This is the most excellent hotel in New Orleans. I always stay at the Royal Sonesta and I'm NEVER disappointed! The staff is remarkable and efficient. The concierge staff is the best I've ever encountered and I've traveled quite a bit! Rooms are clean and comfortable. I enjoy staying in the balcony rooms and hearing the music and laughter coming from the street!
I have read some of the bad reviews here on Trip Advisor and I have a few things to say. First, if you are angered by music, loud folks, and bars then perhaps New Orleans isn't the best vacation spot for you. Second, never ever leave anything unlocked ie: balcony, room, etc. New Orleans is known for it's crime and is a major city and you should be smart enough to be vigilant.
This is an AMAZING hotel and I highly recommend it!!!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Sonesta New Orleans is the most Authentic French Quarter Experience located on world famous Bourbon Street, within steps of world-famous restaurants, antique shops, and premier tourist attractions. A landmark in New Orleans since 1969, its atmosphere reflects a strong European influence and Southern charm, with its elegant marbled lobby, tranquil fountains and sparkling chandeliers. The 483 room hotel including 36 suites features a secluded tropical courtyard, a beautifully landscaped outdoor pool, fitness center and five unique restaurants and lounges. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Royal Sonesta New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sonesta Hotel New Orleans
- New Orleans Royal Sonesta
- New Orleans Sonesta Hotel
- Sonesta New Orleans
- Royal Sonesta Hotel