“Very nice!”

Ranked #100 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
Alamosa, Colorado
“Very nice!”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed 4 nights for our 25th Anniversary. The king suite was huge and very very nice. Everything was in perfect working order and extremely clean. The bed was quite comfortable with excellent bedding. I really have to stretch to complain at all. The only things that kept it from being perfect were the huge windows were dirty on the outside and the TV system was slow and annoying. If you want to spend a little more and get a lot, stay here the next time you are in town.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
GeofTaylor, Manager at Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
David G,
Thank you so much for your review! I am so glad you chose to spend your 25th anniversary with us. I did pass on your note about the outside windows to our owners and it is being address before the end of the year. We do appreciate your business so much and hope you come back to see us again soon!
Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Starkville, Mississippi
Reviewed 23 October 2013

My family and I stayed here in October and really loved the hotel! It had comfortable beds, plenty of space, a yummy restaurant (cheesecake!) on the compound, and a streetcar stop right out front to get you anywhere in NOLA you need to go! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank McMomOf4
GeofTaylor, Manager at Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
McMomOf4,
Thank you so much for your review! I am so pleased we were able to deliver a great experience for you. The streetcar is a valuable transportation option and we are SO lucky to have it stop directly in front of us. To make it more convenient on your next stay, we now have streetcar passes available for purchase at our front desk. I do hope to see you again the next time you are in town.
Assistan General Manager
Santa Paula, CA
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Stayed 5 days recently, WiFi improved! Hotel was perfect to remain in, or to have people to visit. Snoozed in front on the sofas gazing at the streetcars; in the rooms, here is in room coffee that is tasty, a bathroom removed from other areas, with separate doors (sturdy). Connecting family room for Dad was nice.We had visitors all week with no problems.
I'd improve the bathroom fan exhaust, the communication between the maids and guests so one could time the room cleaning better, and I'd improve the parking explanations. It is really inexpensive to remove the car for the day (on the web site it is suggesting a cost of $17.00 to park each time) No need to drive a lot: here you are close by all attractions via streetcar. Restaurants on St. Charles are primo! Breakfast is included with egg, cheese, sausage patties and breads, french toast sticks. Fruit, yogurt, cereal and juice, coffee rounded it out. Always welcome additions when one does not wish to spend a lot until the restaurants!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank bugnurse56
GeofTaylor, Manager at Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 30 September 2013
Bugnurse56,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am glad you had a great stay! We use your feedback to improve our hotel and you have offered some great suggestions and compliments.
Thank you again for sharing your thoughts with us.
Texas
Reviewed 23 September 2013

After reading the reviews (and, more impressive, the responses from the manager), I decided to give this hotel a try for our 5 night stay in New Orleans. I cannot SAY enough good about the experience.

Our room was clean and comfortable. The hotel was quiet. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The area was quiet and safe. Valet parking attendants were friendly and my automobile was parked within sight of them at all times. I was able to access my car whenever it was necessary without all the hassle of having it brought out by the valet. I could just tell them I was accessing my car and walk to it. Very convenient.

The streetcar stops in the medium in front of the hotel. It took about 10 minutes to ride to/from the French Quarter on the Garden District line.

Conveniently located a short walk down the street is a Walgreens. And, if you choose to forego the free breakfast at the hotel in favor of a delicious home-cooked breakfast, the Trolley Car Restaurant across the street was spotless and delicious, with great coffee.

Adjoining the hotel is a Cheesecake restaurant that I can't say enough good about. Delicious food and ENORMOUS portions.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Linda H
Linda H,
Thank you so much for your review. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always great to hear when our staff did well.
It is great to hear you enjoyed our parking services. The valet staff here is exceptional and I will pass your review onto them.
I do hope you will come back to visit the next time you are in New Orleans.
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Considered staying a block away at the INDIGO; which is VERY nice; but we were only needing a one night stay and decided to save a little by staying at the Grandboutique clarion. We were very happy with the place! Exceeded our expectations and saved us 50$. Would recommend to anyone

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank NOLA-pcola
GeofTaylor, Manager at Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
NOLA-pcola,
Thank you so much for your review! It is so nice to hear when we do a good job! I am glad you enjoyed our rooms and you felt we were a good value! I hope the next time your in town we can exceed your expectations again.
Clarion Grand boutique Hotel
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Very accessible to the street cars. Away from the busy downtown, but near to the beautiful garden area. Decent breakfast consists of eggs, sausage, French toast, cereal, baked goods, milk and juice. Nicely decorated. Some may have to pay for parking ($17/ day). One block away from the Walgreens. Wifi is spotty at best. Overall I give it a B+

• Stayed August 2013
GeofTaylor, Manager at Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Dmoney305,
Thank you so much for your review. I am so pleased that you had a great stay. I do want to apologize for the wireless internet service and let you know we are adding 2 more connection points as I write this to make sure every room has the strongest signal possible. I do hope you will come back and see us soon.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

Great location. Right across from St. Charles streetcar. Breakfast is pretty good. Yogurt, pasteries, muffins, english muffins, orange juice, apple juice, coffee, milk, tea, cereal, eggs, sausage, and french toast. Room was clean. Staff was friendly. Cheesecake restaurant right downstairs. Walgreens less than a block away. Valet parking from 11am to 11pm. I recommend this hotel. I will be coming back.

• Stayed August 2013
GeofTaylor, Manager at Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Jennifer H,
Thank you so much for your review! I am pleased you enjoyed your stay.
It is always nice to hear when we can make a guest feel welcome and at home.
I do hope we will see you soon.