“Fun at Satchmo Fest”
Review of Prince Conti Hotel

Prince Conti Hotel
Ranked #51 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 18 February 2014

My second stay at the Conti and was warmly greeted by Ava and found my room was ready though I arrived early and was glad to drop my bag and change. Location is perfect just off of Bourbon in a quiet area.The room was comfy with a huge King size bed with ceiling fan overhead and bath with plenty amenities,everything was neat clean and inviting but a carpet stain needed cleaning.
Friendly staff,good location,comfy room! I will be back again.

Room Tip: not to near the elavator
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Greg M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,690)

Reviewed 16 February 2014

We got a great deal on the room through a 3rd party site for a 2 night stay. Our flights were canceled for the ATL ice storm and the hotel extended our stay at the same price. The front desk rep, Ava, was wonderful. The room was fine and comfortable. The bathroom was small but manageable. The carpet did need to be cleaned really bad. I looked for a chalk outline around one of the stains, but I was in the Quarter and I wasn't there for the carpet. I could only imagine the parties that go on in hotel rooms in New Orleans. Our housekeeper, Tika, was thoughtful enough refresh the ice in the bucket we had our snacks in to keep them cold. We asked about a fridge but they are reserved for the deluxe more expensive rooms or for $20 a day. The location was very good. I was in the room by 9 pm and heard no outside noise though our room was on the interior overlooking the parking area. I'd stay here again for the price. Good hotel at a great value

Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank jeepinmudgirl
Reviewed 15 February 2014

A friend and I stayed here on Feb. 9, 2014. Upon our late arrival the valet greeted us and inside the front desk clerk provided a speedy check-in. This hotel is in the French Quarter which is ideal to for site seeing. Rooms are on the smaller side but we loved the historical decor of this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 4DaLoveOfScrapN
Reviewed 15 February 2014

My friend and I stayed in the Prince Conti for 3 nights last week, and I must say that I was extremely impressed with everything about the hotel. We got a great deal since we were staying on a couple weeknights, and nothing seemed comparable price-wise in the Quarter, so I will admit I was a bit wary for that reason.

We were able to check in early (around 1PM), which was much appreciated, and absolutely loved our room. It had high ceilings and was extremely charming, clean, and well-kept -- definitely keeping with the overall "boutique" feel. For us, noise was never an issue ... it seems that the hotel is located on the quieter end of the FQ, despite being extremely convenient to Bourbon Street. It was in an ideal location to take advantage of everything in the neighborhood and even the nearby Marigny. We never felt unsafe, even at night, walking back to the hotel. Bonus points for the adjacent cafe, where we grabbed a great breakfast before one of our walking tours.

I would stay again in a heartbeat!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank kimlw1321
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

We stated here because it was recommended by friends because of its proximity to Bourbon Street. Only a half a block and you can be enjoying the greatest music around. Staff very helpful and rooms were very nice. The Bombay Martini Bar at the hotel was excellent. Would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank HeatherG1949
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Small hotel just off bourbon street in the french quarter. We stayed in a petite double room. Very nice hotel, clean rooms, efficient service, and a cute cafe for breakfast at a reasonable price in the lobby.
A 20 second walk to bourbon street and restaurants, however the noise (even on the weekends) didn't affect our room and we were on the street side.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank redribbons112
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I was a little nervous upon reading some of the past reviews but my stay From Jan 20- Jan 23 2014 could not have been more perfect. I originally booked a petite room since I was traveling by myself. The clerk behind the counter was very friendly. I was early for check in and was advised it would be a little bit but I could either leave my bags or come back. I left for a short time and returned and sat in the lobby for another short while. I was able to check into my room approx. 2 hours early ( I found that very accommodating) and without an extra charge. Upon inspection of the room I found it very clean and much larger than what I thought it was going to be. I later mentioned this to the hotel clerk and she advised that the room I was in had not been booked so she upgraded me (without charge and without telling me) ,again very accommodating. No matter who was behind the counter I was greeted as I came in or left most times. The room was quiet with only hearing someone in the hallway once and only for a short time (I am sure they were coming back from Bourbon street - which by the way is a stones throw away). SAFETY is one of my big concerns. I felt very safe and saw no one in the immediate area of the hotel that would cause me to be alarmed- even at night. Do pay attention on Bourbon St because you will be approached by someone doing the shoe scam. When they tried to bet that they knew where I got my shoes I simply replied "on my feet" pointed at them and laughed - they laughed back and moved on.

Room Tip: inside room I had no problems. I booked directly on the hotel website- was very easy and saved a li...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo