“Wonderful experience- I could not be more pleased!”
Review of Hotel St. Marie

Hotel St. Marie
Ranked #62 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 10 March 2009

We arrived earlier than expected- but instead of making us wait the staff got our room prepared and let us check in early.
Every staff member we encountered was helpful and seemed to take pride in their job. The called endless cabs for us, gave reliable wake up calls, and OUTSTANDING resturaunt recommendations- all with a smile.They further exceeded our expectations by sending a complementary bottle of champagne to our room when learning that we were getting married during our stay.
The location was great- central to most everything-yet still quiet enough to sleep. Rooms were spacious and clean and the house keeping staff were very attentive.
I could not have asked for a better experience. Will stay at Hotel St. Marie each year when we return on our anniversary.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Truvirgo3
There are newer reviews for Hotel St. Marie

Reviewed 4 March 2009

Loved this hotel. 75% of staff were excellent and the other 25% were great at their jobs. Clean rooms, excellent location, great reservationists, even changed my NON CHANGEBALE reservations due to my last minute emergency (lost my ID, had to change name on reservation) Perfect, central location in the quarter, around the corner from Bourbon, but far enough away that you can be a spectator, and can walk anywhere from Cafe Du Monde- to the St Louis Cemetary #1.
Stayed for 10 days and did not have one negative encounter with any person on staff. They are knowledgeable, friendly, helpful, gracious, and have great discretion for those late night comings and goings in the quarter!!!!
Can't say enough good things about this place, they MADE my honeymoon EXCELLENT.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lissybob75
Reviewed 28 February 2009

Clean and close to Bourbon St.
Friendly staff and was glad I picked St Marie Hotel...Will be back

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank KamGuy63
Reviewed 22 February 2009

We arrived around 2:00 p.m., and the front desk was kind enough to check us in. We had a balcony room on the 4th floor overlooking Toulouse and enjoyed the view. The hotel is older, so the rooms are not plush by any means. There was a polyester bedspread, old carpet, and a small TV in an armoire, but the charm of the hotel overcame these minor annoyances. Everything was clean and in working condition, and we were pleased with the hotel.

I would definitely stay here again, and would recommend it to anyone wanting to stay in the French Quarter, but not pay an exhorbitant price.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank galveston_gal
Reviewed 21 February 2009

This was my second time coming to New Orleans and first time staying in the French Quarter. As I usual, I used TripAdvisor as a handy dandy tool to do my research for hotel reviews. I found a lot of good reviews, but some of the recent reviews were about average for the hotel. Since I found a good rate for this hotel, I thought "well I'm only going to be staying for 2-nights, it can't be that bad." When my best friend and I arrived at the hotel that morning (way before the 4pm check-in), we were greeted by the front desk agent who was able to get us in our room early. I figured the hotel wasn't sold out the night before, so she was able to give us a room. The agent gave us a really nice room on the ground floor. I loved the "old" feel to it with the brick walls and the big tapestry sized windows. This is the French Quarter hotel-feel I was looking for. Our room had two-doubled beds, a door to a tiny patio area shared by two other rooms, a shower/tub, and an accessible shower ~ which didn't bother me at all. The room was very spacious, suprisingly because I actually expected the rooms in the boutique hotels of the French Quarter to be much, much smaller. The hotel offered complimentary continental breakfast, which was fine because there are just too many places to eat around the hotel to have a bigger meal for lunch. The hotel also offered complimentary, wireless internet in the rooms. I was worried about this before I arrived because on the hotel website it mentions internet access, but not wireless. My overall experience at this hotel was great for its value and especially location - it's only 1/2 a block from exciting Bourbon Street. I'm not a huge party person, but being near Bourbon Street is a must when you visit the French Quarter, I didn't mind the experience. The nice thing about the hotel is that you don't hear a lot of the Bourbon Street noise at night ~ but of course, I didn't go to NOLA during Mardi Gras either, so no guarantee on the noise level during this season! It is 1 of 3 hotels in the Valentino Hotel collection, includig Place d'Armes (which was actually my first choice, but the hotel was sold out of the room-type I wanted) and the Prince Conti Hotel. I would definitely stay at the Hotel St. Marie again, staff was also great!

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank 0Lenster1
Reviewed 11 February 2009

My friend and I headed to NOLA to depart on a cruise...We stayed at the Hotel St. Marie because of the proximity to Bourbon Street and it being in the French Quarter!

It was perfect!!! We could walk everywhere we wanted, the hotel was easy to get to and close to everything but nice that the hotel wasn't on Bourbon Street, because we would have never gone to sleep.

We enjoyed a bottle of wine in the garden/pool area which was very relaxing. After a night on Bourbon street, which was amazing, we took advantage of the free breakfast! It was perfect and FREE! We then took off for our cruise, but I wish we could have stayed another night.

The rooms were fine, nothing to fancy, but all the amenities and a good size!

I would recommend this to anyone and everyone!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Amandi34
Reviewed 5 February 2009

I went with 2 friends to New Orleans to celebrate the New Year. The Hotel St. Marie was a great choice for us. Settled in the French Quarter the hotel is conveniently located a block (25 steps) from Bourbon St. The French Quarter is easily navigated and walked but if you plan to be on Bourbon St. during the evening hours, this hotel is the place to stay. We were overjoyed to be able to take that 30 second walk back to the hotel to use our bathroom or drop off our purchases so that we didn't have to carry around our items all night or wait on line for a bathroom. The cost could have been a bit less but what in this world wouldn't we want to cost less? The staff was not overly friendly but were helpful. Any noise that I heard came from other hotel guests in there rooms or the hallway, but not any street noise. Our room was clean and comfortable with a slight hint of mold. The smell either went away with the balcony door being open or the cleaning lady and her room spray. Either way, we had a great stay in New Orleans at the Hotel St. Marie.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends