“Wonderful Surprise!”

Ranked #53 of 164 Hotels in New Orleans
virginia
“Wonderful Surprise!”
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Location, excellent staff,spacious rooms and delightfully charming New Orleans feel will make the Prince Conti my new perfect stay! Recently spent 3 days and wanted a convenient hotel within the French Quarter with reasonable rates. From the front desk to the bell captain and cafe waitress everyone was so helpful, kind and very responsive. Thanks Vann for your assistance. There are more luxury properties but for a great stay at a fantastic price, nothing beats the Prince Conti.

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank travelagentnancy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 15 November 2011

My parents used to stay here years ago, so I thought I'd give it a try. I was not disappointed. The hotel is just off Bourbon Street yet is very quiet. The rooms are well appointed, much better than the average hotel especially considering the very reasonable rates. The staff is friendly and the one small problem I had was immediately taken care of. I wish that more cities, here and abroad, had hotels such as this...featuring comfortable furnishings, convienient location, spotless bathrooms, bright reading lights that can actually be used...all for sensible, affordable rates. I would certainly stay here again and recommend it to anyone going to New Orleans.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Terry2828
Union, New Jersey
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Stayed here because of wedding party recommendartion and was greatly satisfied. Excellent location in French Qtr; close everything within walking distance; yet quiet and charming. I would definitely rebook! Staff extremey courteous and helpful. Room good/bed comfy. Two small issues while the bathroom was new and modern there was no vent for shower steam. Also, our room was located near the "noisy" ice machine.

Room Tip: Ask for away from ice machine ..
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 13 November 2011

We liked the Prince Conti hotel, it’s half a block off Bourbon Street, far enough to still be quiet.
The room was clean and comfortable, we had a good sized room, particularly after arriving from New York.
The standout is the desk staff, particularly Lisa who clearly likes her job & is enthusiastic about New Orleans. We appreciated the time she took to mark various places on the map for us & gave us recommendations and discount vouchers for restaurants.
The cafe is next door is lovely for breakfast with lively wait staff – but not the place if you’re in a rush!!
If we were to return to New Orleans, we’d stay there again & recommend it to other people.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 10 November 2011

My husband and I stayed at the Prince Conti at the end of September 2011 for our anniversary, and are still completely smitten! The hotel has an old vintage charm, the bed was comfy, and the entire staff was so warm, friendly, and helpful. If you want to be close to Bourbon Street, but not on it – this is the place! Also, breakfast at their Café was also very good. We fell in love with NOLA and will definitely be going back :)

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Mountainside, New Jersey
Reviewed 9 November 2011

Would definitely stay here again. The location is perfect - close enough to everything in the French Quarter but far enough away from the noise of Bourbon St. Staff were very friendly & helpful - got my son a wheel chair to use for the length of our stay when he injured his foot.
The upkeep of the hotel could be a little better: scratched up hallway walls & worn furniture, and the wait staff in the breakfast cafe need some improvement, but overall it's still a great value.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
New York
Reviewed 7 November 2011

First off let me say that this to you the person reading this review, do not let this place get away. If you can book it DO IT. Now onto our review!

My wife and I stayed at the Prince Conti 11/2-11/5 in a room on the 2nd floor facing Conti street. Initially when we first went to check in the lobby was full of hipster Brooklyn-ite wannabe's which I took as an omen as "what the hell did I get myself into" but rest easy dear internetarians that was the only annoying part of our hotel stay. Check in was a breeze and the lady behind the front desk, forgive me I can't remember her name but we had a funny discusion regarding pizza in New Orleans and pizza back home in New York (she is from New Jersey), was super friendly, efficient and knowledgable. She sent us up to our room with a map of the French Quarter and some magazines that had highlighted some of the local restaurants. So after a quick ride up the 2nd floor in the lovely elevator we arrived to floor 2 and made our way to our room.

The room! Our room was awesome, I was a big fan of the exposed brick walls and the individual thermostat control. What was really nice though was the size. We stayed in the King Deluxe room and besides having a king bed to call all to our own the room was not really cramped at all. I could navigate the room in a whiskey enhanced state without stumbling over anything or stubbing any toes which is a bonus. So besides an individually controlled thermostat the room had a full size ironing board, in room safe (our room safe battery was dead but we didn't need to use it, we should have mentioned it to the front desk sorry Prince Conti), a desk, two nightstands with lamps, a ton of extra outlets for iphone/macbook chargers, comfy super comfy bed, a large closet with a full size mirror as the doors and a ceiling fan. I read a lot of reviews and I read the horror story reviews, a lot of times actually, and I would be lying if I didn't think we were walking into a ill furnished room but worry not my friends. We did not run into any major issues at all.

The bathroom! The floor was nicely tiled and so were the walls. The shower pressure and water temperature was phenomenal. The sink was amply sized with a shelf right above it for your toiletries, toothpaste, ladies makeup, etc. Also ladies worry not! They have a hair dryer right next to the mirror in the bathroom so no need to bulk up your luggage with yours from home. Unless you have a obsession and need your own hair dryer with you at all times then by all means bring it. I used the shampoos and soaps they stocked in the bathroom and I thought they were fine, my wife brought her own shampoo's, lotions and potions so i can't ask her what she thought of them but my hair is still on my head and my skin did not melt off.

All in all our stay was very easy, enjoyable and worry free. We highly recommend the Prince Conti. For such close proximity to Bourbon street and for our room to face Conti street the noise from outside was not an issue at all. We also didn't hear much as far as neighbors but we didn't return to our room each night till 2-3 am and in a far from sober state; hey it is New Orleans for crying out loud! The check our process was painless! We had a flight later then the check out time and we wanted to not have to drag our suitcases all throughout the French Quarter and the lovely staff at the Prince Conti let us check our baggage with them until it was time to make our way to MSY.

The only things I can say that were not issues but slight annoyances was that house cleaning crew left a cleaning rag on the window sill (it was there when we first checked into our room), also their cleaning hours were a little off from what we thought was enough time for our room to be tended too. We left our room at 8:30 am to get to Cafe Du Mond and then spent the whole day in the FQ, we returned to our room close to 5 and house cleaning didn't get to it yet. The only reason it's odd to me is because when we left the cleaning cart was literally right next to our door when we left that morning and we had the tag on our door saying that we were requisitioning cleaning service but honestly it was not even a big deal.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple