“Warehouse District Gem!”

Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center
Ranked #25 of 166 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We love this location of the Courtyard by Marriott! It's centrally located with easy parking and local stables nets in walking distance! When visiting New Orleans, consider this location for price value and convenience!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Really enjoyed my stay. We booked two rooms and the only complaint I have is that the two rooms were not close enough together. The atmosphere was great. The rooms were clean and the location was walking distance to everything. Lots of walking because we parked our car in the hotel garage (valet) but it was worth fighting the traffic. I especially liked Michael, the evening shift attendant that checked us in. He was so full of personality and really set the fun relaxed tone as soon as we walked in. Thanks Michael!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Don-Michelle P
Collin D, Front Office Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Don-Michelle,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback and taking the time to share on TripAdvisor. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel convenient during your time in New Orleans. I will definitely share your comment with Michael. It's great to hear that he was able to connect with you and set the tone for a great trip. Please come back and see us on your next visit!

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We booked a couple of nights here during Mardi Gras. The biggest plus is that it was a very convenient location to catch the parades and is in a good location - within walking distance to the French Quarter as well. The hotel was nice enough, and the room was fairly large. One of the drawers had not been cleaned out, and there were old mardi gras beads left in one. We did have to navigate a few times around the housekeeping staff who parked their carts randomly in the hallways, and a couple of them were kneeling in the hallway taking a selfie at one time. The front desk staff was pleasant enough. Comparatively though, this was probably one of my least favorite hotels in the city. We have paid less for rooms where we were treated like royalty by anyone and everyone associated with the hotel. Not the case here. I would stay here again, but it would NOT be my first choice.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Collin D, Front Office Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Kim,

I am happy to hear that you found our location convenient and that you were able to enjoy your time in New Orleans over Mardi Gras. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback. I will look into the issues you've mentioned and I would like to assure you that we are taking corrective steps to ensure that these inconveniences are not reoccurring. We would like another chance to regain your trust and become your first choice! If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Operations Manager
Courtyard New Orleans Convention Center
300 Julia Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
Phone: 504-598-9898
Collin.Desalvio@marriott.com

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I'm currently staying here right now and to write a review because I am very disappointed with the guest service. I was assigned a room in front of elevator and ice machine. Due to the constant noise I called to ask for another room and was told that there are no rooms available as they are sold out. I know for a fact that this is not true. I work for a reputable travel agency and have access to check availability and I also called their 800# and was told there is space available ! I am so upset but too tired to deal with folks who obliviously don't know what good customer service is. All I want is another room so I can get a good nights rest before my long early drive home in the morning. Is that too much to ask? It's little things like that determines whether I will recommend a hotel to a client and for this I definitely will not!

Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank Wilmaletta F

Dear Wilmaletta,

First, I would like to thank you for staying with us and for your feedback. I am sincerely sorry that we were unable to provide you with another guest room during your stay. You are a valued customer and we do appriciate your business as a travel agent. Unfortunitely, we did not meet your, or our own, expectations. If you would like to contact me directly at the email or phone number below with more details, I would be happy to investigate why you were advised that no rooms were available. Again, I apologize for our laps in service during your stay with us and I hope that we have the chance to serve you again and meet your expectations.

Operations Manager
Courtyard New Orleans Convention Center
300 Julia Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
Phone: 504-598-9898
Collin.Desalvio@marriott.com

Reviewed 22 February 2014

This is the perfect hotel, if you are in New Orleans for business with some extra time to relax and enjoy the town. The location is perfect, the staff is very helpful and really goes the extra mile to ensure you have an enjoyable time. Rooms are beautiful, comfortable with a good lay out and amenities . On a personal note, "I liked the decor, tasteful and yet simple"

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This was the perfect hotel for us to stay at before our cruise. From the front door, you can actually see the cruise ship area. We walked a couple of short blocks to the ship. Hotel was very clean with recent renovations. The beds were so.....comfy! The staff was pleasant and willing to go the extra mile to assist. Special thanks to Allison and Alicia. Had a nice breakfast in the café, located just off the lobby area. There is also a business centre with computers and free internet service. Nice courtyard with a pool. Many good restaurants are located within walking distance of the hotel. We very much enjoyed dinner at Emeril’s. Will stay here again next time we cruise out of New Orleans.

Room Tip: courtyard room
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2014 via mobile

This Marriott suited our needs for this trip to New Orleans....near the Convention Center and easy access to a streetcar. The room provided extras such as microwave, refrigerator, coffee, computer hookup, etc. As suggested in other reviews, we acquired a room overlooking the pool so as to avoid the nightclub street noise. Twice, we had problems with the toilet not flushing properly, but maintenance came quickly. Front desk and other personnel were friendly and accommodating. We ate only one meal there (breakfast) which unfortunately, did not encourage us to eat there again, but there are so many other places to eat in New Orleans that it did not really matter. The streetcar is just a short walk away and very handy. Be sure to buy the $3 ticket for all day travel.... or 40 cent one way fare if you are a senior citizen. Bourbon Street, Harrahs, restaurants....just a short streetcar ride away.We did not rent a car and avoided the daily $28 parking fee. Taxi to airport was only $33. Our main activities were at the convention center which is a short walk. We noticed that there is another Marriott directly across the street from the convention center, which we may want to check out next time. The shops at Riverwalk are closed for remodeling until later in 2014, which was disappointing. Riverwalk is very close, as well as the cruise lines if you are going on a cruise. There is so much to do in New Orleans that you will not really spend a lot of time in the hotel room.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple