“Terrific Hotel and friendly staff”
Review of Hotel St. Marie

Hotel St. Marie
Ranked #61 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 25 April 2011

Just came back from a wonderful trip to New Orleans with my cousins. We found the Hotel St Marie to be a very lovely hotel. The rooms were quite large and loved the balcony. The beds were not the best but were quite comfortable. I had no problem with the bathroom arrangement although some reviews mention the small door separating the tiolet area from the dressing area I did not feel that was a big deal. Loved having 2 seperate mirrors and a large walk in closet especially when you are sharing with someone. Very quiet even though you are only half a block from Bourbon street. Also found the rooms themselves to be quiet. Slept very well. Great location, you are walking distance of everything. The staff was very nice and helpful. A special thanks to Amy at the front desk and Simon. We are the group of ladies from Texas that I think really made an impression on the staff, what with our Red Hats and jokes, I think they will understand. We had such a great time that we have decided to go back again next year and we would not think of staying anywhere but the Hotel St Marie. The St Marie won my heart. Highly recommend it over a big hotel chain. Very quaint with New Orleans charm.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,947)

Reviewed 20 April 2011

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights one or which was the last day of the french quarter festival. It is an excellent location to stay at but if you get a room facing Toulouse street be prepared to hear singing and trucks all night long...rooms are ok a little outdated but comfortable. Breakfast is basic but you can find good breakfast joints close to this hotel. service was excellent...everyone always ready to help.

Room Tip: Ask for a room inside the courtyard
Reviewed 18 April 2011

Our first impression of the hotel wasn't so great...a heavy set white female with brown curly hair checked us in. She appeared to not be liking her job that night...but after we checked in the rest of the experience was not-so-bad. I think the rooms could've been cleaned better, the maids left our pillows on the ground after making the beds which was rather odd. The breakfast isn't much but really...who eats three meals a day on vacation? It was just enough to get you started and ... free so no complaints there. The location is GREAT ... steps away from Bourbon Street. We were able to hear some noise from our room but it wasn't so crazy that it kept us awake or anything. Request a room in the main building...friends I was traveling with stayed in the building across the parking lot...had to climb 19 stairs to get to their room, it's a little hard when intoxicated after a night on Bourbon St ; )

Room Tip: Request a room in the main building!
Reviewed 17 April 2011

I stayed at the Hotel St Marie for the Sugar Bowl, and I was not disappointed. The location was absolutely fantastic. It was right around the corner from Bourbon Street, yet with the window closed you could barely hear any noise! And that's impressive considering that Bourbon was packed Sugar Bowl attendees. The room was very clean, the staff was friendly, and the air conditioning worked very well. The only cautionary statement I have is that the balcony room may not be worth it. I had a balcony overlooking the French Quarter, but it was so small you couldn't even fit a table and chairs on it. I understand the courtyard balconies may be bigger, but I didn't see any of those. It was cool in January, so we did open the door to the balcony a few times to enjoy the air and the sound of revelers on Bourbon. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in the Quarter and really close to Bourbon.

Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 April 2011

I reserved two rooms through a 3rd party booking site, and even though I paid for a balcony room, the management said none was available. There was no refund for the extra charge for the balcony room. The manager was rude. The hotel is "down at the heels" and in need of an overhaul. There is no A/C in the hallways, elevator, and public areas. Our top floor room was difficult to cool in April. I can't imagine what it would be like in really hot weather. Forget the continental breakfast that they advertise. It is really bare-bones. The neighborhood is convenient, but loud music from a block away can be heard in the room with the windows closed. The bed I had was terrible.....springs poking up and filthy. I complained and the maid put an additional mattress pad on the mattress and this helped a little.

Room Tip: There is no good room in this hotel.
Reviewed 8 April 2011

Valet parking good, check-in good, porter good, room & balcony large and very nice, service excellent all categories, check-out good., Amy & John Marshall served with excellent souther hospitality. Brett & Sue Baker, Jonesboro, Ar.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2011

Stayed for 3 nights in late March 2011. Inside balcony room on the 3rd floor. Large clean room and very quiet dispite being only 1/2 block off Bourbon St. Front desk (Peter and Dana were great) very helpful info on tours and restaurants. Hotel parking is on site and inside. Included breakfast isn't much, but biegnets at the Cafe Du Monde isn't far away.
Was able to get discount hotel rate coupon at Louisiana Plantation Visitors Center.

Room Tip: Suggest inside balcony room for quiet and view.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple