“Good value and great location”
Review of Prince Conti Hotel

Prince Conti Hotel
Ranked #54 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed here last week for 2 nights, and really enjoyed our stay. For the location - just half a block from Bourbon Street - we thought the price was very reasonable (many other hotels in the French Quarter were more expensive). I arrived early and was told that our room wasn't quite ready yet, but I was able to leave my bags there, and go for lunch first. The lady at the Front Desk recommended a restaurant, and even called me to let me know when my room was ready. The room was small, but most importantly, it was clean and had a good shower. Another one of the staff was very helpful and recommended places to visit in the city. The location is perfect - we walked all around the French Quarter and also to St. Louis Cemetery No. 1. Being so close to Bourbon Street, I could hear the partygoers from our room (which faced the street), but we didn't have any problems sleeping. Given that the weather was unusually (?) chilly, the one issue I had was with the heating. The hallway was very cold, and even with the heat turned on full blast in the room, it wasn't spread evenly, so it took a while to warm up. But overall, we had a good experience. I would stay here again and would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, avoid a room facing the street.
There are newer reviews for Prince Conti Hotel

Reviewed 2 January 2014

We traveled in a large group and stayed 4 nights around New Years. We booked the hotel back in February because it was a reasonable price for New Years and the Sugar Bowl, and we had stayed at another hotel owned by the same group a few years ago and had a great experience.
The hotel itself was very clean and comfortable, and the location was great. In general the hotel staff was friendly and helpful (especially the bell staff) but we did have a few issues along the way.
The biggest issue was that our keys stopped working many times over our stay. I personally had the keys to my room stop working 4 times. Each time we had to go get a new set of keys. Some times they would ask me for ID and others they wouldn't. This was a little concerning because I felt like I could have just named any room and they would have given me a key for it. One of the nights that they keys stopped working we couldn't get into the hotel using them, and a woman at the desk refused to let us in. Some of the hotel staff was rude when giving us new keys, saying that it was most likely our fault because we used a wrong key on the door causing it to lock itself out, despite the fact that this was not the case at all.
Besides the annoyance of having to get new keys and coordinate getting them to my roommate, the only other issue we had was noise. Being half a block off of Bourbon I expected street noise, but that wasn't the problem. The problem was noise inside the hotel. The walls are incredibly thin, so when people came back late at night making a lot of noise it woke us up. We could hear word for word conversations happening in the rooms on either side of us, and a vacuum upstairs woke me up one morning. Every morning I could tell what time the people above us woke up because I could hear them walking around.
Overall I would choose the other hotel I had stayed in over this one, but I would possibly stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to request an interior room on the third floor in order to reduce noise levels.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I booked this hotel six months ago because we wanted to go somewhere different for New Year's. It is a great small hotel and I would highly recommend it. The staff is super friendly and helpful and I think really make the difference between a decent place to stay and a great place to stay. The Conti is affordable and conveniently located (a half block off Bourbon and walking distance to most attractions as well.) I would recommend bringing earplugs in case your room faces the street. We heard the partiers most nights, but we were there during an NFL football weekend and leading up to NYE. We expected some noise so it wasn't a big deal for us. The cool thing about facing the street though was we got to see a parade of musicians and dancers from our window NYE night while we were getting ready. Our room was average size, but we had a comfortable king size bed. The bathroom was also fine. The only things I would change would be to have a small fridge in the room and a faster and better printer in the lobby if you need to print something (we usually don't ever need a business center but this trip we did.) There is a small breakfast/lunch place in the hotel as well as a dinner/cocktail joint but we didn't use either one.

Room Tip: Call to book your room so you can talk to someone at the front desk. They will steer you in the rig...
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

We got a good rate on room 100, which is located in a separate building behind the main one. While the walls were somewhat cracked & it could stand a bit of refurbishment, it had a lot of charm and a nice style. We checked under the sheets when we got to the room and were happy to see the mattress was spotless and appeared nearly new. It was very comfortable as well. Though it was just a block from bourbon street noise was not a problem. The staff was friendly.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Myself and 2 friends stayed for 2 nights in October 2013, having spent the past week travelling through America we arrived with half clean clothes and very heavy rucksacks, the lady who checked us in was so nice, we asked her if there was anywhere we could take our clothes to be washed and she told us of a place locals used which conveniently was a pub which served food, bonus as we ate, washed & dried all our clothes for $4 and watched the walking dead!

The room was so big, basically 2 rooms in one, 2 double beds in one end and a bed settee in the other, both ends of the room had a TV in (we struggled to work out how to switch them on) but no bother as who wants to stay in watching TV when theres so much to see! Bathroom was clean all the usuals present, coffee machine was a godsend, and ice machine was handy too! Also a vending machine on our floor for a sugar boost! A 2 minute walk to Bourbon street which considering this I barely noticed any noise in our room which was on the front of the hotel, but then again I suppose it all depends of the time of year your staying, all in all had a great stay and would recomend staying here!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Very nice hotel. Friendly staff, comfortable beds, very close to Bourbon St, but quiet enough to sleep well. Best for travelers who don't have a car, since parking is expensive (although parking is secure and convenient) and the hotel is within walking distance to almost everything. You can take a streetcar to visit the Garden District for $2.50 round trip. We found a great deal for the hotel room on the hotel's website under "special rates." I also recommend the $38 round trip airport shuttle service.

Room Tip: Floors are old and creaky. Was glad to be on the top floor.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2013

The bellman and front desk staff were very helpful and accommodating. The rooms are a bit small - but, that is generally the norm in the older quarter hotels. Everything was clean and the room was relatively quiet for that close to Bourbon Street. The stored our bags on Sunday after we checked out and made sure they all got in the cab with us when we left. Enjoyed our stay - would stay again!

Room Tip: Rooms in the interior area of the hallway are quieter.