“Great Location”

Ranked #78 of 164 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersGold level
“Great Location”
Reviewed 13 June 2011

Hilton Riverside was a great location for our Spring Break. Within walking distance of everything. French Quarter, Casino, Cafe Du Monde via streetcar. Street car system is fantastic. We took it to the Garden District and Commanders Palace for lunch. Great Visit!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,339)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Northern California
Reviewed 9 June 2011

Stayed here during a business conference at Morial Convention Center. Easy 1blk walk to convention center. Located along the Mississippi River and adjacent to Riverwalk which is a small mall of shops (which open late and close early). We stayed in Building "3" on the fifth floor. Nice clean and very quiet rooms. Didnt hear alot of other guests. Housekeeping was hit and miss. A few days superb and the next the bare mininum (no towels, no toiletries etc).
We walked to french quarter several times during the evening. Probably about 6 blocks or so. Would recommend eating at the crazy lobster on the riverwalk, cafe du monde for the beignets at jackson square and of course strolling the french quarter. We took a ghost tour..more of a history lesson than anyhting.

Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 9 June 2011

I haven't written a review in a while, but I just returned from New Orleans and had to share my experience. The location is fine. Very close to the French Quarter with a small mall connected and the trolley line is right there. We stayed in Executive rooms which included the continental breakfast and nightly appetizers which we did not participate in. The breakfast is fine fresh fruit, breads, hard boiled eggs, cereal, coffee, all good. But that appears to be the end of anything "executive" I thought I read that the internet inside the rooms was included, but I was wrong. I reserved a single king bed but received two doubles and after calling and asking for help I received no assistance in finding a single room to move to. The colleague I was traveling with was locked out of her room after two nights when we clearly had our rooms reserved for four nights. And probably the biggest gripe I have is that the walls seem to be made of paper. I heard people coming and going and doors slamming each and every night I was there, midnight, 3am, 5am, 6am, didn't matter. I have been to many hotels and I cannot remember having such terrible sleep ever. (I go to Vegas often, and you know how late people come and go there). For this reason I will not return.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 9 June 2011

We stayed at the Hilton Riverside for a Conference. The hotel is very large. We were located in the "renovated side". While the room was large, clean and nice it was very far from the rest of the hotel (restaurant, front desk, entrance).

The hotel was a typical Hilton, but what will stop me from returning in the gym.. health club. The gym is located in a different part of the hotel. Its about a 5-7 minute walk through the hotel conference level to the gym. It’s very far away. Once I got to the gym, I was told by the desk attendant the gym cost $12 a day to use (unless you are Hilton Preferred). That's ridiculous! The room cost over $200 a night (conf. rate) and then I have to pay to use the treadmill. I've stayed at the Ritz in New Orleans. The rate I got was lower and I didn't have to pay to use the gym.
I like to run on the treadmill in the mornings (too hot/humid outside). So I will not return to this hotel since I have to pay to workout.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank ereynihc
problemdoc, Manager at Hilton New Orleans Riverside, responded to this review, 14 June 2011
Our apologies for any miscommunication regarding our Health Club fees and services. As a full service Health Club our daily use fees are comparable with other HC facilities both locally and nationally. I am not sure if you used the Club while you were here however we do offer discounted multi day passes for our in house guests. If you did not use our Club, hopefully next time in New Orleans you can spend some time enjoying our 90,000 sq ft faciltiy and the full Cardio Theatre the Club offers. Additionally Health Club use is complimentary for our HHonors Diamond and Gold members.

Pennsylvania
Reviewed 8 June 2011

We stayed on Wednesday May 25 - Sunday May 29, 2011 for a family wedding The hotel itself was OK and the maid staff were quite pleasant. However at check-in I found the staff, particularly the Manager Donna, to be rude and knows nothing of customer service. I had reserved 3 rooms in November for the above dates. These were a block of rooms that my sister had reserved for her daughter's wedding. I had requested 2 rooms with a connecting door and the 3rd room to be across the hallway. I had called again on Monday, May 23 to inquire that this request had been taken care of and was told that it had. Upon arrival I was told this was not the case and they could not accommodate my wishes. Donna, the manager on duty then (although I had requested Jerome as my sister had worked with him) and was told that just because I had reserved my rooms they were not assigned until check in. I understood that but since this was a block, there should have not been an issue. I explained I would like to speak to Jerome and Donna informed me he would tell me the same thing. Later I found out that one of the other families who was part of the "block" as well did indeed get a connecting door. I am NOT happy with the disrespect and lack of hospitality, lack of customer service that I received upon arrival. Quite frankly, upon visiting N.O. again I will stay elsewhere due to just that kind of rudeness. I would hope that someone requires each front-desk and manager staff member to attend more seminars on dealing with the public and on trying to accommodate folks, especially when arrangements have previously been made. Thank you.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Conway, Arkansas
Reviewed 6 June 2011

Everyone from the valet parkers to the front desk to the maids were incredibly polite and helpful. In great Southern tradition, no one passed us without speaking and made us feel very welcome.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
problemdoc, Manager at Hilton New Orleans Riverside, responded to this review, 8 June 2011
Thank you for the very nice review of our hotel and of our team and it was certainly a pleasure having you stay with us. Your last stay was a business stay, however we look forward to seeing you next time on a leisure visit. New Orleans is a fun destination year round and our team will be happy to assist you in planning your next vacation to New Orleans.

Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 4 June 2011

I stayed at this hotel for Essence Festival in July 2010 and found the location to be exemplary. Many of the events were happening at the convention center (a few miles down the road), Superdome (5 mins by taxi) or the W hotel across the street. The Hilton was close to the action without being right in the center of it. We got good exercise walking to Bourbon but it wasn't bad. We had a view of the riverfront and enjoyed the scenery and access to the Riverwalk. The rooms were comfy and spacious. All in all this place served its purpose, one of the nicer hotels in the area. The only thing that kept me from giving it a five was the $38/day parking fee. If I am staying at your hotel over several days it is ridiculous to charge such an incredible amount. We had to park across the way at an adjacent lot which may loading and unloading luggage inconvenient.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
problemdoc, Manager at Hilton New Orleans Riverside, responded to this review, 7 June 2011
Thank you very much for the nice review of our hotel. It certainly was a pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again whenever your travels bring you back to New Orleans. Hopefully your next visit can be later this year after we complete our guest room renovation project in our main tower. We will be starting soon and expect to be finished this Fall. We are very excited about our new product and hopefully you can come back and celebrate our new rooms with us. If our Concierge and Reservations teams can assist you in planning your next stay, please do not hesitate to call upon us.

Hilton New Orleans riverside