“Bad to true Marriott quality.”

Residence Inn New Orleans Downtown
Ranked #41 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We had booked a handicap room, due to my husband being quite sick. I called a day before for early check in, no problem. Arrived at 215 and it took them till after 3 to get a handicap room. Went up and it did not have the Roman shower requested and confirmed by Marriott handicapped Manager. I stopped by the desk and informed the staff of my dissatisfaction and surprise at the Marriott errors. I had been a Platinum member for years. I was advised they would find a room for us. They did find one and helped us over. However the walk did my in from using his walker. I asked to. Or row a wheel chair, which they did not have. They called another hotel and got us one.
We went to Emerils for our dinner reservation via taxi and the dinner was wonderful. We were surprised by an appetizer ordered and paid for By the residence inn. That was not required. It appreciated. When we returned to the hotel we got the wheel chair out forms husband and it broke. Thank God he was not in it.

We walked to our room, quite a distance, using the suitcase cart. The hotel bought another wheel chair for our departure the next morning. They returned our points for our stay.
I believe management and the staff worked hArd to make up for their initial mistakes and that is
Better. The Marriott does not usually make that type of run of mistakes. I appreciated their strong effort to turn around our problems that occurred when we arrived. I would recommend the hotel for a stay due to the Manager's and Staff desire to make it right.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank VTretiree

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights on our way back from Florida. It is close to the WWII museum in the warehouse district. We found great restaurants close. It is a bit of a walk to the French Quarter, but we took the trolley and there are street cars also. Good breakfast. The staff was helpful and friendly. Your car is parked in a lot that is lit but not attended. The room was clean and well kept.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DonahueA
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

I had a free night so my family stayed here. I would stay closer to Canal Street next time. Parking is a bit scary and I didn't feel like our car was safe nor did I feel safe walking with my family to the car. Staff was nice, but I wouldn't recommend. Not up to par with other Residence Inns I have stayed at.

• Stayed: June 2014
Spencer H, Manager at Residence Inn New Orleans Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Greetings from New Orleans KGR1980!

Thank you very much for taking the time to reference your stay while with us in New Orleans. I am glad to hear that the staff treated you well. However, we have heard you with regards to your comments regarding the parking. We use a third party vendor for our parking and have addressed these concerns with them. Our goal is to improve the total guest experience and safety is a number one priority. Should you decide to join us again in New Orleans please don't hesitate to reach out to any member of the leadership team to ensure an excellent visit to the Crescent City!

With gratitude,

Vanessa Jackson
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I stay at a lot of Marriott hotels but the Residence Inn just was an okay place to stay. The second day that we were there they did not make up our room. We called down to the reception area and we were told that someone would come up but they never came. I then called and asked for them to send up clean towels but they never came. I was a little disappointed but maybe it was just an "off day" for their staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank johnsononthego
Spencer H, Manager at Residence Inn New Orleans Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. We do apologize that your stay with us was not flawless and understand how this inconsistency would impact your stay. We use this valuable feedback in order to better serve our guests. Thank you again for staying with us and we wish you a wonderful day!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed at the Residence Inn in downtown New Orleans when I attended a reading conference in May 2014. The hotel is located in the Warehouse District, and is within walking distance of the Convention Center and several restaurants and bars, including Emeril's. The French Quarter is also within walking distance, about 7 blocks away, with lots of interesting buildings and businesses along the way.

The hotel features kitchenettes in the rooms, which is convenient for longer trips (I stayed 5 days). The maid service was great, too; I always had a clean room to come back to at the end of my day. One of the greatest benefits was the free continental breakfast served daily, featuring items like scrambled eggs, potatoes, coffee, juice, water, cereal, breads, and make-your-own waffle station. The employees are very gracious and courteous.

The front desk staff, including Hannah and Senae were very friendly and courteous, even when there were some problems with getting our rooms paid for by our school district. These ladies kept their cool and tried to explain everything to us, despite our escalating stress levels!

This property is quiet and clean, and the view from my room was one that I enjoyed. It looked out onto the street below (I was on the 3rd floor) and the building across the street from my room was lovely. For a business trip, this was a great location/facility.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Carin_LG
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My sister and I stayed at this property last month (May 18-24) and love the property. It has a good location, not to close from French Quarter (meaning far from the crowds and crazy people haha) but close enough to go walking, about 7 blocks from there. The property is nice, the common areas are not that modern but they comfortable tough. The rooms are fine, nice living and kitchen area, the bed comfortable and spacious enough if you are staying for a considerable number of days. The breakfast included in the room rate is great since most of the hotels in NOLA does not include it. They could change a bit the breakfast menu but still is quite good (fruit, eggs, juices, waffles, etc...). The neighborhood is nice, lots of galleries and nice restaurants in the surroundings and pretty close to the Riversidewalk Outlet which recently opened. Also close to the Convention Center, Canal Street and Harrah`s Casino. The front desk staff is really helpful unfortunately I can not say the same of Yolanda, the lady at the weekdays manager reception. She is not that friendly and always looks that she is not enjoying her work. But all in all is a good place to stay if you want a place close enough to the French Quarter but far from the craziness.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here last night to get away for an evening. Upon arriving, I was a little surprised to see a NOLA hotel with no valet parking. Still, it wasn't much of an issue--the parking lot was just across from the side entrance to the hotel.

The hotel is very interesting. We stayed in the more conventional building, but we walked through the building that connected to the courtyard and it looked pretty cool. The courtyard was good looking and included a singles tennis court, but it was too rainy to enjoy it.

The location of the hotel was excellent. It's just a few minutes from the Superdome, and there are scads of great restaurants within 10 minutes walking distance.

The room was like any other Residence Inn I've ever stayed in. Our room had a bedroom separate from the living room. The bathroom was just large enough. The bed wasn't as comfortable as I'm used to from hotels, but not by much.

The only complaint I would have is regarding the noise level from the street. I was awakened a few times by traffic, alarms, and a person yelling. I'm not putting this one on the hotel--that's about as well as you can do in this area.

Breakfast had a good variety of food and a large number of people partaking.

If I were staying in New Orleans again, I could see myself staying here again. I might look elsewhere. For the money, there are more interesting and better appointed locations in the city, but this one covers all the important bases. You won't regret staying here.

Room Tip: If you choose the 4th floor, you'll end up in the conventional building. We did, and I liked it.