“Great Hotel clean rooms, friendly staff!”
Review of Hotel St. Marie

Hotel St. Marie
Ranked #63 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 14 April 2009

This makes the 4th stay at the hotel. 1 street over from the French Quarter. The rooms are always clean and the staff is always friendly! The hotel is smaller than some of the others but the staff more than makes up for it as they always greet you by name. We have stayed at others but we always want the Hotel St Marie as we like the staff and the feel of the hotel. We will stick with the Hotel St Marie and have hooked many friend on the hotel as well. Until next year St. Marie we will be seeing you then.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank A&BDavidson

Reviewed 11 April 2009

This hotel was in a fantastic location. You are steps away from Bourbon street. The great thing about the hotel is that if you ask for a room facing the courtyard you will hear nothing from the street. The room was quite spacious, clean and had a nice balcony onto the courtyard. The continental breakfast was no hang but saved us quite a bit of money each day not having to get breakfast. The staff was very friendly and helpful and was always ready and willing to answer any question my parents and I had. This will be where I stay the next time I visit New Orleans!!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank callie10
Reviewed 1 April 2009

My sister from Sacramento recently visited me at the Gulf Coast for the first time, and among her desires of places to see was, naturally, the city of New Orleans. – It was important to me to leave her with a good impression of the South, and I spent considerable time on the internet looking up a nice place to stay while in the Crescent City. – I kept coming back to the St. Marie Hotel on Toulouse, a side street right off Bourbon, and thus very conveniently located for walking not only to Bourbon, but also to the Mississippi River and the business center, including Harrah’s. – Check-in at the hotel was quickly completed, and our car was efficiently whisked away to valet parking, thus sparing us the agony of where to safely park in this busy section of town. Our accommodations were ample and clean, and we especially enjoyed the view of the old city from our street side balcony. Despite the close vicinity to Bourbon Street, we didn’t hear any noise whatsoever when the balcony door was closed. – Our concierge, John Marshall, skillfully helped us with directions and suggestions to points of interest which we really appreciated. – The hotel’s courtyard is small, but beautiful and very serene. If I go again, I might try one of the rooms overlooking it instead of the street. Neither one would disappoint. – All the staff we encountered was pleasant, friendly, and helpful. I will definitely keep the St. Marie in mind next time I visit, and I can recommend it highly to anyone looking for a place to stay in the French Quarter of New Orleans.

• Stayed: March 2009
2  Thank Macala222
Reviewed 31 March 2009

The staff at this hotel really went out of their way to help us when a power outage forced us to move from our previous hotel. They were very accomodating and friendly. I was very pleased with our stay. I would recommend this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank lessielee
Reviewed 29 March 2009

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon, and it was great! It was so close to everything that we never got the car out of the parking garage, we were able to walk everywhere. Plenty of restaurants, bars, shopping and nightlife just steps from the hotel. It does not have a restaurant in the hotel currently, so no room service, but with so many choices so close, it doesn't really matter. The ONLY thing I wish were different, I wish there had been a refridgerator and microwave in the room, as the portions in New Orleans are very generous.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Traceyparrot
Reviewed 28 March 2009

My sister and I stayed for 3 nights at the St. Marie! We fell in love with it!
The staff were so pleasent and helpful! they were the most hospitable hotel staff I have ever encountered!
The room was charming and quite clean! The housekeeping staff were cheerful and pleasant- and you can tell they take pride in their work!
The hotel is quite peaceful- yet in the midst of all the action!
Nothing but great things to say..and I could go on and on and on!!
My sister and I are already talking about going back!

• Stayed: March 2009
1  Thank myspecialks
Reviewed 28 March 2009

We stayed at this hotel on our trip to New Orleans and we loved it. The staff was always helpful and the room was clean and bright. The location was convenient to Bourbon street and the other French Quarter highlights. The noise from Bourbon Street can be rather loud in street front locations in other hotels but this hotel was quiet and peaceful.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple