“Perfect For Us!”
Review of Prince Conti Hotel

Prince Conti Hotel
Ranked #58 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I did literally hours and hours of research trying to figure out the best hotel to suit our needs in NOLA. We tend to stay in higher-end chain hotels when we travel. Ultimately for this vacation we decided for our first time in NOLA we should stay in an historic hotel in the French Quarter (rather than a chain in the business district). We also needed a microwave and fridge, and a room quiet enough to get some sleep (which can be tough to find in the FQ). With a little trepidation, we chose Prince Conti. Any qualms we may have had vanished right away when we arrived.

The small lobby is very pretty, and all of the staff was friendly and helpful. We had reserved a Junior King Suite, and I believe I asked for the highest floor (in this case, 3), and a quiet location in the building. We liked our room right away. None of the furniture was new, but everything was very clean and well kept and looked appropriate to our expectation of what a FQ hotel would be like. The bed looked like it could be uncomfortable, but in fact it was not at all! I usually don't sleep well in hotels, but I did here. The bathroom was clean, functional, and in good condition. The fridge and microwave were great for our leftovers from big meals all around NOLA. We were VERY happy to find two flat screen HDTVs in our room. Temperature controls were simple and worked well.

The hotel's location was also perfect, being about a half block off Bourbon and a very short walk to Canal. We were able to walk everywhere in the FQ, and the hotel served as a nearby safe haven when we were worn out from walking among the revelers. When we wanted to venture further afield, we just walked to Canal and took the various streetcars (including taking one to a nearby car rental place so we could venture even further).

We also had breakfast at the Conti Cafe (the attached breakfast only place), which was nice. We really liked the staff there and talked and joked with them a little. The "Southern Eggs Benedict" is *really* good!

I've been trying to think of any negatives during our stay, but really the only small thing I can think of was that the wireless internet signal in our room wasn't as strong as it could've been. But then it was free, and it did work, so it's hard to even fault that.

Maybe we were just lucky to get the most perfect room in the place, but honestly, we're pretty fussy and we loved it. We would have no qualms about staying here if we make it to NOLA again someday.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BJonesWI
Write a ReviewReviews (1,668)

Reviewed 5 April 2012

We loved our stay at Prince Conti. The service was excellent, the rooms were clean and the beds comfortable. We couldn't organise a hire car ourselves, so the Manager, Brad, went out of his way phoning all over New Orleans to find us a hire car for the next day. We highly recommend the location and the service of this hotel. We thank everyone at Prince Conti for their service and friendliness.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jennifer L
Reviewed 4 April 2012

My only complaint was that rooms were smelly, possible because of humidity. this may be standard in New Orleans, I'm not sure. The rate was very reasonable. Very central location in French Quarter, which was the most important thing for me. The hotel is nothing special other than that. I'm giving it 5 stars because of good value.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank NDRaigg
Reviewed 1 April 2012

The Prince Conti is a very nice and convenient place to stay if you are visiting the French Quarter.(Located less than a block from Bourbon St.) I booked three nights through the Prince Conti website, and paid $69 a night.
The room was nice and spacious and the bed comfortable. The only thing that took me aback was the tv wasn't flatscreen... but it worked so really no complaints.

Everyone of the front desk clerks I encountered during my stay were always in a good mood and glad to answer my question. There is a little cafe on the hotel property that is open for breakfast... it is a little too expensive for what is offered. Your best bet for breakfast would be to find a restaurant in the French Quarter that serves breakfast.

I had an interior room, so I didn't really have any problems with noise.

FYI, if you want really great rates at this hotel, try booking a room at the hotel's website.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Matt L
Reviewed 29 March 2012

A 2 storey hotel with very good service culture, good security and excellent location. We booked a superior room and got a 1st floor room with a view of the parking lot behind the hotel, we were happy to get a view outside, some of the internal rooms don't have windows, The bathroom is very small but adequate and well appointed with good quality fittings and clean. The windows don't open but the central heating and cooling system is very effective even though some fresh air would be nice. The hotel is about 20m from bourbon street in the upper french quarter with easy access to canal street and the street cars. All in all a good value for money Hotel in one of the best cities in the world.

Room Tip: ask for a room with a window, even though they don't open at least you can have a view outside.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank davesmith_africa
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Great location and excellent service! The rooms were a bit small but when your in New Orleans how often are you in your room. We could walk anywhere and that was what was most important.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank casey f
Reviewed 28 March 2012

We had such a wonderful stay on our first visit to the Prince Conti Hotel, we went back. I ordered a suite for a romantic weekend with my wife. The suite turned out to be a large meeting room with a huge table and 12+ chairs and a wall case filled with books, a kitchen set up for meetings and a little bedroom. Totally unsatisfactory! The hotel moved us to a damp room in a bulding that was once a garage that had a TV and carpet older than me, and I'm old.

The staff seemed to be concerned, but by then we just made the best of a bad situation.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple