“Stay Away - Vomit, Pee, Cig Smell”
Review of Hotel St. Marie

Hotel St. Marie
Ranked #61 of 164 Hotels in New Orleans
San Diego, California
“Stay Away - Vomit, Pee, Cig Smell”
Reviewed 2 December 2010

The sofa was water stained. There was an empty crushed-up cig pack next to the TV when we checked into a NON-SMOKING room. (Yes, it did smell of cig smoke.) Near the micro and fridge smelled of pee. The bed cover was old and stained. Need I say more?

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (494)
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 1 December 2010

Stayed Halloween weekend. Very expensive 300+ a night but had a great time. Room was clean bathroom very clean. We had a nice balcony. Staff was very helpful, we will stay there again.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 27 November 2010

The staff was disengaged and borderline rude. The ammeneties were overstated and pathetic. I was terribly disappointed in the whole experience.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank raydavis2525
Merced, California
Reviewed 24 November 2010

My husband and I chose the Hotel St. Marie, because of its location. We were not disappointed. We were there November 13 - 19. We had a balcony room on the 2nd floor. Room was small but overall nice. Check in was smooth uncomplicated. Thanks to Peter at the front desk for all his suggestions including the tour.

My only "complaint/annoyance" is that we left our room one morning for a day out, upon returning, the drapes had been changed, there was left over hardware (nails/brackets) as well as sheetwall debris on the floor. My husband picked up the hardware but the sheetwall debris was never vacuumed up (and was there 3 days later when we left). I was surprised the maid never vacuumed it up (and by the way I did tip each day; maybe I shouldn't have). I feel very strongly that management should have told us that work was going to be done in our room in advance. In fact, one morning I saw a vacuum in the hallway and I told my husband I should grab it and run it in our room!!!

Overall, loved the location and the hotel front desk staff and room, was nice to be able to sit on the balcony and relax.... even though the vaccum needs to be used a bit more.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 22 November 2010

Stayed here 15 years ago and was great..this time most staff appeared not interested in clients but their own employment concerns and thats all they talked about & visited you with a knock on the door each morning to see if anything was needed, of course you say no in the early morning (and you are expecting the room to be serviced when you are out) BUT when you return later in the day, NOTHING has been done in your room not even beds made, towels aren't changed...wouldn't mind I guess if you had prior warning but there was nothing like that. The dining room was closed and looked like it wasn't even being used , same with the bar. The hotel appears to be struggling with housekeeping etc etc and the staff don't seem to care if you hear their complaints as they discuss it loudly and openly and ignore its patrons - the one bright point was the young lady on the desk in the pm hours who was extremely helpful and cheerful and was a pleasure to converse with - unfortunately it wasn't the great hotel we stayed in years ago with all that vibe etc and the only thing going for it is its closeness to Bourbon Street, after all you don't expect to have to make your own beds and clean your bathroom or the hotels hallway when you are on a holiday and the free continental breakfast was not fresh - only had it one day - it really is a shame as what we came away with was that the hotel is struggling

1 Thank Ozziechick45
Ogden Utah
Reviewed 21 November 2010

Ok bottom line on this place. The bad: The room (mine) was small and a bit noisy from the hallway like the door was too thin or something. The good: Staff was very friendly and helpful, the location could not be better, the room was clean, the price was great, and the breakfast was very welcome in a pricey city. Overall I would completely recommend this hotel. BTW the pool was there, little small in a tight courtyard, no one seemed to use it, but I suppose you could if you wanted to. (Oh...and there was only a shutter type non-lockable door on our bathroom. Didnt know what to make of that lack of privacy)

Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 17 November 2010

I loved this hotel. It was a delightful surprise and more than I ever could have imagined. We had our own balcony, the room was clean and nicely decorated and only a few blocks off of Bourbon St. The courtyard rooms looked nice as well and would be a bit quieter, but overall the folks that work at this hotel and the amenities, the whole experience, was top notch. The hotel is in walking distance of just about everything. I turned 50 with the luff of my life in grand style at this lovely hotel in the French Quarter. I would definitely return. Enjoy!