“Wonderful location, rooms, AND staff!”

St. James Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Ranked #46 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 21 September 2013

My girlfriends and I planned a weekend trip to New Orleans months in advance. We called the hotel directly and booked with Danielle who was so sweet and upgraded us to a suite when she heard I was celebrating my birthday! When we checked in, there was Danielle again to make our experience fantastic right away! She gave us a map of the city and marked the best restaurants, bars, and places to see! She made sure we were taken care of in every way possible. Amy was so kind and funny! Every time we walked into the hotel she always asked where we were coming from and if we had a good time. These two are definitely major assets to the St. James! The hotel itself has an awesome location. We parked our car in Valet (and honestly never used it until we checked out). The croissants in the morning were a perfect start to our day! We will definitely be telling everyone about this hotel and will be coming back!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank swimmer2643
There are newer reviews for St. James Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Your Hotel is Elegant! I would like to thank Ashley, and Amy for their fantastic personalities and service. We throughly enjoyed our stay at your Hotel, and if we ever decide to visit New Orleans again, we will definately stay with you folks.

Thank you for your kind service and caring attitudes.

David and Anita Swartz
Alexanderia, LA.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 September 2013

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at the St. James for two nights. The hotel room was clean and cozy. Extremely comfortable bed. The staff could not do enough to make our stay more perfect. It was our first visit to New Orleans and they helped make it wonderful. Amy, Toshiba, James, Tori, Ashley, and Danielle were so helpful with directions and suggestions. Amy told us exactly where to get on and off the street car so that we would have a seat. When we would come into the lobby we were greeted by name and asked how we were doing, where we had been, like we were family. James is the nicest bell hop, he suggested we go to Mother's restaurant our first night, it was so good. We will be back to stay at the St. James again and see all of our friends there. By the way it is also a great location to everything.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CarolJG350
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I really enjoyed, your facility there in the awesome city of New Orleans... Who dat Nation!! we stayed there for the Saints /Atlanta game , and had a blast ... Your staff is so wonderful... shout out to Amy, of course!!! When ever we come back to New Orleans, we will definetly stay there.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I booked two rooms at this hotel for my family's vacation. I couldn't be there at check in so I called ahead and asked them to charge my credit card for $5 and leave it in one of the rooms for my Aunt to see. I explained the story behind the $5 and the manager was more than happy to do this for me. It really is the little things that a hotel does, which makes your stay a memory and not just a stay. The staff at this hotel was very friendly during the entire stay. They answered questions, helped make reservations for us, printed out maps and gave wonderful recommendations. I will stay at this hotel anytime I am in New Orleans.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Brandy J
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Exactly the place you want to stay if you want to experience New Orleans and the French Quarter...a very easy walk to the French Quarter , Casino, Drago's Restaurant ( OMG..the chargrilled oysters !)and the Riverboats...LET THEM PARK YOUR CAR...YOU WONT NEED IT UNTIL YOU LEAVE ...much better to walk around anyway...All the staff is great...everyone helpful....rooms clean...but the building is probably over 150 years old...there will probably be a couple annoyances...but I would stay there again in an instant.....rates we found were very reasonable...there is a pool ????.....

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank acj0723
Reviewed 17 September 2013

The hotel was very nice for the price. The rooms are a bit small but still nice. I loved the courtyards! Very nice and inviting. The staff was awesome! The only downside was no one to help with luggage. Overall I would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013