“Kenya was Great!”

Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center
Ranked #25 of 167 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is a great hotel and a great location. The customer service of Kenya was a great help in accommodating our large group. Her customer service was exceptionally well.

Will recommend to others.
Bridget & Darrelle!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Allison H, General Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Greetings Denise K,

I truly appreciate you taking a moment to recognize Kenya for her great customer service! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to having you back as our guest during your next visit to New Orleans!

Warm Wishes,
Allison Hayward--Costa

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I had an awesome stay at this hotel during Essence Festival. The Courtyard is in the center of everything so we were able to walk to almost everywhere we needed to go. The front desk staff Michael and Ashlie were great the entire time. They provided directions and suggestions of places to eat, made us feel welcomed and had the best personalities ever!! The valet staff were courteous and brought our vehicles down expeditiously every time. I'd recommend anyone stay at this hotel and I will be back next year.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Allison H, General Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Greetings Tabitha F -

I am very pleased to read your review about your recent stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I expecially appreciate you recoginizing our front desk team memebers, Michael and Ashley. They are both great and I am so happy they and our team made your stay memoriable! I have shared your comment with my team and have personally recoginzed Michael and Ashley for their amazing customer service. We look forward to having you back as our guest during your next visit to New Orleans!
Warm WIshes,
Allison Hayward-Costa

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

From the time we arrived we felt unwelcome by the front desk staff and the valet. The front desk clerk Connie really needs to be trained in customer service as well as the rude valet. The housekeeping staff we encountered were friendly. This was the only problem we had in New Orleans.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Collin D, Front Office Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Rebecca,

I would really appreciate the opportunity to speak with you regarding your arrival experience and what transpired with the valet and front desk staff. I am so sorry to hear of your experience and I would like to address these problems with my team. Our guest satisfaction is very important to us and we are taking the necessary corrective steps to resolve these issues. Please feel free to contact me any time. I hope you can accept our sincerest apologies. We value you feedback and look forward to hearing from you.

Operations Manager
Courtyard New Orleans Convention Center
300 Julia Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
Phone: 504-598-9898
Collin.Desalvio@marriott.com

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very nice on the inside and is a great walking distance to local shops and restaurants. My only problem with this hotel is that the staff appears to have had NO customer service training whatsoever!!! Expect at least a $200 hold to be placed on your credit card for incidentals by the way.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Lark1186

Dear Lark1186,

Please accept our apologies for the customer service you experienced during your stay with us. It is clear that as a staff, we did not meet or our own expectations. I would like the opportunity to further discuss your experience in greater detail to ensure that these problems do not happen again. The credit card hold does vary based on the length of your stay. Our incidental policy is a $50 per night hold via credit card, and our cash paying guests require a $100 per night security deposit. I apologize if you were unaware of this before arriving at the hotel.
We are happy to hear that you liked the hotels interior and that you were able to walk to local shops are restaurants. We really appriciate your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me regarding your stay.

Operations Manager
Courtyard New Orleans Convention Center
300 Julia Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
Phone: 504-598-9898
Collin.Desalvio@marriott.com

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

We were able to walk to the French Quarter and WWII museum. The staff was warm and friendly. I wish my room particularly my bathroom was cleaner. Other than that it was a perfect stay.
We enjoyed the pool/whirlpool, Starbucks coffee, and our balcony.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Mandolove
Collin D, Front Office Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear Mandolove,

We appreciate you taking to time to write a review on Tripadvisor. We are very happy to hear that you found the location convenient and that you enjoyed the balcony, pool, and our Starbucks coffee. Please come back and see us on your next visit from Baton Rouge. Again, thank you for your positive feedback.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

This comfortable hotel is a hidden gem in a nice artsy area close to the convention center. The facility is clean and fresh and the atmosphere is low key and quiet. several galleries and upscale restaurants nearby. the pool and hot tub could be cleaner but the courtyard surrounding them is quite pretty. very reasonably priced for the area.

Room Tip: courtyard view with balcony
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 July 2014

At 28 dollars a night, you can't beat the price for overnight parking. The hotel has gone through recent room renovations which have made the rooms I've stayed in recently very good. I choose to stay at this Marriott property when I come to New Orleans on business as it's generally the most cost effective, close to Casino, and within walking distance of two of the best restaurants in New Orleans (Peche and Root).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Allison H, General Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Greetings joshua15 -

I enjoyed reading your comment about your recent stay with us and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I completely agree that our hotel is in a great neighborhood and I enjoy being steps away from several world famous restaurants. Peche and Root are too of my favorite as well! Again, thank you for sharing and I hope to have you back as our guest very soon.

Allison Hayward Costa