2,169 results
All reviewscourtyard balconygreat locationfrench quarterhalf blockbottle of champagnesmall poolbathroom doorparking garageroom was largenice courtyardan older hoteljackson squaremardi grasfew blocksbourbontoulousenoise
Reviewed 22 April 2013 via mobile

Obviously any hotel located in the French Quarter is a great location if you are attending an event such as the Quarter Jazz Fest. St Marie has a great location unfortunately they have not cleaned or painted in a long time. We had a large balcony room which had some furniture but no plants or anything to make it inviting unless you are a smoker. Service is Good staff is friendly. Difficult to define value because the rates change for each event. With all the other hotels in New Orleans we will try somewhere else next year

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

My daughter, sister, and myself ran away for the weekend! We stayed here on a whim. The staff was very nice. Especially courtney (roll tide!) He made sure that all was well and really put us at ease. Valet was fast but 38.00 seemed a little pricey. But the car was safe and that is great. The room was nice. Expected it to be "old" and it was. It was clean and quiet. We had a suite by the pool and the only noise we had was a few party teens deciding to celebrate 420 outside the door. After flipping the lights a few times they left. Haha housekeeping was not so great. The coffee pot had old coffee left in it. There were used dirty towels under our sink and beer bottles lay in the courtyard from miday till the morning. You would think with a price of close to 300.00 a night it would have been cleaner.
I am not saying I wouldn't stay there again but I would think twice

Reviewed 14 April 2013

We wanted the French Quarter experience and were close to everything we wanted to do. I would recommend a room on the courtyard like we had because the streets at night can be very noisy. We are not as young as we used to be and liked getting our rest at night.

The front desk people were very helpful from the start. No attitudes like some of the reviews. I would definetly not want a room near an elevator in any hotel I stayed in. Was dissappointed that our room was not clean the first day. We came back to rest around 3:30 and they never came in to make the beds etc. We had to get extra towels to be able to shower again. The next day they were late again but we didn't get back to the hotel until around 5pm so the room was clean.

We needed to see a doctor while there and they gave us a list of urgent cares and the inn house doctor. They were concerned after we returned from the urgent care and asked how we were doing.

The bathroom door does have slots in it like shutters but I never felt like I didn't have privacy. You couldn't see through it.

I was dissappointed that pool wasn't cleaned or heated. We brought bathing suits and planned on having drinks by the pool which couldn't happen.

I didn't like the attitude of the restaurant staff. The cafe people were great. We tried to eat there but they made it difficult and were very insulting when we said we didn't have reservations. There are so many great places to eat close by that has terrific food so we never did eat at the hotel restaurant.

I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the courtyard are quieter. Only 1/2 block from Bourbon St so you hear everything from there on the street side.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I want to start by saying that if you are going to NOLA to party and could care less about where you stay as long as it’s close to Bourbon St; this is the place for you. If you are going for shopping, sightseeing, dinning and having a nice relaxing time exploring then stay outside of the French Quarter. I would suggest somewhere around Canal St where Harrah’s and the Marriott are. It will be worth the extra money. I would never stay in the French Quarter again. I would stay somewhere more peaceful and clean and just visit that area for the day.

This was my first trip to NOLA and we chose to stay at the Hotel St Marie based on location, rate and a recommendation from a friend. The mixed reviews did make me a little nervous but we booked anyway and were really looking forward to staying in a place with character and charm. We arrived early so understandably, our room was not ready yet. The lobby was very charming and the man at the front desk was helpful by providing a map of the quarter and giving a few recommendation on what to do for the afternoon. So we checked in and left our bags at the desk and off we went exploring.

Later that afternoon we received a call that the room was ready so we headed back to the hotel. We were given our key and headed upstairs; our bags followed shortly after. When we walked into the room, the first thing I noticed is how old and out dated it was. From the 13” tube TV to the 1980’s alarm clock. It was clear they didn’t vacuum the carpet because there were crumbs and food all over the floor from the last guests. The room was also dark, cold, and damp and had a musty smell to it. The bathroom “door” was more like a shudder. It didn’t have a door knob or lock and it wasn’t even a sold door, it had slats. There was absolutely no privacy when you had to use the bathroom. We were not pleased with the room at all but we didn’t get discourage and let it ruin our trip because we figured we wouldn’t be in the room much anyway except for sleeping and showering.

Speaking of sleeping, we didn’t get much of it. We were put in a room directly off the elevator and the walls and doors are paper thin. Therefore every morning at 3am we heard all the drunken people getting of the elevator, carrying on and yelling. The 2nd morning we were woken up around 8am by maintenance people hammering and drilling in the room right next door to us. Then housekeeping knocks on the door at 9am asking if we want the room serviced. It’s one thing to woken up by guests of the hotel but to be woken up by the hotel staff really irritated me.

We went to the bar/lounge connected to the hotel a few nights and enjoyed drinks and dinner. It was a nice atmosphere and we met some very friendly people. The gentleman bartender the first night we were there was very friendly and fun, the female bartender the following night couldn’t be bothered by anyone in there and was snippy. Unfortunately, I never got either one of their names. The morning we were leaving to go home we decided to have breakfast in the restaurant and the food was delicious!! Our server on the other hand was rude and disrespectful. She gave us the bill while we were still eating and came back to get the check two more times while were still eating and having our coffee. By the third time she came back and we told her we didn’t even look at the bill yet she became annoyed with us and said, “The sooner you pay the bill the better”. We were so taken back that we paid the bill immediately and left for the airport four hours early because we couldn’t stand being in that hotel another minute.

I highly doubt I will ever return to NOLA but if I do, I won’t be staying at the Hotel St Marie. I will never recommend this property to anyone traveling there either.

Room Tip: Request a room as far away from the elevator as possible.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank jbean300
Reviewed 12 April 2013

This was our second stay at the St. Marie. Comfortable room and great service from the staff. I don't understand some of the complaints about the decor, elevator and wear on the rooms. This is an old French Quarter hotel. That's the charm of it. If you're looking for the Ritz, go stay at a modern hotel. The hotel staff greeted us EVERY time we entered or exited the hotel. Very friendly. Even the maintenance people engaged us in conversation. Stayed for 5 nights and will certainly stay again on our next trip to NOLA.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple