St. James Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
US$290
US$279
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$197
  • Pool
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$208
US$197
  • Breakfast included
US$284
US$259
US$432
US$400
  • Restaurant
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$249
US$208
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
New Orleans Marriott(New Orleans)
US$271
US$263
  • Restaurant
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
US$346
  • Pool
The Whitney Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$288
US$263
  • Breakfast included
US$390
US$348
1,249 results
All reviewsfront deskchop housefrench quarterevery morningruby slipperwwii museumvalet parkingsmall hotelboutique hotelfew blockswater pressurelocation is greatking bedhigh ceilingsmardi grasconvention centerariel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I had booked a bachelor party to New Orleans, it was a great time and good place to go for this kind of event. This hotel may not have been the best choice for this type of venue, due to its boutique type atmosphere. However, it was nice and clean. It was also reasonably priced. What I liked the most about it was that it was off the beaten path a little bit, keeping it in a more peaceful and safe area.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Domvi
Reviewed 16 September 2013

My wife, daughter and myself stayed the weekend at the St James and can only say we will be back. From the moment we arrived we were greeted with smiles from Danielle and James. They are exceptional ambassadors for the St.James. The room we had,122, has a semi private courtyard with a fountain and high walls surrounding it. Nice and private for the location is surrounded by busy NoLA activity. The location makes for very efficient outings being a few blocks from Canal St. and many of the best restaurants in town. The beds were extra comfy,shower easy to use,towels,sheets etc are top notch. They will bring you continental breakfast to your room as it is not served in the lobby but offered as room service only. The general neighborhood felt safe for New Orleans and was far enough from Bourbon to not hear the crowds all night but close enough to anything you would want to do.

Great staff,location,amenities and a great value. An extra kudos to Danielle and James for helping us feel so welcome.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Geoff1725
Reviewed 16 September 2013

The St. James was perfect for my wife and I. We were just passing through New Orleans on our way back to Houston and we decided to stay at the St. James for a couple nights, and we made the best decision to do so. Upon arriving, the valet was there ready to park our car and Danielle at the desk had the most welcoming attitude and southern hospitality that we've both heard about. She complimentary upgraded us to a suite and gave us all the info about the hotel and the city that we needed. She was outstanding! Not to mention, our room was gorgeous! The bed was so comfortable, and the breakfast was just what we needed to kick start our morning. We were in a perfect location and were able to walk everywhere. We loved the St. James and we will definitely be back!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank cannon39
Reviewed 12 September 2013

My husband and I had stayed two nights at this hotel, we too had never been to New Orleans before, and was greatly impressed with the hotel cleanliness and staff. The hotel was with in walking distance to everything that we wanted to see and do. Did I mention the wonderful staff???? When we arrived in the early evening we were greeted by Tori, such a wonderful attitude and more than willing to help in any way possible. Tori gave us the name of a great restaurant, that was "New Orleans Style" he also gave us detailed directions with a map. We were helped upstairs by James, he was very careful with our belongings and friendly. When we went back through the lobby, to walk to our destination to eat, Tori made sure we had our map and no questions about how to get to the restaurant. When we returned a couple hours later Tori again welcomed us back and inquired how our food was. He had such a great attitude. The next morning we were greeted by Amy, what a ray of sunshine! She too inquired about if we had any questions about how to get to our destination of travel, she was extremely helpful and so pleasant to deal with. After several hours of "sight seeing" we returned to the lobby to again be greeted by the amazing Amy, who inquired to make sure that we were happy with our stay thus far. In the evening we were again greeted by Tori, who too was interested in how our stay was thus far.

Tori and Amy are such an amazing asset to this establishment and city, we will definitely stay here EVERY time we come to New Orleans, they made our stay so much more enjoyable and hassle free.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bridget B
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I went to NOLA with 2 friends during Labor Day weekend. The hotel lobby is spotless & cozy. I liked the self serve ice water near the front desk. It was so hot & humid outside. I was happy to see the "business center" was in the lobby too. I was able to print some coupons for BOGO free drinks, appetizers & desserts for places on Bourbon street. I did not like the location of the computer & desk. It was next to the door where guests' luggage was stored. I was at the computer for about 10 minutes. I had to get up and move out of the area 3 times. Not good. The "business center" should be in another area of the lobby that does not block any doors or passage ways.

Another bummer was the pool. My friends & I packed our bathing suits. We planned on using the pool everyday. THE POOL WAS DRAINED & THE AREA WAS CLOSED. I wish we would have been told when we made the reservation that the pool was OUT OF ORDER.

Our room had a fridge that was broken. We needed the fridge to store our drinks and left over food. We called the front desk to get it repaired or changed. James came to our rescue! He came back with a surge protector with extra plugs for us to use to charge our electronics. The fridge was fixed....it was extra cold! James was super friendly, & quickly fixed our fridge. He also recommended a place for us to eat "local food." James was great! He is an asset to the hotel.

The beds were big & comfy. Lots of towels in the bathroom was good. The daily breakfast consisted of freshly baked croissants, butter, jam, coffee, tea, O.J. delivered to your room at the time you requested.

All in all this hotel is clean, affordable & has a friendly staff. It is a few blocks from Canal street. Pretty quiet street.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends