“Just Great”

Ranked #55 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
Murfreesboro Tennessee
“Just Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2006

This hotel was very nice, very quiet and clean. The hotel is perfectly located to all the attractions of the French Quarter. All of the staff from the moment I arrived was very nice and friendly, from the valet, to the desk personnel, to the housekeeping staff to the bartender. I was very impressed with the hotel and level of service. I was happy to find out the pool is sanitized with something other than chlorine. I had many apprehensions traveling to the French Quarter for my first time on vacation after the hurricane. I certainly intend to go back soon

• Liked — Hotel was quiet for an area that is known for being noisy
  • Disliked — Climate control wasnt the greatest
  • Stayed July 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Borojasen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (485)
houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2006

Was apprehensive about staying in the French Quarter with the sounds of a party echoing from Bourbon Street. But found this small hotel, only 1/2 block off of Bourbon, to be a quiet jewel. With a good hotels amenities and a friendly and helpful staff, I found myself able to complete my buisness and enjoy some of the nightlife made famous by Bourbon Street. I highly recommend the Hotel Saint Marie for buisness or pleasure.

• Liked — peacefull sleep
  • Stayed May 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank rcajimbeam
Auburn, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2006

We stayed at the hotel for a long birthday weekend - what a great place- we arrived at the hotel at 9:30 a.m. and they were so kind they let us check in at that time. The desk personel are wonderful, helpful and so nice. We walked everyplace, it is a great location, close to Bourbon St. but just far enough that you don't hear music all night. We highly reconnemnd the Hotel St. Marie.

Stayed July 2006
1 Thank Longsrx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2006

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel St. Marie for a week end and had a great stay. The staff treated us as if we were the only people int he hotel. The maid who made up our room noticed that I use extra towels and replaced them without me having to ask for more again. The parking guy was pleasant and gave us good directions. Everyone went out of their way to make us feel welcome. The ladies at the desk were always willing to give directions and helped us find great places to eat and helped me find the perfect gifts to bring home.

The hotel was CLEAN. The patio is SO NEW ORLEANS, with a small pool and fountian. We had a room with a balcony that looked out over the roofs of the French Quarter, how romatic can you get! This location can not be beat. Just a little ways off of Burbon Street. We had a wonderful week end of dining and music all within walking distance of our room. We have been to New Orleans before but never stayed in the French Quarter before. We loved it!! We will never stay outside of the French Quarter again.

Our room was pretty standard, could use a larger TV but no one watches television in New Orleans anyway. I would have like to have had room safe, which I have become accustomed to in my travels, but there were little safes available at the desk. That is all that I can say I would change. Otherwise, everything was perfect.

If you go to New Orleans, stay at the St. Marie, you will not be disapointed. This is an exceptional hotel with an exceptional staff.

• Stayed July 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2006

Girlfriend Get Away - We stayed at Hotel St. Marie June 3 - June 8. The hotel was just fabulous. Our check in was fast & the front desk agent was friendly & offered suggestions where we could find a late dinner. Most of the staff seemed to be working overtime but they always offered a smile and a friendly hello. The bartender in the lounge remembered our names & gave excellent suggestions on where the "mature" crowd could find good music and entertainment without having to deal with the heavily intoxicated street crowd. When we missed our train and had to come back to the hotel for another day and night they got us into a room immediately. We enjoyed a late dinner at the restaurant that was the best we experienced in NOLA (try the shrimp & crab chowder ooo la la!) The hotel is in an excellent location -- out of the main traffic but close enough to everything so that you can experience NOLA at its best. The bathrooms are spacious and very clean and the housekeeping service is excellent.
There is so much more I could say about this fabulous hotel but suffice to say that we will be returning there in a couple of weeks for more fun & frolick.

• Stayed June 2006
5 Thank Stella A
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2006

Stayed at the Hotel St. Marie for 5 nights June 22-27. I was completely satisfied with the experience. Hotel property and room was in very good shape. This is a small hotel, but well run. Had a Superior Room with balcony overlooking courtyard. Even though hotel is only up street from Bourbon Street - could not hear the nightlife at all, so sleep was undisturbed.

Hotel staff was exceptional - friendly, professional, and doing a great job.

Also think the hotels telecommunications package was just great - $4.95/day for phone and internet (wired lan). Price was perfect (I think $10.00 that many chain hotels charge is just too much).

So, I highly recommend this hotel for your New Orleans stay!

• Stayed June 2006, travelled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2006

I just spent a week at the Hotel St Marie in New Orleans. The room was very comfortable and quiet. The hotel staff was wonderful, treating us more like friends and family than mere guests. The restaurant, HIllary's, on the first floor was the best dinner we had all week. The food was delicious and the service outstanding. The bistro was also great for breakfast. We tried every breakfast on the menu and found them all first rate. The hotel is located on Toulouse St between Bourbon and Dauphine, making it perfect for enjoying the French Quarter. We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go with ease. I would most definitely recommend this hotel and restaurant!!!!!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member