“Excellent Value!”

Residence Inn New Orleans Downtown
Ranked #42 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I and three friends spent a week at this hotel. The suite was clean, spacious, and very comfortable. The included breakfast featured every breakfast item imaginable and was delicious. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. The area around the hotel was quiet, yet close to restaurants and all that New Orleans has to offer. The only downside was that we had to call for towels and wash clothes every day. Otherwise would highly recommend and would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 26 February 2014

This facility was created inside the shell of an old warehouse and done very well. Our room was huge with a large living area, two bedrooms and a shared bath. L-shape kitchen, dining area, computer desk and a large sectional made a very nice space. As most New Orleans living the building had a big center courtyard that is also very well done. The hotel is in the warehouse district several blocks away from the French Quarter but still close enough to walk. The only downside is the unsecure parking area outside across the street from the hotel.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

We came to New Orleans Comic Con and it was a perfect location to be in between the convention center and french quarter. Their breakfast was very good and the front desk staff was awesome at checkin and checkout. The only reason that I'm not giving a 5 star rating is the price but many hotels in the area and priced higher than you would expect.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Want to start out by thanking Hannah for her enthusiasm always and helpfulness, very pleasant and fun personality, Rhonda for her upbeat attitude and helpfulness, I stayed over allstar week-end and experienced a couple bumps but nothing major, came down with some friends and I had a Great time..Thank you....forgot to mention the young man who worked at breakfast time with Rhonda very helpful

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank chataun k
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Happily surprised by this place. I stayed here for 47 days and was very concerned about noise. I asked for a top level room in the courtyard but got a 2nd floor room by the pool (court side) room 286. Very good noise insulation in rooms. Great staff.

Room Tip: Court side.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Martyp2013
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We stayed for the weekend and this hotel was a good choice. It had the breakfast bar in the morning which was nice as well .... Our room was a 1 bedroom with the fridge stove microwave..... And very clean .... We were able to walk to many places. And I did notice that a lot of people stayed there before they we going on their cruises....which was only a few blocks away I would recommend this hotel ! We did drive and parked our car but we knew what the charge was going to be before we got there

1  Thank 0417
Reviewed 19 January 2014

My husband and I checked into the Residence Inn for a romantic weekend in New Orleans. When we got there, we found out that they charge $24.50 for parking, which is fine, but the parking lot was full so we had to park 3 blocks away in an unlit lot, which they refused to give us directions to. I'm assuming that we parked in the right lot...it was so darn dark that we had no idea if we parked in the correct lot. When we got there, the lot had a clearly marked sign that said $10 public lot. Had I known that, I would have just paid the $10 and hoped for the best. As it was, I was charged a $30 parking deposit (on top of the $90 deposit they charged us for incidentals). When I asked the manager, she said that they would not take the charges off because I used their parking. Now, I'm from Dallas, and I understand $20+ for parking. But, at least those hotels valet your car!! My advice, stay away. All you will find at this hotel is rude people and excessive charges for very little security.

• Stayed: January 2014