“Great weekend get-a-way”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Decatur, Georgia
“Great weekend get-a-way”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I go to New Orleans once a year for a rival Atlanta Falcons game from Atlanta. I did not even realize this Courtyard was here. The price and location was perfect. The service was great. Great location to retreat after the noise and crowd of Bourbon St. Straight walk to Convention Center, to River Walk, to Harrahs Casino, to French Quarters. Make sure you get a pool side room. We could walk right out the room to the pool side with tables, chairs and lounge. Just great!

Room Tip: Pool./balcony side room on the second floor allows you to walk right out to the pool.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This was my first stay at this particular Courtyard (but am a loyal Marriott customer). Staff was fantastic. Location perfect for me. I was disappointed in the cigarette burns in the carpet but was willing to overlook this minor infraction thanks to the great service I received from the staff. I would have no hesitation recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: If you are concerned about noise, don't get a room facing the pool.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
chicago, il
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Hotel is easy to get to and is nicely located, and 2 blocks from the Convention Center so it's not a hotel canyon--there are normal businesses all around it. Staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating, and available all day and night for any need. If you're lucky you'll have a room that opens directly on to the courtyard and pool, making your early-morning swim much easier! Easy enough to access the rest of the city, the convention center, the trolleys and the French Quarter.

Room Tip: rooms on the courtyard have balconies or direct pool access
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Monroe, Louisiana
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Connie at the front desk was very polite and helpful from the moment we arrived and the valet service attendant was also very helpful. The location is perfect for the convention center and there are several nice restaurants in very close proximity. We walked to and from the French Quarter and made it with only a few sore muscles and a blister or two. It's probably fine for athletic young adults or if you make stops along the way to eat, drink or shop. One the last day we got a ride on a bike taxi. From the Aquarium to the hotel was $6 and we will definitely use them often when we return to New Orleans. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, and we would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: If you need a refrigerator or microwave, ask for it...not all rooms have them.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Allison H, General Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Gail,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! I truly appreciate you taking a moment to recoginize our wonderful staff, expecially Connie. I have shared your comment with my team and recoginized Connie for going above and beyond! We look forward to having you back as our guest during your next visit to New Orleans.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

My Company has me on the road a lot. They put us up in this particular Courtyard, not only was it a very nice hotel, but the service was great as well. I needed to take care of some business on a computer and mine was not working at the time. I tried the business center and was unable to use it due to licensing of Microsoft word can get expensive on multiple machines. I expressed my concern to the front desk and, Kenya instantly found a computer that met my needs and it helped out tremendously.

Thanks So Much

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Matt M
Dear Matt,

Thank you for shairng your experience during your recent stay with us! I am so happy to read that Kenya did a wonderful job in assisting you and by going above and beyond to ensure we met your needs. I have shared your comment with our team and have personally recoginized Kenya for her great customer service!

Take Care,
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is a great hotel and a great location. The customer service of Kenya was a great help in accommodating our large group. Her customer service was exceptionally well.

Will recommend to others.
Bridget & Darrelle!!!

Greetings Denise K,

I truly appreciate you taking a moment to recognize Kenya for her great customer service! I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to having you back as our guest during your next visit to New Orleans!

Warm Wishes,
Allison Hayward--Costa
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I had an awesome stay at this hotel during Essence Festival. The Courtyard is in the center of everything so we were able to walk to almost everywhere we needed to go. The front desk staff Michael and Ashlie were great the entire time. They provided directions and suggestions of places to eat, made us feel welcomed and had the best personalities ever!! The valet staff were courteous and brought our vehicles down expeditiously every time. I'd recommend anyone stay at this hotel and I will be back next year.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Allison H, General Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Greetings Tabitha F -

I am very pleased to read your review about your recent stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I expecially appreciate you recoginizing our front desk team memebers, Michael and Ashley. They are both great and I am so happy they and our team made your stay memoriable! I have shared your comment with my team and have personally recoginzed Michael and Ashley for their amazing customer service. We look forward to having you back as our guest during your next visit to New Orleans!
Warm WIshes,