“Every Time we visit New Orleans We will stay at the Park View!!!!!”

Park View Historic Hotel and Guest House
Ranked #25 of 140 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Metairie, Louisiana
“Every Time we visit New Orleans We will stay at the Park View!!!!!”
Reviewed 16 July 2011

This hotel is amazing! As soon as we walked through the door it was love at first sight! Just the scenery and all the antiques and old structure of the house gives that New Orleans feeling/experience! Not to mention, the staff is so nice and extremely helpful, they really do it all. Now, I didnt see them all but the three rooms that we had were all different and original and antique, and might I add the cleanliness...Great housekeepers!!! The breakfast is great! and included with your room. Not just a continental breakfast either they have everything you can imagine and more. I would recommend anyone taking a trip to New Orleans stay at the Park View Guest House! WE WILL DEFINITELY BE BACK!!!

Room Tip: There is no way to pick one that is better than the other, they are all original and all beautiful...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank mayasmama08

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Chevy Chase, Maryland
Reviewed 21 June 2011

Our family gathered here for a long weekend in May for a memorial service from my father-in-law. Park View graciously accommodated all 17 of us, ranging in age from 6 to 86. Each room was thoughtfully - and comfortably -decorated with antiques. The staff was unfailingly pleasant, the breakfasts and afternoon wine exceeded expectations, and somehow it felt absolutely appropriate that Liz, one of the owners, hugged us goodbye. We all agreed we would come back again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Ask desk staff. 3rd floor is a climb!
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank ccvicki
Boston
Reviewed 17 June 2011

My daughter and I stayed here in February while visiting Tulane. The location is great for Tulane (right across the street), and right on the St. Charles street car line. It was a pleasant ride by streetcar down to the french quarter, galleries, and Magazine Street shopping. This inn has been beautifully and tastefully restored. Walking in the front door and seeing the beautifully furnished sitting areas was like stepping into the past . Our room was large and airy and beautifully furnished. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was updated. Every afternoon, complimentary wine and a homemade baked good was put out in the dinning room and it was nice to sit out on the spacious front porch to recharge before going out at night. The staff at the front desk were always friendly and knowledgeable about the area.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank newenglandartist
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 13 June 2011

For the whole time our daughter has been at Tulane, I've been auditioning hotels, B&Bs and inns that the whole family can stay in for graduation next year. Park View was next on my list. It is virtually across the street from the campus and the room prices are moderate. But it doesn't make the grade for our purposes.

The building is a beautiful old home turned into a bed and breakfast, and the public rooms are gorgeous. But it's the little things .... I didn't realize when booking that there is no elevator. So when I arrived after 7 p.m., which is when the staff leaves (they give you a key code to let yourself in), I had to haul my very heavy bags myself to the third floor. Although the staff is on duty during the day, not one staff member ever greeted me or offered me any help or asked if I needed anything. No one offered to help with my bags when I checked out.

The breakfast tastes fine, but again suffers from a lack of service or help, and just smacks of being cut-rate. I had to laugh that although someone is in the kitchen baking biscuits, the place doesn't offer butter --- only "spread"-- and the only jam available is Concord grape jelly in a squeeze bottle. And although my room was clean, there were only two (wire) hangers in the closet, and the toilet ran. Finally, the wireless was horrible -- it cut out constantly.

I realize I may sound petty, but those are the little issues that make the difference between an ok experience and good one that leaves a person wanting to come back. And I don't want to come back.

Room Tip: There is no elevator.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank Susie_Starlight
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 26 May 2011

On the St Charles streetcar line next to Audubon Park & Zoo and across from Tulane University. This beautiful Bed & Breakfast was built as a Guest House in 1884 and is still doing a great job. Snacks and wine in the afternoon, a nice breakfast, well done rooms with flat screen tv. Everything was very enjoyable. We went to a meeting at Tulane and plan to stay here next year for the same conference.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank keithfla
Oak Lawn, IL
Reviewed 24 May 2011

This being our first time in New Orleans, we did not know what to expect. We stayed in the French Quarter District for one night. We decided to book a night at this B & B so that we can experience the Garden District. From the moment we laid eyes on it, we were very happy. The location was PERFECT. It was located right across the street from a beautiful park that had a walking path that lead to the ZOO and Magazine Street which is know for its row of antique shops and restaurants. It was also located on St. Charles Street which is where you can catch a street car to head into downtown or its many restaurants. We totally recommend taking a street car vs. a cab, you save money (if you are on a budget) and the scenery is beautiful (million dollar mansions filled with beautiful garden, ornate ironwork, and architecture. The Inn itself is warm, inviting and very clean. The new owners are very friendly and helpful. We mentioned that it was our one year wedding anniversary and were surprised when we got back to our room to find a complimentary bottle of champaign. The whole experience was wonderful and we believce the price is worth every penny. We plan on coming back to New Orleans and staying at the Parkview Inn. I cannot find one complaint about the Parkivew Inn and totally recommend it to anyone. If you are a party animal and like noise, crowds, and the Bourbon Street environment (drunk people, strip joints, etc.) then I would not recommend this place. If you want to experience Bourban Street but not stay in an upscale environment, this would be the place for you too.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Radjas
Maryland
Reviewed 10 May 2011

We stayed there while my fiancée's sister was moving out of Tulane for the summer. The building is similar to the numerous mansions on St Charles Ave. The staff was very accommodating when we wanted to leave her 8 million 50lb luggage bags in a storage area before we checked in. During our stay we were provided complimentry snacks during the day and all u can drink wine in the evening. it's located next to the beautiful Audobon Park and right next to the street car stop for an easy ride to downtown. The free breakfast in the mrning did the job. I will deffinately stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011