We had booked a handicap room, due to my husband being quite sick. I called a day before for early check in, no problem. Arrived at 215 and it took them till after 3 to get a handicap room. Went up and it did not have the Roman shower requested and confirmed by Marriott handicapped Manager. I stopped by the desk and informed the staff of my dissatisfaction and surprise at the Marriott errors. I had been a Platinum member for years. I was advised they would find a room for us. They did find one and helped us over. However the walk did my in from using his walker. I asked to. Or row a wheel chair, which they did not have. They called another hotel and got us one.
We went to Emerils for our dinner reservation via taxi and the dinner was wonderful. We were surprised by an appetizer ordered and paid for By the residence inn. That was not required. It appreciated. When we returned to the hotel we got the wheel chair out forms husband and it broke. Thank God he was not in it.
We walked to our room, quite a distance, using the suitcase cart. The hotel bought another wheel chair for our departure the next morning. They returned our points for our stay.
I believe management and the staff worked hArd to make up for their initial mistakes and that is
Better. The Marriott does not usually make that type of run of mistakes. I appreciated their strong effort to turn around our problems that occurred when we arrived. I would recommend the hotel for a stay due to the Manager's and Staff desire to make it right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Feel right at home in the popular Residence Inn New Orleans Downtown, perfect for leisure getaways or business excursions. Our extended-stay hotel in the warehouse and arts districts is exactly where you want to stay in New Orleans, offering easy access to a variety of attractions including the World War II Museum, Outlet Collection at Riverwalk, Smoothie King Center, Mercedes-Benz Superdome, Port of New Orleans and Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. Touro Infirmary and Children's Hospital of New Orleans also are close. After a busy day, retreat to our pet-friendly suites and cook up your favorite meal in a fully equipped kitchen, then enjoy high-tech amenities including free high-speed Wi-Fi and flat-screen TVs. We also offer a complimentary breakfast buffet, 24-hour fitness center, outdoor pool and Sport Court for a game of volleyball, tennis or basketball. Play hard and work hard in NOLA during your stay at Residence Inn New Orleans. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelsClick and HotelQuickly so you can book your Residence Inn New Orleans Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Inn New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- New Orleans Residence Inn