“Will always stay here when we are in New Orleans”
Review of Prince Conti Hotel

Prince Conti Hotel
Ranked #47 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 1 July 2011

Charming hotel that retains the look and feel of the 1800's. Every employee we encountered was helpful, pleasant and truly an example of Southern Hospitality. Room was clean and nicely appointed in period. It is in the French Quarter but the price is remakably reasonable. Can't wait til we get back. We are not related to, nor do we know anyone personally that works at the hotel.

1  Thank missvickibiloxi
Write a ReviewReviews (1,705)

Reviewed 30 June 2011

There really are a lot of positives about the Prince Conti; the staff is pleasant, cheerful, and helpful; the location is perfect, situated right between Bourbon and Dauphine (but I got none of the noise from Bourbon at all), and you can easily walk just about anywhere you want in the French Quarter. We arrived very early in the day and not only did the staff store our bags for us, but the clerk took our cell phone number and called us about an hour later to let us know that they had a room ready and would check us in early. Not many places will treat you like that.

Then, there's the negatives. The big problem was the beds, which we joked throughout the stay must have been left over from the Civil War. I have never in my life slept on such an uncomfortable, worn, mushy bed, where a spring is literally stabbing you no matter how you try to contort your body to get away from them. My back STILL hurts from sleeping on these beds! If the hotel would just buy a few new mattresses, I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

The other negative was slight, and that had to do with the cleanliness of our room. The cleaning staff had left hair all over the tub (which I just cleaned up myself) and the sheets were pretty old and had some holes in them. We didn't get daily service, so it was like this when we checked in. There is free wireless Internet available in the guest rooms, but I generally found that it was slow and seemed to "go out" every five minutes or so when I tried using it.

Overall, this is a solid hotel, but be very careful about the beds. Also, make sure to bring ear plugs with you because you'll hear every word spoken in the corridors and every slamming door (though that beats Bourbon St noise any time).

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 June 2011

This is our fourth stay at this hotel and we will continue to come back. The service is always friendly, the price is right and the location is fantastic. Visited the Bombay Club for the first time and it too is wonderful!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite, it's worth it
3  Thank LARC130
Reviewed 17 June 2011

I have stayed here infrequently for years, even well before the storms. I love the location and every room I've had has been what I expected or more - which is to say a very good room, clean, comfortable bed, quiet. The location of this hotel is what I like - near Bourbon Street without being on it, walking distance to some very good restaurants and best of all, with one of the nicest hotel bars in all of New Orleans, the Bombay Club. Very upscale, good drinks and service, nice appetizers. Live quiet, civilized music many evenings. The Bombay Club is a good place to close out a day of "doing" New Orleans, a city which needs all the (tourist) dollars it can get. Broussard's Restaurants (recommended) is right across Conti Street. Also right across the street is a "German-style" restaurant (avoid at all costs) which might be one of the worst restaurants, both service and food, in New Orleans.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank railfanppk
Reviewed 16 June 2011

Our stay at Prince Conti was absolutely wonderful!!! Would recommend to everyone and anyone that wants to truly experience New Orleans!! Lovely rooms and great staff. The cafe downstairs has excellent breakfast!! I cannot wait to return to NOLA and will definitely stay at Prince Conti!

• Stayed: June 2011
3  Thank tourdeles
Reviewed 16 June 2011

We had a fantastic experience in New Orleans! Hearn/Spurgeon wedding party booked several hotel rooms for June 10th weekend. We had a blast!! Staying one block off Bourbon Street allowed for much needed sleep in the morning. Perfect location!

General Manager, Brad Valentino, welcomed each one of us as we entered the lobby. The staff was extremely friendly. They helped us with local attractions and places that we had to visit! Breakfast at Café Conti saved the day! Delicious!

I can't wait to plan our next girls’ trip at The Prince Conti!

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
2  Thank GlobalExpressBoots
Reviewed 15 June 2011

Prince Conti was an awesome place to stay at and at a great rate. Great location with it being in the heart of the French Quarter and only a block from Bourbon Street. Staff was more then helpful and very friendly. I did find parking very expensive at $28 plus tax per day. Room was very clean and comfortable. I found the bed to be more comfortable then some expensive places I have stayed in. The only thing about the rooms and some have complained about it in other reviews is the walls are very thin and can hear other people going in and out, but it wasnt that bad. I would stay here again and highly recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple