“If you want great customer service, look no further!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of St. James Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member

St. James Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Ranked #43 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
“If you want great customer service, look no further!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

Well New Orleans is an amazing place to be, and it really helps when your hotel is stay is great as well. The customer service made me feel special and like the staff actually cared about the guests. I give a big thank you to Amy and Danielle, those ladies are are awesome. This was definitely a great hotel choice.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jennifer D, General Manager at St. James Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this review, 14 July 2013
We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay! Amy and Danielle loved hearing they were able to enhance your stay in our great city! Customer Service is of the utmost importance here at the St. James and we are glad to know that was conveyed during your stay.

We can't wait for your next visit to New Orleans!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (173)
  • Turkish first
Metairie, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

Stayed at the St James during the Essence Weekend. I found the hotel to be centrally located and convenient. When I arrived I was greeted warmly at the front desk manned by Ms Amy Ross. She was professional and knowledgeable yet friendly and warm. I was impressed by Ms Ross. She was a wonderful precursor for the rest of the staff and the hotel. All in all,I had a wonderful experience and have recommended it to a friend that is flying in to New Orleans soon. I too will return to this hotel on my next visit to New Orleans.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the recommendation! Amy was ecstatic to hear of the impression that she gave you! We make every effort to provide that perfect mixture of professionalism and warmth you received. It's always fantastic to hear we affected a guest's trip positively!

Thank you again from everyone here at the St. James!
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

WOW!! Enter a Hotel with Pleasant Staff such Amy Danyielle & Tori. These guys made me feel like i was back home. I booked St.James for the Essence Festival. I must say It was a Great Choice. I will be Booking there again. Thanks to the hospitality from Amy, Danyielle and Tori along with Tyrone & Keith. I Laughed with them every time I came out my room. Thank You guys for being a warm welcoming staff at St.James. :-}

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the exceptional review!! On behalf of my entire staff, we loved having you here and enjoy when we can treat a guest like one of the family. Thanks again and we look forward to hosting you again next year!

Kind Regards
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

My girls and I booked this Hotel for Essence Festival weekend and as soon as we pulled up and walked in we were greeted with the most warm welcome by Amy (who is freakin awesome btw). This hotel has the perfect price, is in the most perfect location and has the the friendliest staff. Beautiful hotel and our room was wonderful. Whenever I visit the Big Easy I will be sure to book here and only here.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay at the St. James! Essence Festival is one of our favorite weekends and we strive to be your home away from home while you're traveling. Amy is one of our greatest commodities and was very pleased to read your review. We can't wait until next year!

Warm Regards
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

Throughly enjoyed my stay at the St. James. I had booked a Queen room and was upgraded to a King at check-in, which was nice. I got a good deal on the room at Expedia, and hotel exceeded my expectations. It's a small, boutique hotel, so there are not a lot of amenties like a bar or restaurant in the hotel, but there is a great breakfast place (The Ruby Slipper) nearby and it is close to both the French Quarter and Warehouse District which made it the perfect jumping off point for us to explore New Orleans. Amy and Danielle at the front desk were wonderful -- giving us lots of great suggestions on places to go and, especially, places eat and drink! All of the staff was friendly, the room was clean, and the bed was comfy. Oh, and I enjoyed the cucumber water in the lobby!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I am elated to read your review! It is our goal to exceed every guest's expectations and we take pleasure in doing so. Your positive comments make performing our services that much more enjoyable! We look forward to ensuring continued satisfaction on your next visit to New Orleans!

Kind regards
Winston Salem, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

Came to NOLA to celebrate my 30th birthday - and stayed at the St. James. Price was exceptional, rooms nicely appointed (enjoyed the iPhone alarm clock) and the staff was extremely knowledgeable and nice. They provided great recommendations on things to do, where to eat, etc. location was great...out of the quarter and way from the noise, but close enough to walk to everything or catch the streetcar. Only "downside" our room on the third floor was TINY - but we were prepared for that, knowing the property to be historic. I understand there are larger rooms available.

We enjoyed!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are thrilled you found our hotel to be a "Gem"! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

Warm Regards
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

My girlfriends and I stayed at this hotel for a recent music festival (Essence). The location and customer service was great. Danielle, Amy, and several other employees worked hard to keep us satisfied. However, the rooms and overall condition of the hotel leaves too much to be desired. We will not be returning. But if location and smiling, friendly faces is your only requirement, this might be the place for you.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank j_small12
Thank you for taking the time to write a review our your recent stay!