“Very convenient place to stay in NOLA”

Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center
Ranked #26 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stayed here for 5 days for a combination business trip and family getaway. Was very close to the convention center and also convenient to a lot of restaurants, trolly and other attractions. Room was comfortable, recently renovated, but the pool was still undergoing construction. Only downside was the breakfast was kinda lame.

Room Tip: the rooms facing the internal courtyard were very quiet. Higher floors have a balcony facing courty...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

Very close to Convention Center. Friendly stuff. Freshly renovated. Walking distance to Canal Str. and French Quarter. I was impressed how soundproof window is. But vibration still was there from night club sounds across narrow street.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Allison H, General Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear AlexeyAV,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am happy to hear that our staff was friendly and that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms! I will share your comments with my team and we look forward to having your stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

This one is brand new, renovated from a ware house, I like the decoration and layouts a lot. Fairly convenient to walk to French Quarter. And it is very close to some good restaurants such as Cochon. I bid it on Priceline for $50 per night and it is money well spent, it may be more expensive if you do not bid. The only thing with us is the the construction smell, but it should be better after a couple months.

Room Tip: Try not to stay on the street side if you sleep light, there is a night club downstairs.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 September 2013

We stayed there for a weekend, after having great experiences in other Courtyard Marriotts.

Rooms are average sized, nice and modern looking and seemed clean.

There's a Starbucks coffee at the lobby which was very convenient, with lots of seating and extras like cellphone charging stations and booths. However, there was a strong fishy smell at the lobby.

The first night we slept okay, but the second night around 3 am we all woke up because of LOUD music noise coming from a street party (on a Sunday night) that was set up by one of the clubs next door (S.Pete street). The windows vibrated a lot with the music... it was awful. After several failed attempts to make them control their volume, by calling the concierge and asking them to contact the club about it, and even call the local police (which we found out, didn't care about this kind of things), we got finally moved to a different area of the hotel and we could sleep better for the rest of the night. One of us had to wake up at 4:30 am to catch a plane.

Parking is NOT free. Only valet is available. We got there driving and did't use the car all weekend. We walked everywhere (good location), but had to pay the money we saved on this stay on parking (about $60). If we would have known about this + the noise problem, we would have have probably stayed in the middle of the action.

Service was okay. Staff was friendly. The valet staff though, had to spend a few minutes trying to find the keys of our car, after we checked out. It was a bit scary, but they ended up being in the car and not in the key box... go figure.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms facing St. Pete street.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank anonymous282

Greetings anonymous282 miami-

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your recent stay with us. It is nice to hear you were able to enjoy our newly renovated rooms and the convenience of our Bistro with Starbucks. I am terribly sorry that the noise from an outside restaurant/nightclub negativly effected your stay with us. I understand your frustrations and I am glad we were able to move you away from the noise so you could have better sleep for the remainder of your stay.
If you would like to speak with me directly, I can be reached at 504-598-9898.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

A friend and I stayed here for three nights. We had a renovated double queen room on the fifth floor. The new rooms are very nice and let me tell you, the memory foam bed was FABULOUS! We found ourselves looking forward to getting back to the room to lounge in them. It was HUMID in NO while we were there but the temp in the room was always nice and cool. The one thing that I didn't like was the light for the toilet and shower area was in the vanity area outside the door. We did potty in the dark a few times.

What really made the stay was the staff that greeted us. Jasmine checked us in at 9 pm and made us feel welcome from the very first hello. She gave directions to the room, described what to expect with the renovations and made us feel welcome after a LONG day. The next night, she remembered us and asked how the day went. She gave us ideas for the next day and helped me out by fixing my key card. On our final night, we met Michael, another wonderful and friendly face who joked with us and gave us more tips for our final day. Jasmine and Michael worked well together and made us feel special. They accommodated our late check out request, and as we left today, Jasmine was there to give us a hug, and hail us a can!

Is this hotel a bit of a walk from the French quarter? Yes, but there name "Courtyard Marriott at the convention center" and a map would tell you that.

Is there an abundance of night activities in close proximity to the hotel? Not typical tourist spots, but there is local night life. We walked the area after sunset and were never approached by homeless people begging for money or dunk people yelling obscenities; can't say the same for the Quarter.

All in all, know where you are staying and enjoy your vacation! It's is a vacation after all.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Tonyafrog-

I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Than you for taking the time to share your experience and recoginize two of our wonderful guest service representatives, Jasmine and Michael. I am so glad they made your stay special and memorable, I will share your comments with my team and personally recoginize Jasmine and Michael!

Warm Wishes,

Reviewed 9 September 2013

was not told until we checked in that the pool/spa tub was not working also did not know it was undergoing renovations, should have been told by someone before this and would have changed to their sister hotel which was a block over and around the corner (was told we could walk over there but you don't want to be out walking in the neighborhood at night!) and also was told that the parking was $20.00 a night only to find out when i checked in that it was more. the staff was okay but certainly not very friendly, had to keep telling them to bring us more towels then they would only leave one washcloth, asked one of the housekeepers if we could have more than one washcloth and he said yes in an hour or so when the laundry was done. Really?? all in all just not a very good hotel, wasn't satisfied at all and would not stay there again, had i been offered the chance to stay at their sister hotel which was nearby and did have the pool/spa tub might have been okay with it but wasn't offered that opportunity, poor management, will tell anyone that's going to that great city NOT to stay there! also beds are hard as a rock!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I was there in March for a convention during the Saint Patrick week. The hotel is nice but there were a few things that surely need fixing: I arrived late after midnight and when I got there the woman at receptionn ( which is in fact only a desk) didn't know her way around. I asked for a bottle of water and she said there was none. I asked for an adaptor for my phone and she said that they didn't have any so I had to borrow it from the security guard...
Then she took almost twice of the amount due for my staying making my card go over the limit but I found that out only when I spoke with the credit card company. The next day I asked a different lady at reception and she said they hadn't charged me for anything. It wasnonly when I spoke to a third lady two days later that she finally confirmed what the company had told me.
Also the bartender was very rude: i got back from the parade with my beads and he asked me if I had had to bare my tits a lot to get them, which could be a funny remark if asked by a friend and not by a complete stranger working in the hotel where I was staying.
The room was big but the bathroom needed some refurbishing.
The best thing was the breakfast in the morning and the hall of the hotel but I don't know if I would back there.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business