We checked in for a five day stay with two rooms. The staff was attentive and very friendly. We were immediately checked in and given rooms adjacent to each other. We were assigned tower 3 which is the smaller tower facing the Mississippi river. We were overlooking the Creole Queen boat and a courtyard. Our room was spacious and our bed was great.
This is what I expected for a business hotel. It is a convention hotel, so it is fairly large but not too large that you are far away from the cafe or bar. There are two pools one in each side of the hotel and they are fairly large.
I would certainly stay here again.... the location is great. Attached to a mall of small shops and across the street there is a casino and an upscale mall with a movie theater.
The bell man could use a little more training in customer service, but overall our stay was glitch free. They did forget to deliver our breakfast coupons and we had to pick them up twice, although the second night I had to ask for the manager as they claimed I had picked them up. I did pick them up that morning for that morning's breakfast. I was inquiring about the next day.
Housekeeping did a fairly good job, although they missed on day in cleaning our room. This was probably our fault since we left our room later than normal on that day.
I would certainly stay here again...... it is what I come to expect of Hilton.
Visitors tip: Cab ride is $33 from airport to downtown for 1 or 2 persons. There is an additional $14 per person. If you have a party of 6 ask to be taken together. We were split up later to find out on our way out that we could been in the same car.
The hotel is centrally located and the French quarter is blocks away. This location is ideal, as it is quiet and far away enough from the chaos of bourbon street.
We ate lunch at the bar and I found the prices to be relatively low for hotel dining. The portions were great and the service was awesome. Really friendly bartenders.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Visiting the Hilton New Orleans Hotel Riverside will not only bring back fond memories, but can open up new areas to explore in New Orleans, Louisiana. Enjoy the 90,000 sq. ft. Health Club by Hilton featuring tennis, racquetball, full weight training circuit, the Precor® cardio theater and more. Stimulate your palate within Drago's Seafood Restaurant, a New Orleans dining institution. Upgrade your accommodations to our exclusive Executive Level. Try your hand at Harrah's Casino or take in a round of golf at TPC Louisiana. New Orleans is still one of the world's most unique destinations and is at your doorstep when staying at the Hilton Riverside Hotel in New Orleans, Louisiana. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hilton New Orleans Riverside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton New Orleans Riverside Hotel New Orleans
- Hilton Hotel New Orleans
- Hilton Riverside Hotel New Orleans
- Hilton Riverside New Orleans