highway 10 for client meetings. The staff here is very friendly and welcoming and after seeing you once greets you by name...only thing they could improve is having ready access to coffee you have to go downstairs and buy it in the little café :( The bellman the valets the door greeter and the front desk as well as housekeeping have all been very gracious one of the wonderful things about coming to New Orleans is the culture of service looking forward to using this hotel is my homebase for repeat business trips

Date of stay: July 2014

Londa, thank you for always choosing to stay at the Royal Sonesta New Orleans and taking the time to share this valuable feedback as a business traveler. Please know that we are listening to feedback like yours and will have in-room coffee makers coming next year with the completion of our hotel-wide renovation. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We spent a few days in NOLA celebrating our son's 21st birthday. We had one Bourbon balcony room and one balcony over the pool. Was a little disappointed with the balcony over Bourbon. It was so narrow I could barely cross my legs when sitting out there having my morning coffee (which we had to purchase down in the little coffee shop in the lobby...no coffee makers in the rooms). No awning so when a pretty bad storm blew in our carpet got soaked! Other than that we had a great time. Every employee from front desk, reservations, maintenance were amazing. The Desire restaurant had friendly oyster shuckers serving nice, big oysters. Overall, a great introduction to NOLA for my son and all his friends!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

We are honored that you chose to celebrate your son’s 21st birthday with us and took the time to share this delightful feedback. The Royal Sonesta New Orleans is pleased to have met your expectations for such a special occasion. Please know that we are listening to feedback like yours and will have in-room coffee makers coming next year with the completion of our hotel-wide renovation, which will include new carpet. We can’t wait to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We got a really good deal on Priceline for our weekend getaway with our kids. We had just a basic 2 doubles room with a view of the pool. Beds were very comfy and you can't beat the location. The only negatives I have is that for the normal price of their rooms the carpet in our room was very dirty. Within 5 min of my kids taking their shoes off their white socks were black on the bottom which means the carpet hasn't been cleaned good at all. The other negative is that you can't use the luggage cart to bring your own luggage up. It can only be handled by the bell men which are super friendly but then you feel forced to tip them. I'd much rather carry my own luggage. For the $100 a night deal I got I really can't complain but if had paid their normal rate I wouldn't have been so enthused. The hotel lobby I must say is pretty amazing. Well renovated!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank jimmyandregina

Jimmy and Regina, thank you for taking the time to bring these observations to our attention. Please know that an exciting hotel-wide renovation is planned for next year and will touch each room from top to bottom, including new carpet. We hope you that you will give us another try after the renovations.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Dining experience second to none. Chefs Folse and Tramonto prepared an outstanding dinner in the Grand Ballroom for 300 people. The service was spectacular from front of house to back of the house. I would recommend the Royal Sonesta Hotel for any major event.

RPC

• Trip type: Travelled with friends

Rufus, reviews like yours are exactly what we strive for! We greatly appreciate your taking the time to share this delightful feedback of the dinner event you attended in our Grand Ballroom, and we are so pleased that the Royal Sonesta New Orleans was able to meet your expectations. Please revisit us next time you’re in the Crescent City!