“Great location in New Orleans”
Review of Prince Conti Hotel

Prince Conti Hotel
Ranked #53 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
“Great location in New Orleans”
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

We stated here because it was recommended by friends because of its proximity to Bourbon Street. Only a half a block and you can be enjoying the greatest music around. Staff very helpful and rooms were very nice. The Bombay Martini Bar at the hotel was excellent. Would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank HeatherG1949

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Small hotel just off bourbon street in the french quarter. We stayed in a petite double room. Very nice hotel, clean rooms, efficient service, and a cute cafe for breakfast at a reasonable price in the lobby.
A 20 second walk to bourbon street and restaurants, however the noise (even on the weekends) didn't affect our room and we were on the street side.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank redribbons112
Pasadena, Texas
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I was a little nervous upon reading some of the past reviews but my stay From Jan 20- Jan 23 2014 could not have been more perfect. I originally booked a petite room since I was traveling by myself. The clerk behind the counter was very friendly. I was early for check in and was advised it would be a little bit but I could either leave my bags or come back. I left for a short time and returned and sat in the lobby for another short while. I was able to check into my room approx. 2 hours early ( I found that very accommodating) and without an extra charge. Upon inspection of the room I found it very clean and much larger than what I thought it was going to be. I later mentioned this to the hotel clerk and she advised that the room I was in had not been booked so she upgraded me (without charge and without telling me) ,again very accommodating. No matter who was behind the counter I was greeted as I came in or left most times. The room was quiet with only hearing someone in the hallway once and only for a short time (I am sure they were coming back from Bourbon street - which by the way is a stones throw away). SAFETY is one of my big concerns. I felt very safe and saw no one in the immediate area of the hotel that would cause me to be alarmed- even at night. Do pay attention on Bourbon St because you will be approached by someone doing the shoe scam. When they tried to bet that they knew where I got my shoes I simply replied "on my feet" pointed at them and laughed - they laughed back and moved on.

Room Tip: inside room I had no problems. I booked directly on the hotel website- was very easy and saved a li...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank LanceCook616
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

It is in the French Quarter, half a block from Burbon St. And few minutes walk to almost all tourist attractions. Compared to all the hotels in the French quarter it has a great price. Rooms are nice and clean. The breakfast in the downstairs restaurant is good. If would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Sofia D
Vicksburg, Mississippi
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We arrived much earlier than check-in time, mainly to just park the car and walk to enjoy the French Quarter. The staff promptly greeted us and checked our bags for storage. Make sure when you park for valet that your vehicle isn't even a hair past the no parking sign.... thankfully the staff were prompt with telling the tow truck guys that we were waiting to valet our car. The location is perfect... I was hesitant at first thinking this close to Bourbon it would have to be a noisey room. Although the walls are a little thin between rooms... we heard nothing from outside. You can walk to pretty much all the local dining, tours, bars within just a few minutes! We will definately stay here again

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amanda H
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 23 January 2014

My wife and I stayed here for four nights over the new year period and really enjoyed ourselves. It is a stone's throw from Bourbon St, but amazingly quiet considering how close. I can't speak for the rooms above Conti St as we were in a room near the centre of the hotel. The only noises we could hear were the occasional mob of other guests coming back late after a night out, and said guests using the ice machine in the middle of the night (our room was a little too close to the ice machine). None of this was a problem though - we were on holiday after all!

The bathroom was clean and comfortable, the bed was very comfortable, and the room had a real old world New Orleans feel to it. The Wifi was fast enough and didn't kick us off for the whole time we were there which was also a bonus. We didn't have much to do with any of the staff at the front desk, but thought the cleaners and maintenance people were fun and friendly.

The location is hard to beat - anywhere in the French Quarter is an easy walk, and of course there are plenty of good bars and restaurants nearby. We also enjoyed the little cafe across the driveway, which was a great place for a good hearty breakfast before spending the day exploring.

We got a great deal as we booked months in advance, and we will definitely stay here again if we are lucky enough to be back in the Big Easy!

Room Tip: Stay away from the ice machine!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wetham
BC
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We stayed for 10 days. Rooms are well appointed, although walls are thin. But had a room change without problem and were happy overall. This is a clean, modest hotel. Excellent location - not loud despite being 1 block off Bourbon Street. Staff is excellent - well informed, friendly, and are more than willing to book tours etc. Will definitely recommend and return.

Room Tip: Top floor is best for quiet rooms - nobody overhead. Take a 'suite' if budget allows.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends