“Cute little hotel-perfect location in French Quarter”
Review of Hotel St. Marie

Hotel St. Marie
Ranked #62 of 163 Hotels in New Orleans
Verona, New York
“Cute little hotel-perfect location in French Quarter”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Nice, comfortable and clean hotel. It is in a great location (one block from Bourbon St) yet without all the noise and commotion. Queen beds are a plus, small but nice courtyard with a pool. Staff is helpful The hotel is an older building,however it is nicely maintained. The only complaint I would have would be that the rug in the room was old, worn and looked quite dirty. The room also had a bit of a mildew smell when you first walk in, but nothing really awful. Also, although the wifi is free, the connection was terrible! We had to go onto the balcony just to connect! Otherwise, dollar for dollar this is a good find,

Room Tip: Room with courtyard view/balcony was nice and quiet. I cannot say whether or not the street view/bal...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (491)
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed 14 August 2014 via mobile

We booked this hotel through Hotels.com, so might have gotten a good price, but it was nice and very clean. Great location to walk around the French Quarter and CBD from. It is an old building and we enjoyed it!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank yarrow-flower
Biloxi, Mississippi
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Stayed again at the Hotel St. Marie . Love this hotel. Location is absolutely perfect.Close to all the excitement of Bourbon ST. just 1/2 block away. Took a bottle of wine down to the pool this time and spent a very relaxing afternoon there before starting the wild nightlife on Bourbon ST. This hotel really gives you the feeling of old NEW ORLEANS.MISS TONYA at the front desk is always very friendly. She didn't just give us any room , she saw to it that we got our favorite room with a private balcony overlooking the street. thank's MISS TONYA. JOHN MARSHALL at the front desk is great also, a true professional very friendly. See ya'll again soon.

Room Tip: Get a balcony room overlooking Toulouse ST.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank skipersmith
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I looked at several places to stay for a quick birthday getaway. I spoke to many of the hotels on the phone and all were pretty much the same and didn't seem to care weather i stayed with them or not. I spoke with Ernest at the Hotel St. Marie and i was taken back. I felt like i was talking to a friend and they were inviting me to stay at a place i would feel like home. I know there are so many places to stay, but i would recommend without a doubt this place based on my booking experience alone. I have not been there yet, as my trip is coming up, but i am anticipating a great experience! I teach customer service for a living and was impressed by the caliber of welcome and comfort i felt immediately. Ernest really make me feel welcome and went out of his way (yes above and beyond) to help accomodate me in this upcoming stay. I will be telling others of this experience so they can enjoy and well. I look forward to meeting everyone and thanking them in person!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Robert H
Roatan, Honduras
Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

First...this is a beautiful , well-located hotel and priced right. Generally good, polite staff. However, desk person Travis gave us a 1/2 hour jerk around to move us to a different room. One that had been empty and ready to occupy for about two hours. He then took his sweet time in making up a key card, costing us another half hour wait, and making us late for dinner. This guy has a resentful attitude...and for spite, he never booked our taxi reservation for 5:15 the next morning. Real professional. I think is might be a good idea to call ahead. If he is still there, you could be next. He sweet talks, but does not belong in the hotel business. Manager/owner Brad Valentino thanked me when I called him a little while ago. Nice guy. This is not the first complaint about Travis.

Stayed August 2014
3 Thank ScottW1126
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Perfect location - a block from Bourbon street but without the noise. We had a room with a balcony facing the courtyard and it was wonderful.
The hotel staff were super friendly and very helpful Really appreciated their knowledge and recommendations.
The valet service was fantastic as well. John was helpful and always had a smile on his face.
Can't wait for my next visit.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2014

St. Marie is a quaint hotel that is located not even a block from Bourbon St. The room was nice, but the staff are the ones who left an impression. The ladies who checked us in the first day were very nice; one even suggested which swamp tour we should try. However, the guys (Travis, Thomas,and Rocco) were great. They suggested some GREAT restaurants for us to try, and they even went the extra mile by calling in our reservation (one night) and calling a bike taxi to take us to the restaurant. We have to go back!! Not just to see more of New Orleans, but to also visit hotel St. Marie and it's wonderful staff.

Room Tip: You definitely want a room with a balcony facing Toulouse St. Keep in mind that this hotel is nowhe...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends