“Very good hotel - Exceptional Staff”
Review of Hotel St. Marie

Hotel St. Marie
Ranked #58 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
A TripAdvisor Member
“Very good hotel - Exceptional Staff”
Reviewed 28 June 2006

Stayed at the Hotel St. Marie for 5 nights June 22-27. I was completely satisfied with the experience. Hotel property and room was in very good shape. This is a small hotel, but well run. Had a Superior Room with balcony overlooking courtyard. Even though hotel is only up street from Bourbon Street - could not hear the nightlife at all, so sleep was undisturbed.

Hotel staff was exceptional - friendly, professional, and doing a great job.

Also think the hotels telecommunications package was just great - $4.95/day for phone and internet (wired lan). Price was perfect (I think $10.00 that many chain hotels charge is just too much).

So, I highly recommend this hotel for your New Orleans stay!

• Stayed June 2006, travelled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (491)
Reviewed 28 June 2006

I just spent a week at the Hotel St Marie in New Orleans. The room was very comfortable and quiet. The hotel staff was wonderful, treating us more like friends and family than mere guests. The restaurant, HIllary's, on the first floor was the best dinner we had all week. The food was delicious and the service outstanding. The bistro was also great for breakfast. We tried every breakfast on the menu and found them all first rate. The hotel is located on Toulouse St between Bourbon and Dauphine, making it perfect for enjoying the French Quarter. We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go with ease. I would most definitely recommend this hotel and restaurant!!!!!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed 26 June 2006

We just spent a week enjoying New Orleans and this hotel was a very positive part of that experience. We have stayed in quite a few places in the French Quarter over the years and this has now become our favorite. Our room was clean and quiet and everyone working there was great. We had wonderful breakfasts, great drinks in the bar and our favorite dinner all week was at Hillary's. The rates are really incredible right now too. Can't wait for our next escape there!

• Stayed June 2006
Reviewed 25 June 2006

I stayed at the Hotel Marie two months after Hurricane Katrina. I was really shock to see that although the City was hit hard by the storm and suffer severe loses, the hospitality and service we received was astounding with the limited resources and of course lack of employees to provide the proper services.
On my returned trip back to the area I will most definitely choose the Hotel Marie.
From the hotel front desk to the car valet service was exceptionally good.
In this review I can't forget about the restaurant Hillery's that is part of the Hotel services.
Hillery's served some of New Orleans special dishes for dinner and gave us the superb services.

I can go on and on about the services, however I will follow on a later date because after six months of living at the hotel, I am still living here and have four months to go. I will keep you posted.

Thanks for giving the opportunity to write this small review on the Hotel Marie.

• Stayed November 2005, travelled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 June 2006

We are in New Orleans often for fun and business. We had our best stay ever at the St. Marie. We have been hunting a place to be regulars at and I think we have found it. Had a nice room overlooking the courtyard. The flowers were lovely. The staff was warm and fiendly and very very helpful. The hotel is just one half block from Bourbon Street, but once inside her doors we were in a haven of peace and quiet. The hotel is small (only about 100 rooms), but has everything we needed. We will recommend it to everyone we know.

• Stayed June 2006, travelled on business
Frisco (Dallas), TX
Reviewed 24 June 2006

I cannot say anything bad about this hotel. We had not been back to NOLA since Katrina and decided to book a last minute Memorial Day weekend trip. The summer rates had just kicked in so we got a great deal. We normally visit in March or November and usually pay double. The hotel is right in the middle of the Quarter. Great so that if you needed to pop by the room real quick it was no big deal. This is the 1st boutique type hotel we have stayed at in NOLA. We normally do the chain places. Never again! We got the King Superior room with exterior balcony. Somehow we got hooked up with one of the big balconies and LOVED it. It was a little noisy at night due to it being so close to Bourbon. There is a little store a couple doors down that was very convenient. Room was very clean and spacious. Staff was very friendly and helpful.
Give St Marie a try .. you won't be disappointed.

Stayed May 2006
2 Thank Dallastar02
Central City, Kentucky
Reviewed 22 June 2006

I visited New Orleans from June 3 to June 6, and I chose the St Marie because of a good experience two years ago. I had heard that most hotels in NOLA were short-staffed, and I expected some compromise of service due to this fact. I was wrong. Although all of the staff I encountered were doing double duty, all were friendly and helpful. I requested extra towels, and did not have to repeat the request thru our stay. The front desk offered directions and suggestions for meals. But most notable was the valet-he was obviously busy, but still helped with the luggage as well and was patient and friendly. The location of the St. Marie is perfect, right off of Bourbon street and well lit for coming in at night. Our room was clean and had plenty of room for four. I don't think you could find a better hotel to stay in for a visit to New Orleans.

3 Thank ManyPurrl