“Good Value”
Review of Prince Conti Hotel

Prince Conti Hotel
Ranked #54 of 165 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 24 March 2013

We took our two college age boys to NOLA for spring break. We were looking for a good value hotel for two rooms with at least one of them with two doubles or queens. The Prince Conti was a very good choice. Conti is a good location. The rooms are a bit small but comfortable and clean. The breakfast is not free but the food in the cafe was excellent and very fast. Much better than the typical hotel free breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Kansasbeach
There are newer reviews for Prince Conti Hotel

Reviewed 23 March 2013

This is a charming hotel. Great value and friendly staff. Clean room. Big enough and only a half block from Bourbon Street but didn't hear any noise at night when we wanted to sleep. Beds were comfy but blanket too thin. Lots of hotels doing that nowadays though. Small sink in bathroom, but expected in older hotels. Excellent location close to Royal Street for shopping those antique shops, jewelry shops, art galleries, etc. Close walk to Decatur St. and Canal Street. Both front desk people were wonderful. Gave advice, called cab that came in 3 minutes. All around a perfect stay. I had been to NOLA twice before but this was a mother daughter trip that was fun. I would recommend staying here if you are looking for a historic hotel with service and comfort. Great value. No need to spend over $200 a night to stay in the Quarter.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank braided123
Reviewed 22 March 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights. I had an interior room with a king bed. The bed was comfortable!!! The room was a decent size. What I didn't like was how small the bathroom was & the blanket on the bed was wayyyyyyyyy to thin. My friend sleeps with the room cool & I usually don't mind because I can snuggle under the blanket, but not so at this hotel. A throw would've provided more heat than this thin blanket which is really more like a thick sheet. I didn't hear anything from the rooms next to me so I don't know if nobody was in them or the soundproofing was good, but I could hear things from the hall. I like the charm of the hotel. I've seen reviews where people had mold in the bathrooms and I specifically looked for this when I got there lol. I didn't have that problem at all. My bathroom was clean. My room was clean except they should've moved the curtains a little when vacuuming lol. The front desk people are really nice & helpful. They told us where to catch the trolley, which trolley, and provided us with change so we could get on. The location is wonderful!!!! Half block from Bourbon St!!! Bottom line, I'd be staying here again when I visit.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank cij1916
Reviewed 21 March 2013

Location, location, location. And this hotel is well located to see the French Quarter and walk everywhere.
The room is small - typical of a European hotel. We had a king size bed and it took up a lot of space in the small room. Three was not enough space for luggage. One luggage rack only. Also, there was no fridge or microwave. The bathroom is small with only a sink, no vanity.
The room was clean and the bed comfortable. So we slept well.
The hotel staff is very helpful. We paid for parking and they took our car to some other location, which made getting something out of it later a bit of a problem. But they accommodated us.
This is not one of the most expensive hotels in the Quarter, but it is very nice and good for the price.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor. There is an elevator, so this was not a problem.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Riverliver
Reviewed 20 March 2013

We will definitely be rebooking at the Prince Conti Hotel the next time we stay in New Orleans. The location is fantastic - just steps away from Bourbon St in the heart of the French Quarter. The cleanliness and ambience of the rooms is excellent. But what really made our stay truly exceptional was the service we received from the staff from booking to checkout. We cannot imagine being served better by any hotel anywhere. Our stay was reasonably priced, but we feel we were treated as though we were spending a LOT more. We HIGHLY recommend the Prince Conti!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 19 March 2013

This was my 5th time staying at this hotel, and had I rated it on previous stays, I likely would have given it a 4 or even 5. I can't say enough about the location and the friendly, helpful staff. All requests were dealt with promptly and effectively. This time, however, I was less enthralled with the room. It was the smallest room I have stayed at in all of my visits, the carpet was stained, the outlets so loose we were having a hard time plugging in a cord, and the towel rack above the toilet was literally faling off the wall. The rack was fixed at our request, but I have had much better stays at this hotel. I will give it another try next time I am in town in the hopes that I have a better experience but if not, I will look elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 March 2013

My husband and I decided to get away for our 36th anniversary and what better place than New Orleans French Quarter. We booked our room at the Prince Conti which is not even a block from Bourbon Street and walking distance to a variety of awesome places to eat. Hotel staff was super courteous! I apologize for not getting anyones names, but they were all very nice! Our room on the second floor was exactly what we needed not too big, not too small! The noise from Bourbon Street minimal and only the occasional loud people walking down the street. We give Prince Conti Hotel 5 stars overall for Cleanliness, courtesy, location!! Can't wait to go back in July!! Sincerely Roberto & Jean from Houston, Tx

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple