“Friendly staff and excellent value”
Review of Hotel St. Marie

Hotel St. Marie
Ranked #62 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I can't say enough good things about the Hotel St. Marie. The service was excellent and my room was clean and spacious. Although the hotel is mere footsteps from Bourbon Street, the partying noise never reached the hotel. It is suitable for families and couples. As a single woman, I felt safe being there by myself. The hotel St. Marie is excellent value for money. It is handy to the French quarter, the French Market and Café du Monde. I will stay there again and again. I have recommended it to all my friends. Although I didn't use the pool or the courtyard, I saw other guests enjoying them. The Vacherie Bar is an excellent place for a drink and a nosh. The café is a favourite place with guests and locals alike.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is about a half a block off Bourbon street. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was nice and clean as well as the entire hotel. For the money this hotel is a great value! I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Hotel St. Marie, is just a half of a block from Bourbon St. , it's location is great . The hotel is all of the French quarter experience you could hope to have. Rooms are very clean and have that French quarter ambiance with their balconies. The court yard is absolutely beautiful with a pool , just steps away.

The restaurant has a variety of delicious foods to satisfy any appetite. The staff is very courteous, friendly, and very comical. Just loved them. They have a very convenient bar on the lobby floor. It's a great way to beat the heat after a day of shopping and sight seeing. Really cold drinks.

Your just a few steps away from the Bourbon St. Experience . Laissez les Bon temps rouler!!, for those of you who haven't picked up on the deep French language, Let the good times roll at Hotel St. Marie.

Kimberly White

Room Tip: Ask for an inside or outside balcony room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KimberlyRussellBoyd
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My husband and I booked a last minute trip to New Orleans and our regular hotel in the Marigny was close to $500 for 3 nights. That was more than we wanted to spend and so my husband looked around a bit and found Hotel St. Marie. They were $250 for the 3 nights. Location could be great, depending on what you want. The entrance is really only about half a block from Bourbon St and you're just about a block and a half from Royal St as well. The staff here were all lovely, friendly, and helpful. Our room was small but completely adequate and our bed comfortable. The hotel was clean and lacked the damp feeling so many places have down there. A great French Quarter location. We had a good night at the hotel bar one night as well when it was raining too hard to go anywhere else. Great staff there as well and better than decent food.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I was st the St. Marie also the week of June 8th. I thought every level of the staff of friendly and helpful, from the valet service to getting our many bags to our room. Check in was one of the easiest I have every experienced, and I have traveled globally for 40 years. All the staff were very friendly, helpful and professional. The rooms were very nice and typical of an old hotel in the French Quarter, so if you want a room with perfect walls, one coat of paint and a balcony perfectly square corners, then this hotel might not be for you. But, if you want a very "roomy" room with comfortable beds and very nice furniture, plus the ambiance of the French Quarter, then this Hotel is for you, without the high-end cost and uppity quests that you find at the newer hotels round the "Quarter". My wife and I are 60 and we had a great time. I would recommend this hotel to everyone who wants to experience Bourbon Street. People who don't like partiers should probably not could to the French Quarter and stay in any hotel near Bourbon Street. Thanks Brad, You have a wonderful gift in the Hotel St. Marie. Signing respectfully, Greg and Deb Watson.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony over looking the courtyard. People were talking with each other from the...
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I stayed here on my first visit to New Orleans and it was a nice hotel with a great location. It was a full house being the weekend so a little on the noisy side. The pool was almost always full with people and at some stage they were quite drunk! It is a nice old building and around the corner from bourbon street. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank BB1972MEL
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We came on a weekday, to avoid SOME of the crowd. I know Bourbon St is pretty much loud and obnoxious 24 hours a day on Friday / Saturday. But, we had some sort of circus or something check in the same night as us, next door. And with these paper thin walls - you could hear everything as if they were in your room with you. It's okay, payback came at 7am when they were good and asleep.

The room was ok. Typical 1000 coats of paint on window slats, and interior stucco repairs made 23 different times, cracks here and there. But, the nice clean linens, and super comfy bed made up for this. The ceiling was atrocious in the bathroom. Aside from it being 7ft high, it was already caved in drop ceiling.

The bathroom was tiny, but, clean and usable. The door to our room had, no joke, a 2 inch gap at the bottom of it. I could see peoples legs down the hall, if I sat in the chair facing the door. Door threshold, 10 bucks, Home Depot.

The staff was just a bunch of drones. They weren't peppy, or welcoming, or warm at all. Just kind of pestered to have to be working in an air conditioned building on a weekday, when they could have some job working outside in 95F heat at 100% humidity. I don't know. If you don't like your job at the desk, start repairing the rooms?

The on-site restaurant we ate dinner at one time. We walked in, and there was a 40+ person wedding party in the party room, then us, in the normal side. There was ONE waiter, and he was rushing and busting his butt - but, this still left us waiting for refills on water, or waiting forever for things. It's not the guys fault, but, why only have one staff member working the day of a wedding party? We were almost done eating, and still waiting for just ONE glass of water - when we were rescued by a bunch of punk college aged kids that openly admitted to trying to be loud and obnoxious to run "those folks off". ha ha, lolo.. thanks guys.

The menu, and the lighting and the setting in this place kinda says - quiet, sit down, sophisticated dining. But.. I guess it was open to anyone, and with no management around to settle down rude kids.. I guess we should have picked up Subway and eaten in our rooms. The food was acceptable. Maybe 6/10. and not terribly expensive.

Room Tip: There aren't refrigerators in every room. There may not be any, in ANY rooms. Ask first.
1  Thank alex_357