“Perfect place during Mardi Gras”
Review of Prince Conti Hotel

Prince Conti Hotel
Ranked #58 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 16 March 2011

My 3 friends and I stayed here during Mardi Gras this year. We chose Prince Conti because of all the reviews I read on TA and I agree with all the positive comments. The hotel is in a fabulous location- just steps away from Bourbon- yet when we were in our room we did not hear the noise from the street. The staff was very friendly, helpful, and took time to answer our 100 questions about where to go and what to do. When we called the front office for something (towels, forks, etc…) they came to our room within a few minutes. Mardi Gras is such a crazy time, but I felt very safe staying at Prince Conti; they had a great security staff! Our room was plenty large and the beds were comfortable. I have AT&T and we had horrible service in the area (perhaps because so many people were there for MG?) but the hotel did offer free wifi. Our room had a Jacuzzi which was a fun surprise. Something a little different was the fact the shower and toilet were in the same room- there was no separation. It never caused a problem for us but we had to be careful to dry the floor by the toilet good or our socks would get wet. I’d like to return to Nola someday and when I do I would gladly stay at Prince Conti.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank blr5004
Write a ReviewReviews (1,668)

Reviewed 15 March 2011

I keep thinking I must not have been at the same hotel everyone else is writing about. After much research on trip advisor and seeing such great reviews I decided to stay at the Prince Conti. I booked directly from the hotel so when I saw the room, my first reaction was "wonder what the room would look like if I had gone through a travel site?" Some may say charming and quaint - I would say "tired, worn and needed attention"- at least our room.
I know you don't go to New Orleans to stay in your room and we didn't. But the times that you are in your room - it should be comfortable. Our front door was warped and wouldn't shut unless we slammed it. Same for the bathroom door which also had a door handle/cover that needed to be reattached. I can't believe that housekeeping wouldn't let maintenance know that the doors were sticking or that a guest wouldn't have brought it to their attention before I did upon checking out. My guess is they just don't care.
Walls are so thin that we might as well been rooming with our next door neighbors since we could hear every word they said. You could hear people's conversations in their rooms as you walked down the hall. There is no space in the bathroom. Only a pedestal sink and a ledge for placing toiletries; a bathtub and a toilet.
other good and the bad:
We were allowed to check in very early - very nice. We got there at 9:30AM and they had our room before 1PM (not supposed to check-in until 4)
Internet is very slow.
I will say the room was very clean and I really appreciated that. The room just needed some updating - new comforters, new TV (not that we watched it).
Great location in the quarter - no noise from Bourbon Street. Felt safe.
Best part of the stay was the Cafe Conti. It does have a great breakfast and great prices.
Great vending machines on 2nd floor.
I think the rooms on the 2nd floor must be nicer than the 3rd floor (where we were). One side of the hall has only brick so you wouldn't have half the noise. Whole floor just seemed to look better even from the hall.
All in all, I probably would choose some place else to stay next time. I want to give it a great rating like everyone else, but just don't see where they are coming from.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed 14 March 2011

I had the best shrimp, spinach and cheddar omlet I've ever tasted this morning. The shrimp were large and fresh as were the other ingredients. The potatoes were cooked perfectly with peppers onions and deliciously spiced. The coffee was dark and rich just as I like it. The service was prompt and friendly.

• Stayed: March 2011
2  Thank Paul L
Reviewed 12 March 2011

my husband and I went there for our 38 year anniversay. Cindy the front clerk and Mike the bell-boy was worth the trip. I will go again only if they work. We were treated important Mike overheard us say it was our anniversary and we had champagne in our room late check out next day and they let us keep our car there the next day until 2pm while we went to french market. we walked everywhere and was in good area to be I could watch bourbon street from our window. room was nice. thanks to all.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank StonewallsBBQ
Reviewed 8 March 2011

I stayed at the Prince Conti 2/27-3/3. We arrived and the rooms weren't avail so they held our bags and we hit Bourbon St. This was the perfect location to party and come home to a good night sleep. Even though we were a block away from the festivities we didn't here no noise. Our room was nicely cleaned and cozy and we settled right in. The only thing I would say that the hotel can use is more lighting and lighter curtains and bedspread to make the room appear bigger but besides that the beds were comfortable. The cleaning people were wonderful. I loved the fact that at night you had to use your key to enter the hotel and the staff remembered our faces and were nice enough to open the door for us. The manager, front desk and concierge desk were the most sweetest and helpful staff I have ever met. They advised me on all the great eatery and was helpful with directions etc. I cant tell you how they made me feel like I was right at home. In NYC , were always in a rush and some hotels make you seem as if your just a #, but here I felt like family. I want to thank everyone for a wonderful first time Mardi Gras Louisiana experience. The mgr will remember who we are because we set off the smoke alarm with my flat iron LOL. I wil be staying here for Essence Festival 2011 and coming back in 2012 for Mardi Gras again. Before, I forget please eat in the hotel. The Breakfast was the BOMB!!!!.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank cheriyah8
Reviewed 8 March 2011

The Prince Conti Hotel proved to be one of the better places I have stayed during many trips to New Orleans. Valet parking was incredibly easy and the service provided by the hotel for parking was outstanding. we stayed in a suite and the rooms were exceptionally well care for and very clean. there were tvs in both rooms and the suite was very spacious. the hotel was very centrally located and close to everything. My return trips will be booked at this hotel in the future. We stayed during the first part of the Madi Gras season so were a little worried about the noise but it proved to be very quiet.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank karen c
Reviewed 5 March 2011

Stayed at the Prince Conti the week before Marti Gras this hotel is a GREAT location if you want to hang out and party on Bourbon St. The staff is awesome from the front desk to the bell staff and concierge; one great perk of the hotel is they offer valet parking (this is huge in the French Quarter) at a reasonable price. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple