“Hotel St. Marie Does it Again”
Review of Hotel St. Marie

Hotel St. Marie
Ranked #61 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 3 February 2007

THE HOTEL ST. MARIE, is a perfect place to stay when visiting the FRENCH QUARTER, in LOUISIANA. Absolutely hospitable, the staff was attentive, and welcoming. Though our reservations were for a large group, each party felt they were personally attended to with the greatest of consideration. From the point of making of reservations, throughout our stay, and in follow up afterwards, we were given the best of care. The rooms were inviting, clean, well maintained and most affordable. The desk clerks were delightful; friendly. The bell hops were personable, friendly, and willing to help without making us feel that our dollar was more important than our comfort. The city, still in the throws of post Katrina reality, was definitely regrouping/ rebuilding, but the people everywhere were thankful, kind, and thrilled to see visitors returning to the city again. I highly encourage America to go, invest your tourist dollar in rebuilding a fabulous town, and stay with the Valentinos at Hotel St. Marie, or any of the other Valentino properties. Respectfully, Karyn Weste r/ Petaluma, CA

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank TheRevPetalumaCA
Write a ReviewReviews (1,946)

Reviewed 30 January 2007

I had a wonderful stay at the Hotel St. Marie! it is right in the heart of the French Quarter, which made for an easy walk to everything I was interested in. It is a block off Bourbon Street, so the late night revelers did not keep me awake. It is a historic hotel with a lot of charm, and it also has a lot of modern amenities. While it does not have a business center, it DOES have an optional $4.95 charge per day that covers all your local & long distant calling, as well as internet usage. The attached restaurant serves delicious food. The staff was friendly, personable, professional, and knowlegeable, even at 2:00 in the morning. I am a professional meeting planner and I would recommend the St. Marie to anyone.

1  Thank tmyawtb
Reviewed 26 January 2007

Hotel St. Marie was the perfect place to stay during our trip to New Orleans. It's one block off of Bourbon St. where all the hottest bars and nightlife are located. The hotel has a quaint atmosphere and the staff is amazing. I lost my luggage on the flight down and the front desk called me at 2:00 am to tell me it had arrived and then delivered it to my room!! Without them I would have been pantyless the entire rest of the trip!!! They also were great help with getting taxi's (to the Sugar Bowl-5 min taxi ride), recommending restaurants, and other places to see and tour. I wouldn't recommend any other place to stay then Hotel St Marie when you plan a trip to New Orleans!!!

1  Thank Jamers513
Reviewed 25 January 2007

We love this little hotel. We had a balcony room overlooking the street and it was a little noisy but not so bad. Our only negative comment is the room needed better housekeeping. Great location. Great staff.

1  Thank ARTravelers
Reviewed 23 January 2007

Stayed January 12-14 for a music festival in the Quarter. Our room was booked as a balcony facing the street, but we got one facing the courtyard instead. That was fine with me due to noise. We had no noise at all, while our friends, who had a room facing the street at ground level could hear every noise from outside. And it was a LOT of noise. Kept them up all night.
The rooms were very large and nice. No problems with water pressure or hot water. Bell and valet were great. Front desk was friendly and very helpful with directions.
We ate at Hillerys on Friday at 6:00 PM. I should have known something was wrong when the place was deserted on a Friday night. The food was way way overpriced, and while tasted OK, there was no food on the plate! I mean hardly anything. I ordered the venison meatloaf and it was the size of a cell phone, with a teaspoon size portion of mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes. Then there was 3 green beans as "vegetable medley" All 4 meals were the same size portions, meaning SMALL. I left and went for a burger because I was still hungry.
I wanted to try their breakfast, based on reports here, but was afraid to. Instead went to the Coffee Pot a few blocks away and it was fantastic at only slightly higher than normal prices.

Oh yes, the beds at St. Marie were comfortable. I would have no problem staying there again.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank WMiller86
Reviewed 16 January 2007

We recently stayed a long weekend at the Hotel St. Marie and loved every minute of it! The staff was terrific, helpful and friendly. Breakfast at the hotel was wonderful and the lounge staff was great.

Our room's balcony faced the beautifully landscaped court yard and with the property being located 1/2 block from Bourbon Street, it was very quiet. The hotel was EASILY within walking distance to any place in the French Quarters you would wish to visit as well as the Riverwalk and downtown. Our group of 13 loved our stay so much that we have already agreed our next annual get-together will be held here again.

Can't wait till next year!!!!

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled with friends
1  Thank Helen272756
Reviewed 11 January 2007

i have stayed at this hotel 3 times in the past 2 years. i met john zaleski when he was a bar tender prior to katrina. i was happy to reutrn on 12/26 to see that he was there and thankfully, alive. he was front desk clerk and gave the same personable service that he had given as a bar tender. i was there 3 days and he always called me by name when i walked through the lobby. the entire staff was friendly. i also have to say that the current bar tender greg pierre was extemely friendly and personable. he was always interested in what i had been doing during the day and what i had bought and where i had been. i am one of those people who will continually go to establishments based on the employees and how i am treated. this is true here in nashville as well as when i go out of town. for years i went to a competitor hotel close to this location for the same reason until it changed hands and i had a safety issue at the pool where neither the staff on duty or corporate managment appeared concerned. it cost them my business and i am sure; other business. i will continue to stay at the hotel st. marie. i could relate other postive experiences but i am sure anyone reading this is tired of listening to me.

• Stayed: December 2006, travelled solo