“Hilton Riverside in New Orleans”

Ranked #77 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersGold level
Brunswick
“Hilton Riverside in New Orleans”
Reviewed 13 April 2012

This hotel is such a perfect spot to stay if you are traveling to New Orleans. It is the only hotel that is on the water, is walking distance to everything.......has a huge indoor mall below the hotel. I loved the fact that the casino is directly across the street and you can walk along the water to Jackson Square and see all of the sites without using a cab. It's a huge hotel, but so convenient. It has a pool/rooftop to relax in the warm/hot temps. I highly recommend this option. Pricing is competitive and cheaper than some other hotels. People think they need to stay in the in the historic hotels and that's fine.......this hotel rocks and you would not be disappointed if you chose to stay here. Watching the steam boats go up and down the river as a backdrop is really cool.

Room Tip: try to get a room that looks out onto the Mississippi River.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
problemdoc, Manager at Hilton New Orleans Riverside, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Thank you for the very nice review and thank you for choosing our hotel as your New Orleans destination. We certainly enjoyed having you here and look forward to seeing you again whenever your travels bring you back to New Orleans. There are lots of fun events planned here in New Orleans this year and hopefully you can find time to come back and enjoy them with us. Our Reservations and Concierge teams will be happy to assit you in customizing your next stay.

Hilton New Orleans Riverside

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,240)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Good hotel, nice size room, clean. A bit big, but thousands of people can fit easily! Gym is big, but charges a fee. The equipment is heavy duty more for men than for women. Nice to have separate jacuzzi in women's locker. Restaurants and food in hotel is expensive. Staff is pleasant.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing the Hilton New Orleans Riverside as your New Orleans destination. We certainly enjoyed having you here and we look forward to seeing you again soon. I am not sure if you are one of our Hilton HHonors members however if you are not I encourage that you join our program. Health Club access to all of the Health Club's by Hilton Worldwide are complimentary to our HHonors Diamond, Gold and Silver members and you have an opportunity to earn points during each stay to use toward future hotel and resort stays. You can contact (800) 548-8690 to become a member.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I stayed at this Hilton in January of 2011 for an event held at the convention center. It's well-situated for an easy walk to both said convention center and the French Quarter. Unfortunately that's pretty much all that can be said positively of the Hilton Riverside. Upon checking in I asked for a quiet room ... and was assigned a room with adjoining rooms on either side. I'm no princess, but I ended up asking to move because of the noise. After being apologized to I was told someone would be up with a new room key for me. No one came so eventually I shlepped downstairs and got it myself and after packing up I moved to my new room with ... you guessed it ... an adjoining door, this time with someone snoring so loudly next door that it sounded like he was in bed with me. Cue my second move at 11pm, this time to a room with no adjoining door. Finally!

My third room at the Hilton did not seem like such a coup the following day when a room down the hall began hosting what I imagine was a bachelor or bachelorette party. I lack words to describe how loud these people were. We're talking shrieks, woos, chants of "shot, shot, shot," and the pièce de résistance: blasting the Black Eyed Peas' "I Gotta Feeling" complete with a group sing-a-long. I realize that the hotel cannot be held responsible for people's rudeness, but my calls down to reception went largely unanswered and the party continued.

One final put-off: I was having some convention materials shipped to me and I called the hotel ahead of time to ask about details. Imagine my surprise when I showed up at the business center to collect my package and was told I'd have to pony up a service charge based on weight. I later had management waive the charge, but it was just another example of poor service.

I guess you get what you pay for -- I scored a $50 a night rate on a third-party booking site, and certainly received $50 worth or service.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank karolinatx
I'm sorry that we were not able to provide you with a satisfactory experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the noise experienced in each of your rooms and shipping services. Your comments will help correct these issues. We hope you will consider staying with us the next time your are in New Orleans.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Stayed here for a corporate event and the staff are extremely helpful! Thank you for a nice week in NOLA!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
problemdoc, Manager at Hilton New Orleans Riverside, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we are happy to hear that our team was able to make your stay a pleasurable one. We certainly enjoyed having you here and look forward to your next visit. Lots of fun events scheduled in New Orlens later this year and we hope you can find time in your busy schedule to return and enjoy them with us. Our Concierge and Reservations teams will be happy to assist you in customizing your next visit to the Big Easy where we have fun - Laissez le bontemps a rouler!

toronto
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed here for one night post cruise and found it to be nice hotel, but large. I checked in on a Sunday morning and wasn't surprised that our rooms were not ready, but was surprised that there were so few people working at check in. We were told that we could store our luggage and relax at the pool but after struggling to find the pool, which was in another building and the location wasn't well marked, it turns out that a room key is required. Back to the front desk (and line) I go, to get a temporary card. As the rest of our group arrived and were assigned their rooms, I decided to try the front desk again. Off I went through the maze of halls to wait in line again to be told that my rooms still weren't ready. After returning back to the pool, as I sat down I received a phone call that the rooms were ready so back I went through the buildings to wait in line again. This was my first impression of the hotel and it was frustrating. They commented at the front desk that Sundays are always busy and yet I never saw more that three agents working and there must have been at least 20 people in line each time I went through the lobby.

Other than the check in process, the hotel was great but it is what it is - a very large business hotel that handles lots of conventions.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank beachgoes_8
problemdoc, Manager at Hilton New Orleans Riverside, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Our apologies for any miscommunications regarding check in time and not having a room ready for you when you arrived. Check In time is 3pm and Check Out time is 12 noon. We do our best to have rooms ready early on weekends however sometimes with a departure time of 12 noon it is not always possible as was the case on your arrival day . We certainly enjoyed having you here and we hope that you enjoyed your cruise. New Orleans is a fun destination year round so when you are ready for some well deserved R&R give us a call and we will be happy to help you plan your next stay.

Orange,TX
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Stayed here for my daughter's Club (AAU) Volleyball Tourney. Loved our stay....had a room on the 26th floor with a view of the river. As a Hilton Honors member , I received a personal email prior to my stay to upgrade which I liked! The executive lounge was everything we enjoyed for breakfast and the evening snacks were great. The convenience of watching my daughter play @ the hotels fitness club was awesome. Dragos Restaurant it to die for. Charbroiled Oysters are to die for !!!!!Very short walk to the French Quarter and most attractionsWhat a great experience. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We enjoyed having all of our Volleyball families here and look forward to seeing you all again for the 2013 tournament. Our guest rooms renovation project will be completed in late summer so when you all return next year we will have a new product to offer our guests. Hopefully you were able to enjoy our new Crescent City Marketplace and do a bit of shopping in our Accessories to Desire retail shop located on floor 2 in our main tower. If you have an opportunity to come back before next year's Volleyball Weekend, give us a call and we will be happy to help you plan your getaway.

Virginia
Reviewed 8 April 2012

The Hilton is located in a great location short walk to the French quarter and across from Harrahs. Great views of the Mississippi River too. Large hotel with rooms in either side of rail tracks. Be aware that the trains do come through and blow their horn at the crossing. Good size bar and restaurant on first level and you chech in on level 2. Rooms are good sized but need refurbishment especially the furniture. Rooms do have small ,refrigerators for cold drink or fruit

Room Tip: Try for a river view then you can watch the tankers, freighters along with cruise ships that dock ne...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing us as your New Orleans destination. We enjoyed having you here and certainly look forward to seeing you again whenever your travels bring you back to New Orleans. Our rooms renovation project is scheduled to begin soon and be completed by the end of summer 2012. Hopefully you can find time this Fall to return and enjoy our new rooms.
Our Reservations and Concierge teams will be happy to help you plan your next stay with us.