“Great Birthday”

Ranked #61 of 164 Hotels in New Orleans
Auburn, California
“Great Birthday”
Reviewed 18 July 2006

We stayed at the hotel for a long birthday weekend - what a great place- we arrived at the hotel at 9:30 a.m. and they were so kind they let us check in at that time. The desk personel are wonderful, helpful and so nice. We walked everyplace, it is a great location, close to Bourbon St. but just far enough that you don't hear music all night. We highly reconnemnd the Hotel St. Marie.

Stayed July 2006
1 Thank Longsrx

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (494)
Reviewed 12 July 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel St. Marie for a week end and had a great stay. The staff treated us as if we were the only people int he hotel. The maid who made up our room noticed that I use extra towels and replaced them without me having to ask for more again. The parking guy was pleasant and gave us good directions. Everyone went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The ladies at the desk were always willing to give directions and helped us find great places to eat and helped me find the perfect gifts to bring home.

The hotel was CLEAN. The patio is SO NEW ORLEANS, with a small pool and fountian. We had a room with a balcony that looked out over the roofs of the French Quarter, how romatic can you get! This location can not be beat. Just a little ways off of Burbon Street. We had a wonderful week end of dining and music all within walking distance of our room. We have been to New Orleans before but never stayed in the French Quarter before. We loved it!! We will never stay outside of the French Quarter again.

Our room was pretty standard, could use a larger TV but no one watches television in New Orleans anyway. I would have like to have had room safe, which I have become accustomed to in my travels, but there were little safes available at the desk. That is all that I can say I would change. Otherwise, everything was perfect.

If you go to New Orleans, stay at the St. Marie, you will not be disapointed. This is an exceptional hotel with an exceptional staff.

• Stayed July 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 3 July 2006

Girlfriend Get Away - We stayed at Hotel St. Marie June 3 - June 8. The hotel was just fabulous. Our check in was fast & the front desk agent was friendly & offered suggestions where we could find a late dinner. Most of the staff seemed to be working overtime but they always offered a smile and a friendly hello. The bartender in the lounge remembered our names & gave excellent suggestions on where the "mature" crowd could find good music and entertainment without having to deal with the heavily intoxicated street crowd. When we missed our train and had to come back to the hotel for another day and night they got us into a room immediately. We enjoyed a late dinner at the restaurant that was the best we experienced in NOLA (try the shrimp & crab chowder ooo la la!) The hotel is in an excellent location -- out of the main traffic but close enough to everything so that you can experience NOLA at its best. The bathrooms are spacious and very clean and the housekeeping service is excellent.
There is so much more I could say about this fabulous hotel but suffice to say that we will be returning there in a couple of weeks for more fun & frolick.

• Stayed June 2006
5 Thank Stella A
Reviewed 28 June 2006

Stayed at the Hotel St. Marie for 5 nights June 22-27. I was completely satisfied with the experience. Hotel property and room was in very good shape. This is a small hotel, but well run. Had a Superior Room with balcony overlooking courtyard. Even though hotel is only up street from Bourbon Street - could not hear the nightlife at all, so sleep was undisturbed.

Hotel staff was exceptional - friendly, professional, and doing a great job.

Also think the hotels telecommunications package was just great - $4.95/day for phone and internet (wired lan). Price was perfect (I think $10.00 that many chain hotels charge is just too much).

So, I highly recommend this hotel for your New Orleans stay!

• Stayed June 2006, travelled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 28 June 2006

I just spent a week at the Hotel St Marie in New Orleans. The room was very comfortable and quiet. The hotel staff was wonderful, treating us more like friends and family than mere guests. The restaurant, HIllary's, on the first floor was the best dinner we had all week. The food was delicious and the service outstanding. The bistro was also great for breakfast. We tried every breakfast on the menu and found them all first rate. The hotel is located on Toulouse St between Bourbon and Dauphine, making it perfect for enjoying the French Quarter. We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go with ease. I would most definitely recommend this hotel and restaurant!!!!!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Medford, Oregon
Reviewed 26 June 2006

We just spent a week enjoying New Orleans and this hotel was a very positive part of that experience. We have stayed in quite a few places in the French Quarter over the years and this has now become our favorite. Our room was clean and quiet and everyone working there was great. We had wonderful breakfasts, great drinks in the bar and our favorite dinner all week was at Hillary's. The rates are really incredible right now too. Can't wait for our next escape there!

• Stayed June 2006
Reviewed 25 June 2006

I stayed at the Hotel Marie two months after Hurricane Katrina. I was really shock to see that although the City was hit hard by the storm and suffer severe loses, the hospitality and service we received was astounding with the limited resources and of course lack of employees to provide the proper services.
On my returned trip back to the area I will most definitely choose the Hotel Marie.
From the hotel front desk to the car valet service was exceptionally good.
In this review I can't forget about the restaurant Hillery's that is part of the Hotel services.
Hillery's served some of New Orleans special dishes for dinner and gave us the superb services.

I can go on and on about the services, however I will follow on a later date because after six months of living at the hotel, I am still living here and have four months to go. I will keep you posted.

Thanks for giving the opportunity to write this small review on the Hotel Marie.

• Stayed November 2005, travelled on business