“Really nice business hotel”

Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center
Ranked #15 of 161 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
Daphne, Alabama
“Really nice business hotel”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I booked this hotel because it was within walking distance of a conference I had set, and provided a place for me to leave my car. Some of the reviews I read about this hotel were a little negative but my stay at this hotel was very good. The staff were unbelievably friendly, courteous, helpful and kind throughout my stay. My room was spacious, clean, comfortable and quiet. No extra charge for internet. The cafe had a decent selection of quick food. Service was perfect and the food was good. This hotel is in the warehouse district. It is a bit removed from the hustle and bustle of the quarter, which can be beneficial if you are trying to work. I will return to this property the next time I have business in New Orleans.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor, especially if you stay at a time like Mardi Gras when there is more foot tra...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Allison H, General Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Dear CTP71,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel conveniently located and a comfortable environment for your business conference. We would love to have you back as our guest during your next trip to New Orleans!

Allison Hayward-Costa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Herrin, Illinois
Reviewed 5 August 2014

The service was good, staff was friendly. Was here for a conference at the Convention Center. Perfectly located for that, and plenty of eateries within walking distance. We checked in our first night on a Saturday, and the extreme thumping of bass coming from the night club directly across the street was a big nuisance, as we tried sleeping and it lasted well in the early a.m. This occurred again on Monday night/early morning. I can take it at lower levels, but this was not low. Last time I looked at clock it was after 2am. I would recommend a room away from Peters St. if possible. That's about the only complaint.

• Stayed August 2014
Decatur, Georgia
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I go to New Orleans once a year for a rival Atlanta Falcons game from Atlanta. I did not even realize this Courtyard was here. The price and location was perfect. The service was great. Great location to retreat after the noise and crowd of Bourbon St. Straight walk to Convention Center, to River Walk, to Harrahs Casino, to French Quarters. Make sure you get a pool side room. We could walk right out the room to the pool side with tables, chairs and lounge. Just great!

Room Tip: Pool./balcony side room on the second floor allows you to walk right out to the pool.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 3 August 2014

This was my first stay at this particular Courtyard (but am a loyal Marriott customer). Staff was fantastic. Location perfect for me. I was disappointed in the cigarette burns in the carpet but was willing to overlook this minor infraction thanks to the great service I received from the staff. I would have no hesitation recommending this hotel.

Room Tip: If you are concerned about noise, don't get a room facing the pool.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
chicago, il
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Hotel is easy to get to and is nicely located, and 2 blocks from the Convention Center so it's not a hotel canyon--there are normal businesses all around it. Staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating, and available all day and night for any need. If you're lucky you'll have a room that opens directly on to the courtyard and pool, making your early-morning swim much easier! Easy enough to access the rest of the city, the convention center, the trolleys and the French Quarter.

Room Tip: rooms on the courtyard have balconies or direct pool access
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Monroe, Louisiana
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Connie at the front desk was very polite and helpful from the moment we arrived and the valet service attendant was also very helpful. The location is perfect for the convention center and there are several nice restaurants in very close proximity. We walked to and from the French Quarter and made it with only a few sore muscles and a blister or two. It's probably fine for athletic young adults or if you make stops along the way to eat, drink or shop. One the last day we got a ride on a bike taxi. From the Aquarium to the hotel was $6 and we will definitely use them often when we return to New Orleans. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, and we would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: If you need a refrigerator or microwave, ask for it...not all rooms have them.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Allison H, General Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Gail,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! I truly appreciate you taking a moment to recoginize our wonderful staff, expecially Connie. I have shared your comment with my team and recoginized Connie for going above and beyond! We look forward to having you back as our guest during your next visit to New Orleans.

Reviewed 25 July 2014

My Company has me on the road a lot. They put us up in this particular Courtyard, not only was it a very nice hotel, but the service was great as well. I needed to take care of some business on a computer and mine was not working at the time. I tried the business center and was unable to use it due to licensing of Microsoft word can get expensive on multiple machines. I expressed my concern to the front desk and, Kenya instantly found a computer that met my needs and it helped out tremendously.

Thanks So Much

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Matt M
Dear Matt,

Thank you for shairng your experience during your recent stay with us! I am so happy to read that Kenya did a wonderful job in assisting you and by going above and beyond to ensure we met your needs. I have shared your comment with our team and have personally recoginized Kenya for her great customer service!

Take Care,