“Fantastic Hotel!! Another example of why I love Hilton Worldwide Hotels”

Ranked #79 of 162 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersGold level
McKinney, Texas
“Fantastic Hotel!! Another example of why I love Hilton Worldwide Hotels”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I am already a huge fan of all Hilton branded hotels and the Hilton New Orleans Riverside is another example as to why! I 100% highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting New Orleans! The location to the french quarter is perfect, but more important, it is a superb property with a superb staff!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
problemdoc, Manager at Hilton New Orleans Riverside, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
luv2laughentime,

Thank you so very much for the great review. I have shared your comments with the team and everyone was most appreciative. Hopefully we will see you again soon. Have a great summer!

Hilton New Orleans Riverside

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,273)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Paris, Missouri
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed on the 15th floor in April 2014 with a City View room. It was a very nice and clean room. The location was great, we were able to walk about everywhere we wanted to go. Only problem was that our credit card was charged for the 2 nights parking twice. It took a few days to get that straightened out once we got home. We will definitely stay here again as long as we get a good deal on the price like we did on this trip.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper request a room away from the elevators. We could hear the elevators going...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Cathy B,

Thank you for choosing us as your New Orleans destination. We enjoyed having you here and look forward to the next opportunity when we can welcome you back once again. Have a great summer and we hope to see you again soon.

Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Everything that could go wrong did! First they got our reservation wrong. We had a confirmed reservation for a King Size Bed. We got a room with two doubles not even queens. Seemingly nothing they could do to correct this error and took the path of blaming the convention that booked it despite a printed confirmation.

The morning of the first night we were woken by the sounds of a Jack Hammer like sound coming through the walls. Turned out to be the plumbing. They did correct this but didn't make up for it in any way. The night of our third evening we ran into further troubles with the plumbing when only scalding hot water would come out. After 3 attempts to get someone to look at it we had a to demand access to another room to be able to shower while they looked into it. Again no attempt to make up for it.

Finally after some severe weather caused our trip to be extended, they actually tried to charge us weekend convention rates despite being higher than the posted rate. We did catch this and they did correct it, but we should have to look for items like this.

The hotel does have a great central location near the Casino and Drago's Restaurant was fantastic.

The hotel staff were mediocre at best and the Manager seems to care less about us.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank VictoriaDK
problemdoc, Manager at Hilton New Orleans Riverside, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Victoria,

Thank you for reaching out to us via TripAdvisor. Please know that your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us, and we apologize for the mismanagement of the situation, and for the frustration you must be facing. We are dedicated to ensuring the satisfaction of each of our guests, and we will use your comments as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed your expectations. We hope you will give us another opportunity to impress should you return to our area in the future.

Wilson, United States
Reviewed 24 June 2014

The Hilton New Orleans Riverside is a great hotel with clean rooms and nice amenities! Central location to the French Quarter and the Business and Warehouse Districts. I traveled for business, but will definitely be booking another trip to this hotel in the future for pleasure.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Brandon C,

Thank you for taking time to wite a review and provide us with feedback from your recent stay. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here. We certainly enjoyed having you here and we hope to see you again in the not too distant future. Have a wonderful summer.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 23 June 2014

We chose this hotel for my bachelor party mainly for the location with it being a few blocks off Bourbon Street and away from the hustle and bustle of the French Quarter. The 2 bedroom family suite was booked and was a great selection. We had a 17th Floor corner room. All 3 rooms that were connected were great in size and just what we needed. The staff we encountered when there were great and very pleasant. Even the Manager went above and beyond to make sure our stay was a great one. If you are looking for a nice property a few blocks away from the noise of the French Quarter definitely stay here!

Room Tip: Choose a higher room as there are live train tracks next to the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
rynpilot,

Thank you for the great review. I have shared it with the team and eveyone enjoyed having you all here. Have a wonderful summer and we hope to see you all again soon.

East Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I have been meaning to come on here and write this review, since I had such a nice experience.

My stay occurred about 8 weeks ago for a work conference and it was my first time to New Orleans.

First and foremost, this is a VERY CLEAN hotel. The lobby, the elevators, the rooms, my bed and bathroom, all were spotless. The bed was comfy and had nice white sheets. For the price and brand I was sort of expecting these things, and I'm happy that the quality was delivered well. I see a review here and there with a complaint about cleanliness, but most say it was great, and my experience was definitely a positive one in that area.

The hotel itself is located on the riverside right near the Harrah's Casino and Canal Street. It is also a quick walk to Bourbon Street if you're in the mood to party. Much fun and trouble can be found there. Some of the nearby area is still run down from Hurricane Katrina, including a high rise former hotel right next door. It is still eerily abandoned, but appeared cordoned off as if maybe re-construction might start. The area is rejuvenating but some scars are still fresh enough to be visible.

Inside the hotel, you would never know anything went wrong. The lobby is amazing, featuring a convenience store, bar, fountain, business center, and backed by multiple conference rooms on the lower floors. The local culture is mixed into the decorations and you can feel the New Orleans vibe throughout. The conference rooms are large and there are multiple rooms of multiple sizes.

My room was on a mid-level floor and faced the river. I had a nice view of the barges sailing up and down. The only complaint I have of facing the river was early each morning a train would roll through the tracks at the base of the hotel and blare its horn. This woke me up the first couple of nights and was a little startling, and I had to find some earplugs in town to rescue my sleep for the rest of my trip.

The food was excellent. Our conference was catered and I also relied on room service for a grilled chicken salad late one night. Each meal was very good, but watch it on room service, they add the tip in automatically and you might accidentally double tip!

All in all I was very pleased, and my agency was given a fair rate for the area. The staff was friendly and helpful in every correspondence I had.

Other things of note:
-There was a very nice looking pool, but unfortunately I didn’t have time and it wasn’t as warm yet when I was there.
-Ask for a room opposite any train tracks, you're ears will thank you.
-The bar looked nice, but seemed a little pricy. With Bourbon St nearby, I went out most nights anyways.
-The convenience store is actually up the escalators and through a sky bridge from the lobby. This threw me for a loop at first.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the rail road track.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
KevinP,

Thank you for taking time to wite your review. I am happy to share your great comments with the team. It is always good to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their stay. We look forward to welcoming back to our hotel in the not too distant future. Enjoy the summer !

Arroyo Grande, United States
Reviewed 23 June 2014

The staff takes care of you and the hotel was very comfortable, clean, quiet (at night) and has everything you need plus a great location. If you are traveling to NOLA, the Hilton is a great place to stay. I recommend it (other than the slightly stale smoke smell in the room). I really liked how my room was tucked away and didn't have any noise waking me up at night or in the morning.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Danya N,

On behalf of our management team and our staff, we'd like to thank you for your recent stay. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time here and please be assured that your valuable comments will be shared with the team. Thank you for choosing us as your New Orleans destination and we look forward to seeing you again soon.