“New Orleans Hilton”

GreenLeadersGold level
South Carolina
“New Orleans Hilton”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

The Hilton is in the heart of the city- convenient walking to all the city's attractions.
Be advised, hotel is a bit loud. Typically the cause of the noise is Dragos Restaurant ...a great spot if you love oysters..except these are done of the grill..one of my favorite spots.
The hotel itself is what you expect from Hilton.

Room Tip: Try to get a riverfront room to watch the boats on the Mississippi.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
problemdoc, Manager at Hilton New Orleans Riverside, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Terry T,

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Your kind words have been shared with the team and everyone is most appreciative. Enjoy the balance of the summer season and we hope to see you again soon.

Hilton New Orleans Riverside

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,240)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Banquete, Texas
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My wife and I decided to celebrate our anniversary in New Orleans. We decided to give the Hilton a chance and I am so glad we did. The location is perfect. It is adjacent to the new outlet mall and across the street from Harrahs. It is a large hotel but they treat you very good. The French Quartet is just a short walk or you can catch the trolley. We used the trolley a few times but walked most of the time. Avoid Dragos Restaurant at the hotel. It is not bad, but you can get much better in the French Quarter. Rooms were good size and queen size beds were super comfy. Try the Hilton, you will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Riversidemanager, Manager at Hilton New Orleans Riverside, responded to this review, 13 September 2014
ramprissy,

A belated Happy Anniversary and thank you for choosing us to celebrate such a special day. It is nice to hear that you all enjoyed your stay amd we hope that you all can find another time to come back and enjoy New Orleans all over again. Have a wonderful end of summer and hope to see you all again soon.

Baton Rouge, LA
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I recently spent two nights at this hotel and as usual we were not disappointed. Central location so it's within walking distance to French quarter. It rained one day we were there but we really didn't care because we spent most of the day shopping and dining at the "mall" located at the hotel. Hubby even got a pedicure.

The drinks at the hotel bar are a little over priced and really aren't that great especially since you can literally walk out into the courtyard and get a better drink but the atmosphere and bartenders were charming.

As I said, we booked two nights so when I got my checkout receipt under the door after the first night I was shocked. They had only booked us for one night! I immediately called central reservations from the hotel phone and the guy stated that he could accommodate us but we would have to change rooms and there were no more rooms available with our military discount. I agreed and headed down to the front desk to let them know what happened and find out what we needed to do to switch rooms. I spoke with a lovely lady named Leah. She apologized for the confusion, and let us stay in the same room with our discount. She even gave my husband a voucher to Starbucks!

Customer service goes a long way and this Hilton has top notch employees and great service. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone and we will always make this one of our top choices when visiting New Orleans. (Also, they apply your Hilton honors points right away!)

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank MrsEllen67
problemdoc, Manager at Hilton New Orleans Riverside, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
msangie2,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent hotel experience with us on Trip Advisor. We always enjoy hearing about our guest's experiences and especially when one of our team members are recognized. We can agree that Leah does an excellent job of representing our hotel and I have shared your kind words with her and with her manager. Thank you for choosing us as your New Orleans destination and we look forward to the next time when we can welcome you back to the hotel once again.

Perth
Reviewed 31 July 2014

If you think having a confirmed booking done 2 months in advance and a request in writing (yes, the ol' fashion way) for a quiet room means you will get what you expect then think again with this hotel. Yep, it's a Hilton, but that is where it stops. I arrived after 35 h travelling from Australia, excited about the coming week of conference work in the amazing city of New Orleans. It was 11pm at night when the check-in desk confirmed that indeed they had no bed for me despite my confirmation. But, hey, they could put me in a 'parlour' room with a sofa-bed. I was not happy but agreed as I was exhausted from the travel. The check in person confirmed that they would shift me in the morning BUT, if I liked the room I could call them back if I wanted to stay. Though disappointed I went to the room - had to find the sofa and then surprise surprise have a fast lesson in how to assemble a sofa bed - and then to make my own bed (Hey, Paris, do you make your own bed?). But hey, no pillows or blankets. I called for them, they were delivered to the door and handed to me and the staff member disappeared (guess I was meant to make my bed completely) .... I requested a duvet but that never did arrive. It's now 12 midnight by so I wrap myself in my blanket, pretend I'm in a third world country and actually have a good night's sleep. I then called reception to say that I preferred to stay put as I just wanted to be in one place - all confirmed that this was no problem. The conference starts and I head back to my room later in the morning and I'm locked out. Off to reception and they confirmed indeed I had 'checked out'? But I pointed out I was in for 6 nights! And that I was confirmed to stay in the room. That is when I'm told flatly by the staff that 'you have to shift, we need that room'. I said OK but can you make sure it is a quiet room as I had requested. I had to move immediately so bundled all my gear together and shuffled off to another room. Actually a nice room so I'm rather pleased that it all is working out. Fast forward to 11.30pm and outside my room turns into 'party central' - 20 people in the corridor, smell of alcohol and some serious partying happening. I call front desk and they get security. About 1am it finally stops. So feeling rather unhappy at this stage I go to the front desk and learn that they had ignored my quiet room request and had actually put in opposite what they affectionately called their 'hospitality suite' and that lots of other folk had complained on the same floor. By this stage I had enough saying that now i finally knew what it was like to be in a 2-star hotel! This seems to have finally meant something and a manager was hastily brought to my rescue. Profuse apologies flowed, followed by vouchers and, yet another room shift - three in two days! Hilton hotels: all you need to do is give a customer what they respectfully request. It is that easy. And hey presto, I might give you return business. Not likely though from my perspective - a trailer park would have been more reliable! So enter the Hilton New Orleans Riverside with your eyes wide open (but you won't get much sleep so they will be open anyway).

Room Tip: The best advice, don't stay here
Green Features: Hardly noticeable as the air con was freezing! So not worth it
3 Thank Kingsley D
Kingsley,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointing service and confusion upon check-in of your recent stay. We know our guests deserve the best and we will use your comments as we continually evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations moving forward. We have shared your comments on the noise issues with our security team and assure you appropriate steps have been made so we may better handle similar issues should they arise. Should you return to our area in the future, we would love to have you back so we may better demonstrate the complete quality stay you expect and deserve.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I was in New Orleans for the NaCO Convention. The staff had on welcome "NACO" pins attached to their name tags. Leah whom I met while checking in gave the best customer service I have had at a hotel and I travel a lot and have stayed in many hotels. I had the best room in the Hotel as far as I am concerned. I had a nice King room with a view of the Mississippi River and I could hear the ships blow their horns. It was so peaceful and relaxing. Dragos, the hotel restaurant, had great food including the oysters. The hotel staff was courteous throughout my stay. I would stay at this hotel again and hopefully get the same room again. The only bad part was the power and water were off briefly. I highly recommend this hotel for business or personal use. Ask for Leah at the Front desk and tell her I sent you.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room away from the elevators with a view of the River.
1 Thank Kim R
problemdoc, Manager at Hilton New Orleans Riverside, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Kim R,

Thank you for the great review and thank you recognizing Leah. We certainly agree that she is a very good customer service representative for the hotel and I have shared your kind words with her and her manager. The team enjoyed having you here and we all hope to see you again in the not too distant future. Enjoy the balance of the summer season and we hope to see you soon.

Dyersburg, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I was in New Orleans for a convention. My wife and I stayed at the Hilton Riverside. Grfeat location, near the convention center and most downtown attractions. Had a great time and the food was great.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dennis M,

Thank you for your review and we are happy to hear that you all enjoyed your time here. Hopefully you all can find some well deserved R&R time to come back and enjoy New Orleans all over again. We certainly would enjoy seeing you all again.

Amarillo, Texas, United States
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I was there for a convention. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was very nice and had a great view of the river. We had a problem with adjusting the water for showering, either it was too cold or hot. They had maintenance there to fix it very quickly and also gave us 2 free breakfasts meal, which I was not expecting. Only complained I have is the only place to buy soda drinks was into 2 retail stores, was way too high!! I did not have to pay for internet, that was taken care of by the convention I attending. It was a great location, right by a trolley stop and walking distance to other restaurants and sights. The hotel restaurant & bar were very expensive.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
problemdoc, Manager at Hilton New Orleans Riverside, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Janis Fore 1,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your recent hotel experience with us on Trip Advisor. Your comments are greatly appreciated and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Have a wonderful end of summer and we hope to see you again in the not too distant future.