Hotel Monteleone(New Orleans)
US$290
US$279
Preferred Hotels
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Hotel Astor-New Orleans(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$435
InterContinental
  • Pool
Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$195
US$186
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
US$432
US$400
  • Restaurant
Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$176
  • Pool
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$286
US$208
Omni Hotels
  • Restaurant
Omni Royal Orleans(New Orleans)
US$291
US$331
US$291
Hotels.com
  • Pool
The Whitney Hotel(New Orleans)(Great Value!)
US$299
US$263
  • Breakfast included
6,088 results
All reviewsconvention centerdrago's restaurantexecutive levelcharbroiled oystersoutlet mallhealth clubfrench quartermississippi riverharrah's casinohuge hotelself parkingwithin walking distanceattending a conferencecafe du mondetrolley stopbourbon streetmardi gras
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 December 2013

This was about our sixth visit to New Orleans and to this Hilton. We have always chosen it because it is the only hotel near the convention center that has a swimming pool (albeit outdoor) where I can swim laps. It was noticeably diminished in stature in 2008 (a year or two after Katrina) but we hoped for big improvement with word of the whole city blooming. Disappointingly, while the facilities are still grand and the food decent to delicious, they are seriously understaffed. We witnessed room service trays left on the floor outside rooms for more than 24 hours; one day our room was not cleaned until 3:30--after I called to ask if they were ever coming. And the next day they never came to clear at all, which we reported at 6 pm having waited to see what would happen. Sad!

Room Tip: I asked to be near the larger of the two pools and was delighted to have room overlooking the river and 3 floors above the pool. That was great.
1  Thank TeamLeaderCAM
problemdoc, Manager at Hilton New Orleans Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

TeamLeaderCAM,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on our service and appointment and we will use your comments as we continue to evolve our guests' experience. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction. The best of the Holidays to you and to yours.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I would recommend this Hotel to anyone coming to New Orleans. Great food, great hospitality and great ambience. Definitely a place to stay to enjoy the City of New Orleans, the Casino and the French Quarters.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Oneil M

Oniel M,

Thank you for the very nice review. We enjoyed having you here and hope to see you again soon. The best of the Holidays to you and to yours.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

If you stay there during a big convention , the hotel lobby will be crowded like a bus station.
Valet parking is somewhat slow. There is a very good on the premises restaurant, specialized in seafood; you should try the charbroiled oysters - indeed tasty.
Rooms are very clean and comfy.
The best in the hotel is the huge gym, that includes even two squash pools !

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
problemdoc, Manager at Hilton New Orleans Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

EyeDocBrazil,

Thank you for the very nice review. Your comments have been shared with the team and we all appreciated your feedback. The best of the upcoming Holiday Season to you and to your family and hopefully we will see during the next Squash tournament here in New Orleans.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Since my last review, no updates as to the room furnishings. Showing lots of wear and drabness. Unfortunately stayed at the hotel during the Bayou Classic, which meant long lines of guests checking in with far too few clerks to assist them. Also, it seemed everyone but me arrived with coolers the size of coffins and a minimum of 4 crock pots -- are they actually allowed to cook within the hotel rooms? Was happy to finally check out of this loud hotel but when I stood behind a couple in front of me in the Hilton Honors line, I saw what appeared to be a female manager coming over to wait on me to break my $20 into smaller bills for the taxi. Instead, two of her friends (not presently in the line) leaned toward her and said they were ready to check out. She smiled nicely at them and started to assist them. I said I was in front of them and this was pretty poor service for her to ask them to step in front of me expecially since I am in the Honors Line. She replied that the desk had been very busy with a large group (which made no sense) and then reluctantly and with great attitude proceeded to make change for my $20. I think next time I'll take my the Ritz Carlton to see if they continue to give me assistance without attitude.

Room Tip: Executive level may help keep the general public from running up and down the hallways.
2  Thank kathyhouston
problemdoc, Manager at Hilton New Orleans Riverside, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Kathy,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on our service and appointment and we will use your comments as we continue to evolve our guests' experience. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to quality hospitality and accommodations.

The best of the upcoming Holidays to you and to your family.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Clean room,hot showers, customer focused staff, professionals, this is what other hotels aspire to be like.
After a horrible experience at the queen & crescent we moved here And it was such a difference, like walking into utopia. Clean, nice, awesome restaurants, better locale... Totally worth the money.

1  Thank Marjorie S

Majorie S,

Thank you for your very nice review. We enjoyed having you here and look forward to that next opoortunity to welcome you back once again. The best of the upcoming Holiday Season to you and to yours.