“Only one word to describe this place- PERFECT”
Review of Prince Conti Hotel

Prince Conti Hotel
Ranked #58 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I was a little nervous upon reading some of the past reviews but my stay From Jan 20- Jan 23 2014 could not have been more perfect. I originally booked a petite room since I was traveling by myself. The clerk behind the counter was very friendly. I was early for check in and was advised it would be a little bit but I could either leave my bags or come back. I left for a short time and returned and sat in the lobby for another short while. I was able to check into my room approx. 2 hours early ( I found that very accommodating) and without an extra charge. Upon inspection of the room I found it very clean and much larger than what I thought it was going to be. I later mentioned this to the hotel clerk and she advised that the room I was in had not been booked so she upgraded me (without charge and without telling me) ,again very accommodating. No matter who was behind the counter I was greeted as I came in or left most times. The room was quiet with only hearing someone in the hallway once and only for a short time (I am sure they were coming back from Bourbon street - which by the way is a stones throw away). SAFETY is one of my big concerns. I felt very safe and saw no one in the immediate area of the hotel that would cause me to be alarmed- even at night. Do pay attention on Bourbon St because you will be approached by someone doing the shoe scam. When they tried to bet that they knew where I got my shoes I simply replied "on my feet" pointed at them and laughed - they laughed back and moved on.

Room Tip: inside room I had no problems. I booked directly on the hotel website- was very easy and saved a li...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank LanceCook616
Write a ReviewReviews (1,668)

Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

It is in the French Quarter, half a block from Burbon St. And few minutes walk to almost all tourist attractions. Compared to all the hotels in the French quarter it has a great price. Rooms are nice and clean. The breakfast in the downstairs restaurant is good. If would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Sofia D
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We arrived much earlier than check-in time, mainly to just park the car and walk to enjoy the French Quarter. The staff promptly greeted us and checked our bags for storage. Make sure when you park for valet that your vehicle isn't even a hair past the no parking sign.... thankfully the staff were prompt with telling the tow truck guys that we were waiting to valet our car. The location is perfect... I was hesitant at first thinking this close to Bourbon it would have to be a noisey room. Although the walls are a little thin between rooms... we heard nothing from outside. You can walk to pretty much all the local dining, tours, bars within just a few minutes! We will definately stay here again

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda H
Reviewed 23 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here for four nights over the new year period and really enjoyed ourselves. It is a stone's throw from Bourbon St, but amazingly quiet considering how close. I can't speak for the rooms above Conti St as we were in a room near the centre of the hotel. The only noises we could hear were the occasional mob of other guests coming back late after a night out, and said guests using the ice machine in the middle of the night (our room was a little too close to the ice machine). None of this was a problem though - we were on holiday after all!

The bathroom was clean and comfortable, the bed was very comfortable, and the room had a real old world New Orleans feel to it. The Wifi was fast enough and didn't kick us off for the whole time we were there which was also a bonus. We didn't have much to do with any of the staff at the front desk, but thought the cleaners and maintenance people were fun and friendly.

The location is hard to beat - anywhere in the French Quarter is an easy walk, and of course there are plenty of good bars and restaurants nearby. We also enjoyed the little cafe across the driveway, which was a great place for a good hearty breakfast before spending the day exploring.

We got a great deal as we booked months in advance, and we will definitely stay here again if we are lucky enough to be back in the Big Easy!

Room Tip: Stay away from the ice machine!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Wetham
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We stayed for 10 days. Rooms are well appointed, although walls are thin. But had a room change without problem and were happy overall. This is a clean, modest hotel. Excellent location - not loud despite being 1 block off Bourbon Street. Staff is excellent - well informed, friendly, and are more than willing to book tours etc. Will definitely recommend and return.

Room Tip: Top floor is best for quiet rooms - nobody overhead. Take a 'suite' if budget allows.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank bmdg
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I stayed here during the "off season" and paid in advance, so I got a great rate. In fact, I think this was perhaps the best value room I've ever bought. It is totally convenient for everything going on in the French Quarter and the neighboring wards (Central Business District, Treme). The staff is friendly and Very Helpful with directions, answering questions, etc. This is a very fine example of southern hospitality at its best.,

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Bob W
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's a quaint hotel and in a great location in the French Quarter, walking distance to many restaurants, bars and Bourbon street. Good value for money

Room Tip: Rooms at end of hallways are queiter
Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends