Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$184
  • Pool
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$400
US$245
US$169
  • Fitness centre
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$176
  • Pool
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$249
US$208
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
New Orleans Marriott(New Orleans)
US$271
US$263
  • Restaurant
French Market Inn(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$242
US$237
Hotels.com
US$336
US$290
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewscheesecake bistrogarden districttrolley stop cafetrolley linevalet parkinggreat locationfrench quarteron st charles averestaurant downstairssmall hotelcontinental breakfastcoffee makercharles trolleywould stay here againfridge and microwavebreakfast areaaudubon park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Hotel exceeded my expectations, I thought by it being a smaller property it would be ole fashioned and run down. The guy at the front desk (vantrell) was very helpful, he recommended freat places for me and my family to eat each day of our stay, he had no problem with my families many demanding needs for things like towels, soap, shampoo, etc. He greeted us everytime we departed or returned to the property also assuring the we had a good time on our adventures through out the city. Over-all great personality and a beautiful smile best customer service ive recieved in a long time. However the girl maria at the desk didnt deliver the same services she seemed to always have some sort of attitude as if anything we asked was a problem and her phone conversation seemed to be more of a priority than the guest, it seemed as if every need i had bothered her she could def use an attitude adjustment or choose another profession. Overall stay was nice, great area, trolley line runs in front of the hotel, liquor store right next door, great continital breakfast, if youre not big on the hotels selection there a great place bext door called the trolley stop whick has great food and the copelands connected to the hotel has amazing bruch on sundays. Good stay at a resonable proce

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Karen B
GeofTaylor, Manager at Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Karen B,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. I am so pleased to hear that overall your stay was a good one.
I am glad Vantrell went the extra mile to make sure you felt at home at our property. I will make sure and pass this review on to him and our management. On the flipside I am so sorry Marcia did not make you feel welcome. I would like you to know this is highly unusual and will be speaking to her about this ASAP. We try our best to give our guests "5 star" service and your comments will help us do that in the future.
Again thank you so much for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
SIncerely,

Reviewed 22 May 2014

We stayed at the Clarion for two nights before sailing out on a cruise--so friendly and helpful there--ask to talk to Michelle (pronounced Me Shell) and he will help hook you up with the best tours in town,we went on a swamp tour and saw alligators up close-exciting! Then on our return to New Orleans, Michelle at the Clarion (even though we weren't spending the night) watched our suitcases while we ate and scheduled our cab to the airport! Loved Michelle--and the Clarion!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Merrill S

Thank you so much for your review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed in this hotel during New Orleans Jazz Festival. The rooms were quiet and comfortable. They were designed nicely and had good amount of space. The problem I had was with the cleaning ladies who did not show up to clean 2 times and when they did their cleaning was average leaving empty bottles and wrappers on the table. When I addressed this with the front desk, they were very apologetic and addressed it immediately. The front desk staff are excellent, very accommodating, and kind.
Also, the trolley was not working when we were there because they were doing construction. This is not the fault of the hotel, but it would have been nice to have a working trolley.
I would also recommend to explore Garden district as it is a very nice place with some nice restaurants. Trolley cafe close to hotel is pretty good to eat at.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Priscilla2284
GeofTaylor, Manager at Clarion Grand Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Priscilla2284,
I am glad you enjoyed your time with us during The New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival. It is such an exciting time to be in the city.
I am so sorry there was a housekeeping issue during your stay, but pleased to hear my front desk staff took ownership of this and had it corrected. I will pass along your kind words to them.
Unfortunately the St. Charles Avenue Streetcar is under construction at this time. The city has provided a bus to take you four blocks to the current streetcar pickup location. This is a temporary situation and will hopefully this construction will be completed soon.
Again thank you for your kind words and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Excellent place to stay. Absolutely clean and comfortable. Staff is very efficient and accommodating. Close enough to all areas by bus and trolly. Typical breakfast for a hotel.
It pays to be a Choice hotel member because you can depend on them for consistency.
I would certainly recommend this hotel if you are looking to stay in the New Orleans area.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a clean quiet room, ask for 42.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leber G

Leber G,
We so appreciate your kind words. It is always great to hear when we successfully completed the goal of making each guests' experience a fantastic one.
You are correct it DOES pay to be a Choice Hotel member. You get later checkouts, you get free local calls, you get upgrades when available and you get points per dollar you spend. It is definitely a value you can't beat!
I am so glad you would recommend us and we hope to see you the next time you are in our city!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Recently stayed at the Clarion Grand Boutique in New Orleans. It was right on St. Charles Ave., in the Garden district and close to resturants, bars and the street car. The hotel was good for the money and convenience. It is not a 4 star, but with the high costs of hotels in NOLA, it was a good place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dmonaco62

Dmonaco62,
Thank you do much for your review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay.We strive to be the best value for your dollar in the city and glad you felt you achieved that with us. I do hope you will come back soon and see us.