Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Fitness centre
Omni Riverfront Hotel(New Orleans)
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskfrench quarterjulia streetstarbucks coffeecruise terminalwithin walking distancespecial thanksoutdoor poolminute walkvalet parkingexposed brickvalet staffthe river walkattending a conferencesouthern hospitalitywwii museumthe room was nice
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I've stayed at this Courtyard few times in past for conventions in NOLA but decided it would be perfect location for a 4 day weekend for my wife and adult children and their spouse. It's perfect location between Garden District and easy walk to French Quarter...without all the craziness around you.

Facilities are great with nice pool and lounging area with lush vegetation. It has a larger than normal Bistro area well stocked with Abita beer!

I want especially call out some wonderful staff there:

Ashley was very friendly, helpful and knowledgable of area and suggested some great places on Frenchman Street. Kenya was also most helpful when the cooler ran out of some items...she immediately went to storage to get more juice and beers. She also helped facilitate a quick fix of our shower knob.

Finally I want to recognize Paris who ran the Bistro. LOVED your sunny cheery disposition and jokes started everyday great for me.

The staff at this Courtyard definitely make me want to come back. I am a Gold member and stay at a lot of Marriott properties. This one is worth the stop and the money!!!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Allison H, General Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown/Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Rick C,
I loved reading your comment about your recent stay at our hotel and I thank you for sharing! I expecially appreciate you taking a moment to recoginize by name a few of our associates that went above and beyond to make you and your family's trip a fun vacation. I have shared your comment with my entire team and have personally recoginized Kenya, Ashely and Paris for their excellent customer service. Thank you for coming back to our hotel to enjoy New Olreans with your family. We look forward to having you stay with us during your next New Orleans vacation!
Warm Wishes,

Reviewed 17 August 2014

The Assistant General Manager of this hotel was amazing from the moment we walked in to the hotel until we checked out. The hotel was beautiful and the service from all of the staff was better than any my wife and I have experienced in any hotel. Not only was the manager amazing there were other employees that I want to recognize as well. Michelle and Jose in the restaurant, Connie at the front desk, Jerome in valet parking and all of the housekeepers. Each time I came in contact with anyone on staff at this hotel they smiled and asked me how my stay was and it felt genuine.

If I ever have to travel back to New Orleans I will only stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Balcony room
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank M. J

Greetings MJ-
Thank you for your comment and I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us during your recent visit to New Orleans. Hope, Michelle, Jose, Connie and Jermone are all valued assets to our team and I appreciate you taking a moment to recoginize them. We look forward to having you back as our guest during your next visit to New Orleans!

Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the courtyard for two nights. The rooms were pretty standard but pleasant with a nice balcony overlooking the pool.

Quite an odd set up to get into the hotel but a nice lobby area, my friend had upset the receptionist by inadvertently calling her ugly although this was merely lost on translation due to our superior knowledge of the English language.

Great location for the shops, bourbon street and the convention centre without the hotel being too close and noisy.

Would recommend.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I booked this hotel because it was within walking distance of a conference I had set, and provided a place for me to leave my car. Some of the reviews I read about this hotel were a little negative but my stay at this hotel was very good. The staff were unbelievably friendly, courteous, helpful and kind throughout my stay. My room was spacious, clean, comfortable and quiet. No extra charge for internet. The cafe had a decent selection of quick food. Service was perfect and the food was good. This hotel is in the warehouse district. It is a bit removed from the hustle and bustle of the quarter, which can be beneficial if you are trying to work. I will return to this property the next time I have business in New Orleans.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor, especially if you stay at a time like Mardi Gras when there is more foot traffic in the area.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear CTP71,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel conveniently located and a comfortable environment for your business conference. We would love to have you back as our guest during your next trip to New Orleans!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

The service was good, staff was friendly. Was here for a conference at the Convention Center. Perfectly located for that, and plenty of eateries within walking distance. We checked in our first night on a Saturday, and the extreme thumping of bass coming from the night club directly across the street was a big nuisance, as we tried sleeping and it lasted well in the early a.m. This occurred again on Monday night/early morning. I can take it at lower levels, but this was not low. Last time I looked at clock it was after 2am. I would recommend a room away from Peters St. if possible. That's about the only complaint.

• Stayed: August 2014