“Great Location”

Ranked #53 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
UK
“Great Location”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We gave this hotel a 4-stars because it's location is really good, only a few steps from Bourbon street and many great restaurants surrounding the hotel.
The room we had was huge but the furniture in the room was old and worn out. However room is clean and the bed was not too too bad.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (321)
Illinois
Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Second time staying here. First time for Halloween 2012. Both stays were great. Staff is always very friendly and helpful. Nate the valet guy was great, I needed to retrieve my jacket from my vehicle. He said he would go grab it 4 blocks away. I told him I would walk with him. He struck up a nice conversation on the walk. As far as the room we had room 251 which is a suite. Talk about room. Room was great only thing I can fault them on there is one of the sheers for one of the windows looked like Edward scissor hands got a hold of it. All in all will continue to be a repeat customer. Great location, great employees, clean rooms and very comfy beds.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Scott M
New Lenox, Illinois
Reviewed 18 February 2014

My second stay at the Conti and was warmly greeted by Ava and found my room was ready though I arrived early and was glad to drop my bag and change. Location is perfect just off of Bourbon in a quiet area.The room was comfy with a huge King size bed with ceiling fan overhead and bath with plenty amenities,everything was neat clean and inviting but a carpet stain needed cleaning.
Friendly staff,good location,comfy room! I will be back again.

Room Tip: not to near the elavator
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Greg M
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

We got a great deal on the room through a 3rd party site for a 2 night stay. Our flights were canceled for the ATL ice storm and the hotel extended our stay at the same price. The front desk rep, Ava, was wonderful. The room was fine and comfortable. The bathroom was small but manageable. The carpet did need to be cleaned really bad. I looked for a chalk outline around one of the stains, but I was in the Quarter and I wasn't there for the carpet. I could only imagine the parties that go on in hotel rooms in New Orleans. Our housekeeper, Tika, was thoughtful enough refresh the ice in the bucket we had our snacks in to keep them cold. We asked about a fridge but they are reserved for the deluxe more expensive rooms or for $20 a day. The location was very good. I was in the room by 9 pm and heard no outside noise though our room was on the interior overlooking the parking area. I'd stay here again for the price. Good hotel at a great value

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank jeepinmudgirl
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 15 February 2014

A friend and I stayed here on Feb. 9, 2014. Upon our late arrival the valet greeted us and inside the front desk clerk provided a speedy check-in. This hotel is in the French Quarter which is ideal to for site seeing. Rooms are on the smaller side but we loved the historical decor of this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank 4DaLoveOfScrapN
Arlington, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 February 2014

My friend and I stayed in the Prince Conti for 3 nights last week, and I must say that I was extremely impressed with everything about the hotel. We got a great deal since we were staying on a couple weeknights, and nothing seemed comparable price-wise in the Quarter, so I will admit I was a bit wary for that reason.

We were able to check in early (around 1PM), which was much appreciated, and absolutely loved our room. It had high ceilings and was extremely charming, clean, and well-kept -- definitely keeping with the overall "boutique" feel. For us, noise was never an issue ... it seems that the hotel is located on the quieter end of the FQ, despite being extremely convenient to Bourbon Street. It was in an ideal location to take advantage of everything in the neighborhood and even the nearby Marigny. We never felt unsafe, even at night, walking back to the hotel. Bonus points for the adjacent cafe, where we grabbed a great breakfast before one of our walking tours.

I would stay again in a heartbeat!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank kimlw1321
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

We stated here because it was recommended by friends because of its proximity to Bourbon Street. Only a half a block and you can be enjoying the greatest music around. Staff very helpful and rooms were very nice. The Bombay Martini Bar at the hotel was excellent. Would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed February 2014