“Great hotel and great location”
Review of Prince Conti Hotel

Prince Conti Hotel
Ranked #54 of 165 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 18 July 2012

We have stayed here twice now, once for our honeymoon in 2009 and again this summer (2012) The hotel is just one block from Bourbon street and close to everything the French Quarter has to offer. It's really clean too, and the staff is extremely helpful and friendly. You can get a really nice suite or if you are on a budget they have smaller rooms for less than $100 a night. Will definitely stay here every time we come. They also have a cafe and a nightclub. Only drawback is no courtyard or pool

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank camillenesler
There are newer reviews for Prince Conti Hotel

Reviewed 18 July 2012

On July 16, 2012, I traveled to New Orleans from Pensacola to meet friends coming from Dallas. We all stayed at the Prince Conti. I valeted my car at about 430 PM, paid for one day of parking and went on to enjoy my birth city of New Orleans. I checked out on July 17, 2012 in the morning. I loaded my luggage in the car, gave the keys back to the valet($32.00 per day). and went out for the day. My friends went to the Clutch concert while I rested in their room before I drove back to Pensacola. Around 11 PM, I recevied a voice mail from the front desk telling me the hotel is not a public parking lot, if I do not remove my car it will be TOWED and the hotel has gone above and beyond the call of duty in 'storing' my car. I quickly went downstairs and requested my car. The valet went for my car so I had a seat outside. He came back and stated I needed to go with him. I was putting out my cigarette and he yelled at me you need to come with me! I said OK! The lady at the front desk was so unprofessional. She stated again the hotel had gone above and beyond their duty. She charged me another $23.00 for the additional hours of parking and would not give me a receipt for the additional parking charge.

I understand the additional parking charge. What I will not tolerate is RUDE service. There was absolutely no call for the treatment I received. I could not leave without my car nor could I just hop in it and make a mad getaway because they had my keys! I will make sure I tell everyone this story when they are making a trip to New Orleans...AVOID the Prince Conti!!!

5  Thank Shana1965
Reviewed 18 July 2012

The rooms are small and everything looks a little old, but the beds and pillows are comfortable and for the most part, everything looked pretty clean. The TV in my room didn't work, but as we didn't spend that much time in the hotel anyways, it didn't really matter.

The walls are super thin, something to think about if you're coming with children or are a light sleeper.

Location is great - close enough to Bourbon Street to walk to but far enough so that noise wasn't an issue.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

Had a great time at the Prince Conti. Serivce was great. Britani was great. One of the service workers from California was geat. Darnell developed a good repport with my entire family, all 20+ of us. My door sensor broke and it was fixed while I was out in about 2 hours or less. Great service. Thank you Prince Conti!!!

Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 16 July 2012

The staff was just great very nice. The hotel is nothing to write home about. Only one floor has access to the vending machine and it's not convenient at all. Good location to Bourbon St. with-out being in the middle of it all.There is a great place to get beignets right around the corner. Also, Devu was a great price for breakfast or a later night dinner. They are very friendly and the prices are just right.

1  Thank Alycia T
Reviewed 16 July 2012

It would have be nice by it needed to be updated badly..... Our bed was the worst we had to call and all they did was get us a mattress pad that was too small and that they put it on wrong. Service was good.... But because of the room it took away from the experience of being in a historic hotel

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 16 July 2012

This hotel is awesome, it is so close to Bourbon st. the rooms were so clean, no mold or a stinky room. The price was very reasonable and so close to bars. The last call bar next to it is great. Right off of Bourbon st so it isn't loud and crazy. I would definetly recomend this hotel to friends and family. Also I love how you need a key to get into the lobby past ten o'clock at night, that made me feel safe.

• Stayed: July 2012