“Location, Location, Location”
Review of Prince Conti Hotel

Prince Conti Hotel
Ranked #58 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 19 March 2013

This was my 5th time staying at this hotel, and had I rated it on previous stays, I likely would have given it a 4 or even 5. I can't say enough about the location and the friendly, helpful staff. All requests were dealt with promptly and effectively. This time, however, I was less enthralled with the room. It was the smallest room I have stayed at in all of my visits, the carpet was stained, the outlets so loose we were having a hard time plugging in a cord, and the towel rack above the toilet was literally faling off the wall. The rack was fixed at our request, but I have had much better stays at this hotel. I will give it another try next time I am in town in the hopes that I have a better experience but if not, I will look elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,668)

Reviewed 19 March 2013

My husband and I decided to get away for our 36th anniversary and what better place than New Orleans French Quarter. We booked our room at the Prince Conti which is not even a block from Bourbon Street and walking distance to a variety of awesome places to eat. Hotel staff was super courteous! I apologize for not getting anyones names, but they were all very nice! Our room on the second floor was exactly what we needed not too big, not too small! The noise from Bourbon Street minimal and only the occasional loud people walking down the street. We give Prince Conti Hotel 5 stars overall for Cleanliness, courtesy, location!! Can't wait to go back in July!! Sincerely Roberto & Jean from Houston, Tx

Reviewed 18 March 2013

My wife and I spent two nights and we were very pleased. The hotel staff was very helpful. The room had great pillows and mattresses. The proximity to all the "attractions" of NOLA was very convenient. If you want to stay where the action is, Prine Conti is a very good choice.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the street. We were in room 269 and it was quite.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 March 2013

Great location! A nice boutique hotel that is clean with a friendly staff. Get a room without a view if you want a quieter night sleep. The noise from Bourbon was a bit loud but nothing that kept us awake at night. Our only complaint was hard pillows. This isn't a big, corporate hotel that some may be used to. It has charm. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

We have just spent 3 nights at this hotel and were disappointed with it. The worst thing is the musty, dank smell. We hoped by running the air conditioning that this would improve. We felt like we didnt want to go back to the room any more than we hsd to. Hair dryer didnt work. Bed was hard giving me a sore back. Bathroom was clean and linen fresh. Staff were helpful. I do feel that the rating for this hotel is overly high for its actual standard.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

Staff is nice.
Rooms are fine.
Location is nice.
...drunk people yelling n hallways all night. ...priceless.
O wait I paid to stay here. Sad face.

It's a room. Simply a room. But again, the staff is nice. And that's always a good thing.

Room Tip: Ask to not be by elevators
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 March 2013

My father and I did quite a bit of research before deciding to stay at this well situated small hotel in the French Quarter. We were very pleased with our choice finding a comfortable, clean, charming room with french decor waiting for us. Some of the furniture was well used. It was a cozy place to come to at the end of a day exploring NOLA. The staff was really helpful and very thoughtful. During our stay the elevator was out of order which was disappointing, but the staff made every effort to oblige my elderly father. There is always someone in the main office that can be of assistance, offer advice, help with luggage. There is a computer for guests to use in the lobby/living room area. ALSO....connected with this little hotel is a wonderful sought-after bakery where a great cup of coffee and freshly baked croissants can be enjoyed, along with other delicious food, in the morning. AND there is also a very nice restaurant/bar connected to the Prince Conti. One rainy evening we simply walked under the awning to the bar and heard some wonderful jazz!! Everything was close. This was a great spot to have as our hub for my first visit to New Orleans.

Room Tip: Choose a room of the main street.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family