“Happy 10th anniversary”

Ranked #56 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Baltimore, Maryland
“Happy 10th anniversary”
Reviewed 12 February 2011

Recently, my wife and I celebrated our 10th anniversary in New Orleans. We could think of no other place to go. I was referred to the Prince Conti by a friend of mine and we decided to stay there. I was not disappointed. The staff was excellent and very accomidating. The location of the hotel to everything we wanted to do was perfect. Staying in the French Quarter is like no other place. We had an issue with our car and trying to park on the street at night but the manager was nice enough to take care of us. He saw our situation and saved us money by offering us free parking. I have never been personally taken care of by a hotel manager, it really made me feel important. I cannot wait until our next visit to New Orleans because now I won't have to worry about where I will stay. i recommend the Prince Conti to anyone looking for a real New Orleans experience. Laissez les Bon Temps Rolles!
Eric and his wife Natasha

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RonaldMacD

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (313)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 4 February 2011

The staff was very courteous and helpful. The rooms were nice and clean, and were furnished with antiques, without being over the top. The location was perfect, only half a block from Bourbon street. I would definitely stay there again, and will recommend it to friends.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Eunice, Louisiana
Reviewed 3 February 2011

I had to drop someone off in New Orleans and decided to stay the night. I have stayed in the French Quarter before and I like to try new hotels. I have found a keeper. The staff was wonderful and my stay was great. I could walk to any thing I needed and even thought we were close to Bourbon Street it was no problem. Thanks for making my stay stress free.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Merriment1
Vancouver, Wa.
Reviewed 3 February 2011

The Prince Conti is located just 1/2 a block from Bourbon St. Very nice location for walking anywhere in the French Quarter. I had read that to get a good night's sleep, to ask for a quiet room, not on the street. That was very good advice! Our room had a window, but no view, just an unused area and the wall across. It was very quiet, so that was good! Friends had a room overlooking Conti St. and they said it was very noisy into the night, from party-ers. They seemed to enjoy the local "flavor" though, so it suited them.
The room was well appointed and clean, and we enjoyed the antiquity of it. It was cold in NOLA when we were there and we had some trouble with the heat. It was resolved. There was a free continental breakfast included.
We felt the day front desk person was a bit aloof and not too friendly. She was helpful, however, answering all our questions.
We enjoyed our stay and would certainly stay there again.

detroit
Reviewed 31 January 2011

We just enjoyed another fabulous stay at the Prince Conti Hotel. Once again, the staff was delightful - our vacation was the best ever! This hotel is perfectly located, as Conti Street is very close to Bourbon Street but far enough to get away from big crowds on busy weekends. Also the Prince Conti is home to The Bombay Club, which is a fantastic restaurant that features very talented live music and great food. I can't imagine staying anywhere else while visiting New Orleans - Miss Cindi and the rest of the Conti staff consistently spoil us. Our next visit can't come soon enough!

1 Thank daddysbadgirl
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 25 January 2011

This was a great smaller hotel that offered us an excellent rate for a group trip. It was located extremely close to all the great French Quarter attractions and the service was fantastic. It did not have breakfast, and the rooms were a tad warm, but clean, affordable and located in an excellent part of the heart of it all!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 January 2011

If there is a chance you will be out later than midnight in New Orleans, do not stay at this hotel unless you want to be refused entry to your room and threatened to be thrown in jail.

To be fair, the majority of the staff was excellent and extremely friendly. Unfortunately, I had a horrible experience with the night time receptionist, Rick, that soured the entire stay. I returned from a dinner at midnight to check into the hotel. I had earlier dropped off my bags but our room wasn't ready yet. I had a few glasses of wine at dinner but was in no way impaired. Rick refused to let me into my room. He insisted that I was at the wrong hotel (again, I dropped my bags off earlier so I knew it was impossible). I had to asked him twice if I had somehow insulted him and apologized until I realized that there was no winning with this guy. I literally had to argue with him for several minutes just so he would look up my reservation. Once, he found my reservation, I asked for an apology for the way I had been treated. He refused and told me that if I didn't change my tone, I would be spending the night in jail. He then refused to give me a key (again, he confirmed that I had a reservation and that my buddy I was splitting with was already in the room) and had the porter walk me to the room and let me in.
The next day, I tried to contact the manager and left a voicemail. It's been a week and I haven't received a callback for more details or with an apology. Just goes to show how much they care about their customer experience.
I'm a 26 year old professional male. If I was drunk and obnoxious that night and felt in anyway responsible, I would not waste my time writing this review.

3 Thank keap120
, Owner at Prince Conti Hotel, responded to this review, 3 February 2011
For security reasons, hotel access was denied because guest refused to identify himself upon entry late in the evening. Staff was cordial and professional at all times - never rude or disrespectful - but deliberate about security policy.